11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have seen a lot of interest on forums for an Si version of the upcoming hatchback. I sent Honda an email asking that they consider it.

If you want one, let them know! View attachment 2488 View attachment 2488
I'm glad you posted this. I followed your lead requesting a stick shift Si hatchback that I WILL be buying if Honda will make it.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Honda offering both an Si Sedan and Si Hatchback would be great for them as an A/B test to see which model everyone actually prefers. But if they don't, would any of you be making your own Si Hatch? With a Hondata FlashPro update we should be able to make Si power.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd be really interested to see if anyone gets a response from Honda. I've never sent an email like this to a manufacturer.
This was the email response I got back:

"
Thank you for allowing Honda Automobile Customer Service the opportunity of responding to your message. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand. Our customer's satisfaction is of utmost importance to us and we assure you of our interest in your feedback.

It is our pleasure to note your valuable comments. Honda strives to produce vehicles which exceed our customer's expectations and your insight assists us in fully understanding consumer perspective. Whenever a client reaches out to us, we document feedback, which can then be used by several of our departments. This includes developing products, options combinations, dealer training, and marketing."

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
This was the email response I got back:

"
Thank you for allowing Honda Automobile Customer Service the opportunity of responding to your message. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand. Our customer's satisfaction is of utmost importance to us and we assure you of our interest in your feedback.

It is our pleasure to note your valuable comments. Honda strives to produce vehicles which exceed our customer's expectations and your insight assists us in fully understanding consumer perspective. Whenever a client reaches out to us, we document feedback, which can then be used by several of our departments. This includes developing products, options combinations, dealer training, and marketing."
That looks like one of those generic automated responses they immediately send back as a way to confirm they received your email. Do keep us posted on an actual response because that should happen sometime soon!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That looks like one of those generic automated responses they immediately send back as a way to confirm they received your email. Do keep us posted on an actual response because that should happen sometime soon!
I'm honestly not anticipating a further response. It will take a lot of customer input to get them to move on this. But every bit helps.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I'm honestly not anticipating a further response. It will take a lot of customer input to get them to move on this. But every bit helps.
Unfortunately that is true. I have a feeling they will be quite hesitant, otherwise it would've been done with the 10th gen after all these years. If they don't and the idea is dead in the water, up for making your own Si?

That $700 Hondata tune is a great start along with a limited-slip diff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts