11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a deposit down on a Sport trim. The cheapest I was able to find was MSRP plus TTL, without any add ons, so it came to $26k. I had other dealers quote me $30-32k. But moone is willing to go below MSRP. I've always heard your drive out should be below MSRP. I'm not sure if that is possible in this market. I just don't want to get 3 years down the road and have the dreaded "Ugh I still owe __ on this car.". What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm in Canada so maybe the situation is a little different, but the dealer's initial offer was MSRP + freight + PDI + licensing + tire/rim protection. They immediately scratched tire/rim protection before I could finish suggesting it, and they knocked $1K off MSRP with practically zero hassle, so I went with it. I don't think I could have done much better at that dealer or anywhere else, so I'm pretty happy.

·
Registered
119 Posts
You are in Canada? Your 'flag' beside 'registered' shows USA.
Where did you buy your car and what trim? I see Touring out the door for $36.6K. Kind of steep for a small(er) car.
If they gave you car for $1K off, you should push for even more...

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm on a work computer connected to a corporate network which routes traffic through the States, so it "looks" like I'm in the U.S. even though I'm not, it's wonderfully confusing.

I don't want to reveal exactly which dealer as it would give away more about my location than I'd really prefer publicly but it's a dealer in the GTA. I bought the Touring.

I thought $1K off was fair considering they also gave me a respectable price for my trade-in (better than I was expecting). All in all I was out the door for less than $30k.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We’re being told basically this is a seller’s market, due to chip shortage & few 22s arriving at our dealer. We’ve consistently been able to negotiate with these folks, with whom we’ve dealt for years. So far, no negotiation; no sale😟

·
Registered
109 Posts
I put a deposit down on a Sport trim. The cheapest I was able to find was MSRP plus TTL, without any add ons, so it came to $26k. I had other dealers quote me $30-32k. But moone is willing to go below MSRP. I've always heard your drive out should be below MSRP. I'm not sure if that is possible in this market. I just don't want to get 3 years down the road and have the dreaded "Ugh I still owe __ on this car.". What are your thoughts?
I was $31,700 total out the door for the 2022 civic Touring.1st car to that dealership.On 6/10/2021 No tread in Cash deal. 😊 negotiating can be fun . The hole deal took 15 mins.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm on a work computer connected to a corporate network which routes traffic through the States, so it "looks" like I'm in the U.S. even though I'm not, it's wonderfully confusing.

I don't want to reveal exactly which dealer as it would give away more about my location than I'd really prefer publicly but it's a dealer in the GTA. I bought the Touring.

I thought $1K off was fair considering they also gave me a respectable price for my trade-in (better than I was expecting). All in all I was out the door for less than $30k.
I am sorry, I can believe you bought Civic 2022 Touring for CAD$30K out the door (including HST, delivery, whatnot). MSRP is $36.6 including $300 for particular paint and all other charges. For CAD$30 I will go RIGHT NOW and buy Touring.

No reason to be afraid to reveal your location, nobody will go after you! I have good experience with Maple Honda (at least sales guy was very pleasant) when I was kicking tires on new Accord. But Accord is too big for me...

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am sorry, I can believe you bought Civic 2022 Touring for CAD$30K out the door (including HST, delivery, whatnot). MSRP is $36.6 including $300 for particular paint and all other charges. For CAD$30 I will go RIGHT NOW and buy Touring.

No reason to be afraid to reveal your location, nobody will go after you! I have good experience with Maple Honda (at least sales guy was very pleasant) when I was kicking tires on new Accord. But Accord is too big for me...
US. And it was 31,700

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm in Canada so maybe the situation is a little different, but the dealer's initial offer was MSRP + freight + PDI + licensing + tire/rim protection. They immediately scratched tire/rim protection before I could finish suggesting it, and they knocked $1K off MSRP with practically zero hassle, so I went with it. I don't think I could have done much better at that dealer or anywhere else, so I'm pretty happy.
i got 400 off MSRP plus because my wife has a CRV we got 2% off the total price and 1% off for 2.99%$ for leasing

