11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm looking to purchase the 2022 Civic. I currently have a 2017 Civic EX and was just curious if you're planning to negotiate the price below MSRP? I've always paid below MSRP but I also haven't purchased a vehicle right when it was released. For my new 2017 my walkout price with TT&L and gap insurance was 21k and no trade-in or down payment. I see posts about people putting down deposits. Does this mean you're accepting whatever price the dealer is listing it at without any negotiations? If you're negotiating, how much below MSRP are you aiming for?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I personally would never just willingly purchase at MSRP - there's always wiggle room even on a brand new car (or so I think, anyway). Doesn't hurt to negotiate, worst case scenario is the dealer doesn't budge and either you buy for MSRP or find another dealer that will.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Of course I am not going to pay MSRP. This will be, most likely, one of the most common, most manufactured car of this decade. Quite possibly - one of the last all-ICE cars manufactured on this scale. I'll pay whatever I'd pay for a new '21 were I buying it today. For me it translates into something like $31k out of the door for the Touring.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Always negotiate!

If you try and buy one right away though you might have issues.

Generally the first shipments of models are small, but give it maybe 3 months and thee will be so many Civics you'll have a great ability to negotiate.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Of course I am not going to pay MSRP. This will be, most likely, one of the most common, most manufactured car of this decade. Quite possibly - one of the last all-ICE cars manufactured on this scale. I'll pay whatever I'd pay for a new '21 were I buying it today. For me it translates into something like $31k out of the door for the Touring.
Please DM me if you can get that kind of price. I’m looking for the same car. I’m in AZ and so far I’m getting S*** from the dealer’s here.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Hi. I'm looking to purchase the 2022 Civic. I currently have a 2017 Civic EX and was just curious if you're planning to negotiate the price below MSRP? I've always paid below MSRP but I also haven't purchased a vehicle right when it was released. For my new 2017 my walkout price with TT&L and gap insurance was 21k and no trade-in or down payment. I see posts about people putting down deposits. Does this mean you're accepting whatever price the dealer is listing it at without any negotiations? If you're negotiating, how much below MSRP are you aiming for?
You might have better luck with preconfigured models they keep around.
Which Civic trim are you after and what color?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Please DM me if you can get that kind of price. I’m looking for the same car. I’m in AZ and so far I’m getting S*** from the dealer’s here.
Really? In Arizona with its lower sales tax, and lower cost of title and registration 31k is exactly MSRP. I'd wait until the car is available and get a quote from all dealers within tank of gas distance. Driving 4-5 hours to pick up a car is not at all uncommon.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Really? In Arizona with its lower sales tax, and lower cost of title and registration 31k is exactly MSRP. I'd wait until the car is available and get a quote from all dealers within tank of gas distance. Driving 4-5 hours to pick up a car is not at all uncommon.
I’m not having much luck so far. The dealer act like there doing you a favor buy selling you car. They just say that’s the way it is. ADM .... ya right on a Civic? That’s way I’m trying to get some help on this forum but no response from anyone so far about a dealer selling under MSRP .😳

·
Registered
64 Posts
People can boast about negotiating, and not paying over MSRP, but if the demand exceeds supply, the price will be high. If you won't pay MSRP, but the next person in line will, why would the dealer care that you are going to walk away? In a few months, hopefully things will be much different.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I’m not having much luck so far. The dealer act like there doing you a favor buy selling you car. They just say that’s the way it is. ADM .... ya right on a Civic? That’s way I’m trying to get some help on this forum but no response from anyone so far about a dealer selling under MSRP .😳
Look, why do you worry so early? Even you offer 35, no dealer will be able to sell you a car until the 16th. And on the 16th you will be able to see who has what and request quotes. And by July 1st there will be thousands of them sold, and we will have some actual sales prices.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Look, why do you worry so early? Even you offer 35, no dealer will be able to sell you a car until the 16th. And on the 16th you will be able to see who has what and request quotes. And by July 1st there will be thousands of them sold, and we will have some actual sales prices.
Good point . I’m just short a car for now but I can wait til July 😊

·
Registered
186 Posts
People can boast about negotiating, and not paying over MSRP, but if the demand exceeds supply, the price will be high. If you won't pay MSRP, but the next person in line will, why would the dealer care that you are going to walk away? In a few months, hopefully things will be much different.
You are not wrong, but Honda's manufacturing capacities are considerable, and at 1000 cars a day dealers will run out of stupid buyers right quick, within days, not months. Also they started production in early May, so by the 16th there'll be probably something like 25,000-30,000 Civics out there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My concern is that I'm going off to college soon and need a car, if the Civic does get here and is sold in late June I might consider getting the sport if I can get it under MSRP which I highly doubt. If its going to be around 27k I rather get the Kia k5. Yall have any advice?

·
Registered
186 Posts
My concern is that I'm going off to college soon and need a car, if the Civic does get here and is sold in late June I might consider getting the sport if I can get it under MSRP which I highly doubt. If its going to be around 27k I rather get the Kia k5. Yall have any advice?
27 get you into an Accord Sport, which is similar in size to k5. My choice would be Gen10 EX-L though. But if you are only keeping the car until after graduation - Kia is fine.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Are you planning on leasing or financing? If it's just for school I'd go with the best rate I can get. If you're planning on owning it long term I'd me more comfortable with a Civic or Accord over the K5.

·
Registered
643 Posts
What's the fun of getting a new car without a little dickering with the salesperson. By being on this forum you're going to know more about the car than most reps. Even if you have to wait a little bit don't force yourself into a bad deal.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts