11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have seen a lot of interest on forums for an Si version of the upcoming hatchback. I sent Honda an email asking that they consider it.

If you want one, let them know! View attachment 2488 View attachment 2488
I'm glad you posted this. I followed your lead requesting a stick shift Si hatchback that I WILL be buying if Honda will make it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd be really interested to see if anyone gets a response from Honda. I've never sent an email like this to a manufacturer.
This was the email response I got back:

"
Thank you for allowing Honda Automobile Customer Service the opportunity of responding to your message. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand. Our customer's satisfaction is of utmost importance to us and we assure you of our interest in your feedback.

It is our pleasure to note your valuable comments. Honda strives to produce vehicles which exceed our customer's expectations and your insight assists us in fully understanding consumer perspective. Whenever a client reaches out to us, we document feedback, which can then be used by several of our departments. This includes developing products, options combinations, dealer training, and marketing."

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
This was the email response I got back:

"
Thank you for allowing Honda Automobile Customer Service the opportunity of responding to your message. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand. Our customer's satisfaction is of utmost importance to us and we assure you of our interest in your feedback.

It is our pleasure to note your valuable comments. Honda strives to produce vehicles which exceed our customer's expectations and your insight assists us in fully understanding consumer perspective. Whenever a client reaches out to us, we document feedback, which can then be used by several of our departments. This includes developing products, options combinations, dealer training, and marketing."
That looks like one of those generic automated responses they immediately send back as a way to confirm they received your email. Do keep us posted on an actual response because that should happen sometime soon!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That looks like one of those generic automated responses they immediately send back as a way to confirm they received your email. Do keep us posted on an actual response because that should happen sometime soon!
I'm honestly not anticipating a further response. It will take a lot of customer input to get them to move on this. But every bit helps.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I'm honestly not anticipating a further response. It will take a lot of customer input to get them to move on this. But every bit helps.
Unfortunately that is true. I have a feeling they will be quite hesitant, otherwise it would've been done with the 10th gen after all these years. If they don't and the idea is dead in the water, up for making your own Si?

That $700 Hondata tune is a great start along with a limited-slip diff.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have seen a lot of interest on forums for an Si version of the upcoming hatchback. I sent Honda an email asking that they consider it.

If you want one, let them know! View attachment 2488 View attachment 2488
Hey Steve-Thank you for this post! I saw it back when it was first posted and had contacted Honda begging for the Si hatchback, but as we all know an Si hatchback wasn't in the cards.

When the spy photo of a Meteorite Gray metallic Sport sedan got posted, I was enamored and that was the color my manual hatch was going to be. When the configurator went live and I couldn't configure any of the 4 hatch trim levels in Meteorite with a manual I figured I would settle for the LX's CVT. I was talking with 3 high volume dealerships in VA/MD and found a guy willing to ask his general manager to see if Honda would let them special order a Canadian model for me. I missed my sales guy's calls on 12/23/21, but I got his text that his general manager had gotten a green light for the "go ahead." I almost broke my friend's ancient laptop downloading the build order and deposit pdf. I was as excited as I was when I bought my '14 CB500F ABS, but was advised I was looking at a 7-9 month wait as production was down and the like. That's fine with me-my CRV hasn't hit 200k yet and it's not going anywhere when it does.

But it's been 6 months and all of managers at the dealership know about "my" car but haven't gotten a build date or heard a word from Honda about my car. i remembered your post and contacting Honda to build the Si hatch and figured i'd follow that path to find out what the status of what will possibly be the last manual Honda hatchback I'll be able to buy before we all end up in toaster ovens and air fryers that drive us while we text, tweet and Instagram.

Sorry to ramble. Keeping my fingers crossed. And once again-Thank you Steve. Stay safe y'all-

·
Registered
18 Posts
Isn't that an Integra? I think Honda may not make that vehicle on purpose.
yeah that post was from over a year ago before we knew Si would only be a sedan, but I’m pretty sure Honda decided against the SI hatch as it would have stolen sales from the Integra.

my recent post rambles on about how you can get a manual hatchback in all three of the Canadian trim levels in the particular color I want-Which is not currently possible for any USDM hatch and I’m 7 months into waiting for a special order.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback ST 6MT
505 Posts
I want a meteorite gray metallic 6 speed manual LX hatchback and found a dealer here in Virginia that got the OK from Honda to special order it.
You couldn't get an Si hatch so dropped all the way to LX hatch? Why not ST 6MT? Just curious. (Pricing?)

·
Registered
18 Posts
You couldn't get an Si hatch so dropped all the way to LX hatch? Why not ST 6MT? Just curious. (Pricing?)
When I found out there was no Si hatchback, I considered the sport touring but i’ve been leery of the turbo engines since issues when they first came out and I don’t want turbo issues down the road and K-series engine family is pretty bullet proof.

Price is a factor too; considering the last SI was 25K I can’t fathom paying 30K for civic sport touring in a color I don’t like with ugly rims that would have me buying a wheel and tire package from tire rack before the car even arrived.

(I loved my premium white pearl CR-Z EX 6mt, but once I saw the Meteorite Grey metallic I was hooked)

·
Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback ST 6MT
505 Posts
When I found out there was no Si hatchback, I considered the sport touring but i’ve been leery of the turbo engines since issues when they first came out and I don’t want turbo issues down the road and K-series engine family is pretty bullet proof.

Price is a factor too; considering the last SI was 25K I can’t fathom paying 30K for civic sport touring in a color I don’t like with ugly rims that would have me buying a wheel and tire package from tire rack before the car even arrived.

(I loved my premium white pearl CR-Z EX 6mt, but once I saw the Meteorite Grey metallic I was hooked)
But the 2022 Si is also a turbo. The same 1.5T engine as the 2022 ST, basically, just tuned differently, with a higher-flow exhaust and a lighter flywheel.

If you're saying you'd want a 2022 Si hatchback but with the 9th gen Si engine and at its 25K price too (instead of the $28.5K of the 2022 Si), well that's just not happening no matter what you write to Honda :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
But the 2022 Si is also a turbo. The same 1.5T engine as the 2022 ST, basically, just tuned differently, with a higher-flow exhaust and a lighter flywheel.

If you're saying you'd want a 2022 Si hatchback but with the 9th gen Si engine and at its 25K price too (instead of the $28.5K of the 2022 Si), well that's just not happening no matter what you write to Honda :D
not what I said at all.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts