11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Touring
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

The Hatch finally came in today, its a 1.5t 6 speed and it looks amazing. We can wait to start building up the car with all the supporting mods and show you what this thing is going to be capable of. Make sure to check out the video of the walk through and what we plan on doing.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback ST 6MT in PWP
203 Posts
Hey guys

The Hatch finally came in today, its a 1.5t 6 speed and it looks amazing. We can wait to start building up the car with all the supporting mods and show you what this thing is going to be capable of. Make sure to check out the video of the walk through and what we plan on doing.

So you got this from Right Honda in Scottsdale, AZ?

Funny thing is, they were one of the dealers I contacted last week about the unicorn I'm hunting, a white-on-black six-speed Sport Touring Civic HB, that they had listed as on Cars.com and "in transit" on their website. I talked to them for a pretty long time, and was seriously considering putting a deposit down over the phone and then flying in from NYC to get the car and drive it back (I have a friend to visit in Phoenix anyway, and it'd be my first road trip/vacation since the pandemic).

If that sounds crazy then don't worry, it didn't happen. Just as I was getting my CC out they double checked and the car "had just been sold".

Apparently to you! LOL

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So you got this from Right Honda in Scottsdale, AZ?

Funny thing is, they were one of the dealers I contacted last week about the unicorn I'm hunting, a white-on-black six-speed Sport Touring Civic HB, that they had listed as on Cars.com and "in transit" on their website. I talked to them for a pretty long time, and was seriously considering putting a deposit down over the phone and then flying in from NYC to get the car and drive it back (I have a friend to visit in Phoenix anyway, and it'd be my first road trip/vacation since the pandemic).

If that sounds crazy then don't worry, it didn't happen. Just as I was getting my CC out they double checked and the car "had just been sold".

Apparently to you! LOL
Thats crazy, Ya we bought this within an hour when Honda announced the 2022 Hatch, had to wait a couple of months but it was worth it, we got lucky for sure

·
Registered
203 Posts

Ktuner installed, first with a 6 speed 1.5t
Yo you only have 218 miles on the odo

I thought you were gonna break this car in before doing the performance mods, LOL

BTW why ktuner over Hondata? I assume at some point, after at least six months if not a year, I'll try the Hondata CARB tune

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yo you only have 218 miles on the odo

I thought you were gonna break this car in before doing the performance mods, LOL

BTW why ktuner over Hondata? I assume at some point, after at least six months if not a year, I'll try the Hondata CARB tune
Just cause the tune is on it doesnt mean we arent breaking it in.

Ktuner is far superior on the new Hondas well proven these days, if you do want the carb one then Hondata is the only option

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just cause the tune is on it doesnt mean we arent breaking it in.

Ktuner is far superior on the new Hondas well proven these days, if you do want the carb one then Hondata is the only option
I'm kidding, it's just ironic to tune a car when you aren't supposed to WOT to redline yet, that's all

My limited experience with getting a Hondata based custom tuning (pre-CARB) involved running it on a dyno through the entire power band over and over

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya we wont full throttle till over 500miles especially I want the clutch broken in, that is the weakest point on these cars with mods

·
Registered
203 Posts
Good stuff

Only thing is, by doing this before or while still breaking in, you lose the ability to get a real before and after comparison to stock

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good stuff

Only thing is, by doing this before or while still breaking in, you lose the ability to get a real before and after comparison to stock
Ya ive already installed one on the 10th gen Civic and Accord its noticable. Not going to be anything like their HVI that they should bring out next year but its a nice change for the price

1 - 20 of 20 Posts