·
Registered
85 Posts

Like I said, that price is with a trade in. Without that, I would have paid around $34k.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was $31,700 total out the door for the 2022 civic Touring.1st car to that dealership.On 6/10/2021 No tread in Cash deal. 😊 negotiating can be fun . The hole deal took 15 mins.
My 1st dealer wouldn't budge off MSRP. He wouldn't even drop the $49 charge for nitrogen filled tires :rolleyes: Next dealer wanted sticker plus additional $1299 for their dealer package that included allweather mats, trunk liner, wheel locks, and some emergency roadside service my insurance covers anyway. I said no thanks to the package, asked for window tinting to be thrown in, and offered $500 below sticker. Deal done, no tinting.......$28,795 cash out the door.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just purchased a '22 Sport for MSRP ($24,095). Most other dealers I contacted were asking over MSRP. Traded in a 2019 F150 STX (supercrew) with 23k miles. They initially offered me 26k on trade. I laughed at the salesman. After a couple hours of negotiations, I got 30k for my trade. Subtract what I owed on the truck, and I was initially out the door for $21,700ish. Then we included extended B2B warranty, oil changes and tire rotations for 4 years, wheel/tire coverage for 5 years, and GAP. Out the door just shy over 26k.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I just purchased a '22 Sport for MSRP ($24,095). Most other dealers I contacted were asking over MSRP. Traded in a 2019 F150 STX (supercrew) with 23k miles. They initially offered me 26k on trade. I laughed at the salesman. After a couple hours of negotiations, I got 30k for my trade. Subtract what I owed on the truck, and I was initially out the door for $21,700ish. Then we included extended B2B warranty, oil changes and tire rotations for 4 years, wheel/tire coverage for 5 years, and GAP. Out the door just shy over 26k.
Nice work!

Share some pics when you get a chance!

And welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Thanks! I was going to wait to post pics till I had tint installed, and time for a proper wash and detail. It’s been raining sporadically here since I bought it..but here ya go.

View attachment 2478
Congratulations @gingerl0rd and welcome to the forum! How much tint are you looking to add to the windows?

When you get the chance be sure to add your car to the forum's owner registry

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congratulations @gingerl0rd and welcome to the forum! How much tint are you looking to add to the windows?

When you get the chance be sure to add your car to the forum's owner registry

Thanks! I plan on doing 5% all around, excluding the windshield. I had 20% on my previous F150, but to me it wasn't 'enough' for the privacy/heat factor.
It's def not legal and will stop you from getting a new inspection sticker here in Louisiana, but luckily I found a place that looks the other way.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks! I plan on doing 5% all around, excluding the windshield. I had 20% on my previous F150, but to me it wasn't 'enough' for the privacy/heat factor.
It's def not legal and will stop you from getting a new inspection sticker here in Louisiana, but luckily I found a place that looks the other way.
careful big Brother is watching he will follow you with the satellite and then who knows what will happen next🤣

·
Registered
46 Posts
Honda salesman here. Every single 11th gen we've sold has been at MSRP. But we also don't make you pay for extras like tinting, nitrogen, etc.

It's a sellers market now and it will be probably until end of year. If you have a trade, that's your "deal". Its probably worth more than you think.

Anyway, if you're near SC and want a Civic message me.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Honda salesman here. Every single 11th gen we've sold has been at MSRP. But we also don't make you pay for extras like tinting, nitrogen, etc.

It's a sellers market now and it will be probably until end of year. If you have a trade, that's your "deal". Its probably worth more than you think.

Anyway, if you're near SC and want a Civic message me.
With no discount at all I don’t think you’re doing yourself any favors going on a forum and letting people know that you as a dealer are not interested in negotiations the take it or leave it attitude of dealerships at this point in time is something that most people well remember the next time they need to buy a car. I was able to get a rather large discount off of the MSRP and the dealership did not add on any extra fees at all that’s why I bought the car . I am sure there are plenty of dealers do you and ethical business.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts