11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a couple of weeks after buying my civic ex I decided to try an clean it up a bit ... so bought some turtle was wax and ceramic coating...hated it took for ever to get off exterior glass....but after wards tried cleaning interior glass... it was horrible on inside rear windshield....streaking was awful... and now I seem to see rows of spots... is this normal??

·
Registered
2019 Honda Civic Coupe EX - Aegean Blue
188 Posts
I've also noticed the uniform rows of "spots" on almost every car I've ever driven (especially with polarized lenses on). I think this is something that happens with back windows (possibly due to the defroster elements in the glass?).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! I'll post a picture as soon as I can get a good one....I just seem to notice it most in the later afternoon time....

·
Registered
2019 Honda Civic Coupe EX - Aegean Blue
188 Posts
Yea... I've seen/had those spots on EVERY car I've ever owned. They usually are only visible with polarized lenses, or in certain lighting conditions. I've noticed them before on almost every make and model of car. I think they have something to do with the defroster elements in the glass, but not 100% sure.

The fact the spots are in such neat repeating rows tells me is has something to do with how the glass is made/laminated/etc. But it only seems to effect the rear window, another reason I assume it has something to do with the defroster elements

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea... I've seen/had those spots on EVERY car I've ever owned. They usually are only visible with polarized lenses, or in certain lighting conditions. I've noticed them before on almost every make and model of car. I think they have something to do with the defroster elements in the glass, but not 100% sure.

The fact the spots are in such neat repeating rows tells me is has something to do with how the glass is made/laminated/etc. But it only seems to effect the rear window, another reason I assume it has something to do with the defroster elements
Ok thanks.... was just a little worried. But I definitely appreciate the info. Getting the windows tinted so hopefully it helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts