11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been calling around..looks like not a lot of dealerships have a good order inventory for the hatch. Only one dealership out of 6 near me I've called know whats on order, and its just 1. The rest are saying that it'll be many many months until they have any on their lots. Looking a little bleak since I'm trying to get the hatch as soon as its available

my state is WA

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought my sedan from Seattle so if you need a salesman I can hook you up with mine :)

Where you located in Wa?
Haha I'm in Seattle too, so chances are i've already contacted that dealer to check if they have any hatches, but sure if you want to shoot me the salesman I'd be happy to check again later when inventory starts coming in

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just ordered one this week. The expected delivery is in late November or early December. The dealership I dealt with had 6 build slots allotted to it and they were all taken by customers so they are unlikely to have stock for sale for a few months. I'm in Alberta, Canada so things my be different down South.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I just ordered one this week. The expected delivery is in late November or early December. The dealership I dealt with had 6 build slots allotted to it and they were all taken by customers so they are unlikely to have stock for sale for a few months. I'm in Alberta, Canada so things my be different down South.
Hey @Snoopy welcome to the forum! Congrats on ordering your Civic! Which color and trim are you getting?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm surprised it will take so long. But I did talk to one dealer in So. Cal and they seemed to have no idea of when they were getting them in or at least told me that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered a sonic grey sport this Monday with a dealership in Wisconsin. They said the build date was the first week of October and it should arrive late November or early December. They were getting four hatchbacks, two sports and two tourings.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback ST 6MT in PWP
203 Posts
My local dealers are not “taking orders”, if that means accepting a deposit with a binding commitment to delivery of a specific configuration and price

They’ll get back to me “when inventory becomes available” on the HBs

·
Registered
718 Posts
I ordered a sonic grey sport this Monday with a dealership in Wisconsin. They said the build date was the first week of October and it should arrive late November or early December. They were getting four hatchbacks, two sports and two tourings.
Congrats on ordering your Civic Sport @Xpence, welcome! Did you consider the hatchback at all or were you set on the sedan?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I‘m looking forward to the day where there is no chip shortage and cars like the hatch are in plentiful supply once again.

Edit: I know production just started so supply will be short regardless but hoping for more inventory in 2022.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I placed an order last week and was told I was the first they had do so. Scheduled to go into production the first week of October so I'm optimistic I'll be able to take delivery before the end of the month. Sport-touring in boost blue for what it's worth.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback ST 6MT in PWP
203 Posts
So, I finally got a reply from a NYC area Honda dealer who didn't just brush me off with "we will be happy to work with you once we have the 2022 Civic Hatchbacks in inventory"

Honda of Valley Stream replied: "I would be happy to help you with the reservation of a 2022 Civic. The 2022 Civic hatchbacks are roughly 6-8 weeks away. Pricing is subject to current market pricing."

Well let's find out what "current market pricing" would mean... They're telling me to "come to the dealership to discuss my options" instead of just giving a number, much less saying "MSRP" so I'm assuming it's gonna be higher than that.

I figure I'll pop over after lunch and take a look-see at the 2022 Civic Sedan in Touring trim as an approximation of the interior of the ST Hatchback (e.g., the leather seats, touchscreen, sound system), and see what they try to push onto me

·
Registered
3 Posts
I spent a day making phonecalls trying to track down a hatchback sport in Boost Blue with the 2.0/6MT combo. I eventually found an insanely helpful salesperson who looked at some sort of inbound system and found one heading to a dealership ~2hrs away from me and he connected me with the new inventory manager over there. The car doesn't have a VIN yet, as it is in pre-production, but after some back and forth with the sales manager I was able to put down a small deposit on that specific incoming car. From what I gather it seems to be the only Boost Blue/2.0/6MT coming to a dealer anywhere near me for now (Texas). Now all I have to do is wait and hope my 2016 STi keeps itself together until I get that phonecall.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts