11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I turn off Apple Car Play so that my 2022 Civic Touring never tries to use it as an option? All it does is screw up my radio connection. If I am using Sirius XM while Car Play is set, and I happen to touch my phone, it will automatically switch the sound input to Phone. I HATE THIS!

·
Super Moderator
173 Posts
Mine did the same thing.

I believe its under phone options.

I don's use apple play. OEM has everything I need.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine did the same thing.

I believe its under phone options.

I don's use apple play. OEM has everything I need.
Thanks but it keeps getting set back to Apple Car Play seemingly at random. I keep having to switch it back at least every time I start the car. Any solution to completely remove Car Play as an option forever?

·
Super Moderator
173 Posts
There is an option you can check that doesn’t allow CarPlay to work anymore with your paired phone. I had my CarPlay activated and it was doing the same thing as yours. So I just chose the option to not have it on at all. It’s there just not 100% sure where it is.
You can try to have your phone forget your car and set it up all over again and you should see that CarPlay on or off option.

Check this thread and owners manual page 256.

I know its not exactly what your looking for but you should be able to figure out where to look for it on your car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is an option you can check that doesn’t allow CarPlay to work anymore with your paired phone. I had my CarPlay activated and it was doing the same thing as yours. So I just chose the option to not have it on at all. It’s there just not 100% sure where it is.
You can try to have your phone forget your car and set it up all over again and you should see that CarPlay on or off option.

Check this thread and owners manual page 256.

I know its not exactly what your looking for but you should be able to figure out where to look for it on your car.
Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts