11th Gen Civic Forum banner
101 - 120 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2022 Civic Sport 2.0, having the same issue with the cruise control randomly shutting off while driving. Only way to get it to work again is pull off the interstate, shut the car off, restart it. This has happened at least 25 times now to me. Dealer can’t get it to act up when they reat drive it. I’ve called American Honda. They have opened a case on my car and provided me with a case number and a case manager. I encourage anyone having the same cruise control issue to call American Honda and have them open a case for your car. As of November 17th, 2021, American Honda Customer Care coild not provide me with a solution. They told me they are looking into the issue, but they need more owners to let them know they are having the same issue as well so they can escalate the investigation into finding a solution. Come on Honda, you can do better.
Same problems. Wasting time at dealer and wasting the dealers time. Honda customer service is absolutely worthless. I bought a Honda not to have problems for a long lasting high mileage commuter vehicle. I chose wrong; should have kept my Chevy with 130 k miles on it with a cruise that works.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is not an option on any kind of drive/commute! I use cruise everywhere.
I was dreaming of new Civic with ACC but now I love it less and less.
Did you try 'plain' cruise control which just keeps speed no matter what? It does not use camera and does not 'follow' car ahead. See in manual how to engage it. If that misbehaves too, then this car is pure CRAP.
does the same thing with ACC off . Emailed NHTSA as I am anticipating someone rear ending me on the interstate when it randomly brakes instead of just disabling. I am sure nothing will be done any time soon. Don't have much confidence after warranty expires.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic ST Sonic Gray Pearl
105 Posts
Been on a road trip since Monday, crossing several states. Cruise control has shut off on me over half dozen times now. No error messages. Sometimes it comes back after 10-15 minutes, sometimes stays broken for almost an hour. No rhyme or reason to it. Lane keeping on or off doesn't matter, follow distance doesn't matter. Windshield is perfectly clear

I thought it was something simple, but after reading this thread I guess we have to wait for Honda to fix it

·
Registered
49 Posts
Follow up from post #58. Finally got a chance to talk to our tech guy who deals with Honda (among others). He agrees with the theory that the CAN-bus is getting overloaded and has seen similar overloaded problems before on other vehicles, though not Honda cruise specific. If this problem persists he can call his Honda contacts, but our company involvement and contacts are at the design end and they wouldn't be involved (yet) with the current problem. He also said that posts in forums like our Civic11Forum should be monitored by people involved in the Civic program, so everyone keep the failure reporting coming and be as specific as possible.

All of you who have reported the problem to Honda Customer Service have done the right thing to get this problem solved. Without any codes, the dealer doesn't know where to start so moving the complaints up to corporate is the correct avenue. ( ryannel2003 if this or any other advise in this post is incorrect please chime in and correct me)

Workingtoomuch7720 you seem to have the attention of Honda Tech-I would see if you can get them to hook up their diagnostic tools to your car and you drive it for a day or two with them hooked up. Whatever failure is occurring is deeper than the OBD 2. For that matter, if ANYONE can their car hooked up please do it so this problem can be solved.

Because this problem is occurring in both IN hatchbacks and ON sedans, it's probably not build problem and if the problem was mechanical (a part failure) it should be registering as a code readable via the OBD 2. That leaves a software coding problem as the likely suspect and the only way to find that out is to have the car fail with a diagnostic tool attached.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback
25 Posts
Follow up from post #58. Finally got a chance to talk to our tech guy who deals with Honda (among others). He agrees with the theory that the CAN-bus is getting overloaded and has seen similar overloaded problems before on other vehicles, though not Honda cruise specific. If this problem persists he can call his Honda contacts, but our company involvement and contacts are at the design end and they wouldn't be involved (yet) with the current problem. He also said that posts in forums like our Civic11Forum should be monitored by people involved in the Civic program, so everyone keep the failure reporting coming and be as specific as possible.

All of you who have reported the problem to Honda Customer Service have done the right thing to get this problem solved. Without any codes, the dealer doesn't know where to start so moving the complaints up to corporate is the correct avenue. ( ryannel2003 if this or any other advise in this post is incorrect please chime in and correct me)

Workingtoomuch7720 you seem to have the attention of Honda Tech-I would see if you can get them to hook up their diagnostic tools to your car and you drive it for a day or two with them hooked up. Whatever failure is occurring is deeper than the OBD 2. For that matter, if ANYONE can their car hooked up please do it so this problem can be solved.

Because this problem is occurring in both IN hatchbacks and ON sedans, it's probably not build problem and if the problem was mechanical (a part failure) it should be registering as a code readable via the OBD 2. That leaves a software coding problem as the likely suspect and the only way to find that out is to have the car fail with a diagnostic tool attached.
Absolutely! So far at the dealership level we haven't seen any bulletins or corrections on HondaIN for this and I check daily. At this point the only thing you can do is contact American Honda and tell them your situation. When talking to customer support I always tell my customers to be polite and firm because they are just trying to do their jobs. My cruise control didn't act up for me on my 700 mile trip but I didn't keep cruise going for more than 45 minutes or so because of traffic. We've had CAN bus issues with our Pilot's and Odyssey's for popping speakers so an overload of this system could be possible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, just got my Civic a couple of months ago. It is an LX, so just base model. At any rate, I have been having some issues with the cruise control recently that I wanted to see if anyone else has come across yet. It happened to me today for the second time since I got the car. In both occurrences, I was just cruising at 75 on the freeway with nobody in front of me,. I was driving and for no reason the car cancelled cruise control on its own. No messages popped up except the symbol and "OFF" next to it, and I started slowing down. No different than turning it off manually or just pressing the brake pedal. I was not able to turn it back on again. When I would try to resume or set the speed again, I would get an error sound and the same message "OFF" next to the cruise symbol. Nothing else. It was dark out, and the humidity was high so I thought something might have just gotten on the front camera. I pulled over and found that it was clean, so got back in the car and it worked again, no other issues. That was about a month ago. Today, was again at 75 with no cars in front of me, good and clearly marked road, in broad daylight. Car canceled cruise for no reason again in the same way it did before. Could not re-engage, got same error sound and "OFF" message. This time I knew for sure there was nothing on the camera. I pulled over, put the car in park, then put it back in drive and started driving again. I could set the cruise control again and it worked for the rest of the drive. Another important thing to add is that I had the lane keep assist active on both occasions, and it never stopped working at all, still kept the lane without issue. I took a very short video when it happened again today, see the link:

20211004_130327.mp4

I spoke to someone on the phone from the Honda Customer Care hotline just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. We went through the owner's manual together and agreed that it said nothing about this type of situation, and that it should never just cancel and refuse to re-engage until the vehicle is bought to a complete stop and put in park. He said that I should make an appointment to have it looked at. One thing that I have NOT tried is switching over to normal cruise control mode via holding the interval button when this whole thing is happening.

Called local dealer, they want $145 just to look at it. It has 3k miles and it is a leased vehicle, so I'm not really sure why I have to pay. I actually don't know if this is the norm or not as this is the first brand new vehicle that I have leased from any dealership, so on a side note I would like to hear your opinions on that too.

Just looking to see if anyone has had a similar issue and could provide some guidance.
Your car should be under full warranty still so they shouldn’t be charging you at all.

Dealers are the worst.
Hey guys, just got my Civic a couple of months ago. It is an LX, so just base model. At any rate, I have been having some issues with the cruise control recently that I wanted to see if anyone else has come across yet. It happened to me today for the second time since I got the car. In both occurrences, I was just cruising at 75 on the freeway with nobody in front of me,. I was driving and for no reason the car cancelled cruise control on its own. No messages popped up except the symbol and "OFF" next to it, and I started slowing down. No different than turning it off manually or just pressing the brake pedal. I was not able to turn it back on again. When I would try to resume or set the speed again, I would get an error sound and the same message "OFF" next to the cruise symbol. Nothing else. It was dark out, and the humidity was high so I thought something might have just gotten on the front camera. I pulled over and found that it was clean, so got back in the car and it worked again, no other issues. That was about a month ago. Today, was again at 75 with no cars in front of me, good and clearly marked road, in broad daylight. Car canceled cruise for no reason again in the same way it did before. Could not re-engage, got same error sound and "OFF" message. This time I knew for sure there was nothing on the camera. I pulled over, put the car in park, then put it back in drive and started driving again. I could set the cruise control again and it worked for the rest of the drive. Another important thing to add is that I had the lane keep assist active on both occasions, and it never stopped working at all, still kept the lane without issue. I took a very short video when it happened again today, see the link:

20211004_130327.mp4

I spoke to someone on the phone from the Honda Customer Care hotline just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. We went through the owner's manual together and agreed that it said nothing about this type of situation, and that it should never just cancel and refuse to re-engage until the vehicle is bought to a complete stop and put in park. He said that I should make an appointment to have it looked at. One thing that I have NOT tried is switching over to normal cruise control mode via holding the interval button when this whole thing is happening.

Called local dealer, they want $145 just to look at it. It has 3k miles and it is a leased vehicle, so I'm not really sure why I have to pay. I actually don't know if this is the norm or not as this is the first brand new vehicle that I have leased from any dealership, so on a side note I would like to hear your opinions on that too.

Just looking to see if anyone has had a similar issue and could provide some guidance.
Add me to the list. Civic Sport, just over 200 miles, has shut off every day on my way to work this week, and once on the way home...not good, I use CC A LOT.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Add me to the list. Civic Sport, just over 200 miles, has shut off every day on my way to work this week, and once on the way home...not good, I use CC A LOT.
I am really sad and upset reading all these issue people have with ACC.
Main reason for me to consider new car is to experience this new technology. I did test drive of Sonata, Accord and they all performed exactly as I expected. But of course, that was 10-15 minutes drive. I did not test Civic yet and reading all this posts I think I will pass it for a year or two.
Maybe I should go and read some posts in Hyundai, Toyota and Subaru forum to see if people complain about ACC there. SHAME on Honda to sell such crappy and untested car.
Somebody mention that even 'plain' cruise does not perform properly on new Civic. There is no excuse for that.
I am sorry for you early adopters to have to experience such frustration. But I guess, thanks to you Honda might (just might?) do something an fix this issue. At lest you Americans have 'lemon law' while we Canadians can only cry or bitch or get rid of lousy car if something is not right...

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback ST
220 Posts
Fingers crossed. 1800 miles and no problems as of yet. The only “glitch” I’ve had was once early on when I got a message that the airbags were malfunctioning and to turn off the engine and restart. After the restart I haven’t had that message anymore.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
10 Posts
Sadly, I now have to add my name to this list. Took a lengthier drive for Thanksgiving and after about 30-45 minutes, cruise control shut off on its own, and I was unable to turn it back on. An error sound played each time I tried to re-enable it, but no messages or anything that would actually indicate an error displayed on screen.

I'm now a little over 700 miles in my Sport Touring Hatch.

Thankfully I don't use ACC too much, but this is still problematic. I imagine that someone may not even notice that it shut off and might only realize it once they start slowing in speed, which is certainly not safe for driving.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback
25 Posts
I'm curious to know everyone's VIN Number and see if it's a entire build issue or just limited to a certain run of cars?
VIN: 000777
Mileage: 1885
2022 Civic Sport Touring Hatchback

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seeing this issue on my 2022 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring which i just picked up this week with less than 60 miles. ACC worked for about 15 minutes before turning it self off and not being able to turn back on again. Was able to re-engage after I drove the car again but it turned itself off again the second time. It was a clear day and there was not a lot of traffic. Have already reported to Honda Customer Service with a case number and will be making an appointment with the dealership just to establish a paper trail. This is my first time using cruise control on the vehicle I have not tested the use of regular cruise control yet. But I will follow up with this test. Will also attempt to record on video as evidence.

It would be unfortunate if regular cruise control is also not working. As far as Im aware regular cruise control should not have any need for the camera and sensors and should work like traditional cruise control systems. If both modes are not operational then the issue is likely something deeper than merely just the complex sensors and cameras.

·
Registered
139 Posts
1127 - 1985 miles. No problems so far.
With all these people reporting issue with ACC, I am wondering do you use it AT ALL and for how long?
I expect every car's component to work flawlessly particularly ACC which controls speed and other parameters while driving.
Imagine it breaks on highway when you do 100km because of some fly farted on windshield... Or slams into car ahead...

·
Registered
37 Posts
The fact that it's somewhat repeatable at certain places with signs angled just so (based on others' posts on this thread) would tend to make me think it's a programming flaw... too sensitive, or something.

It's also worth noting there are two versions of ACC:. ACC and ACC with slow speed return or some similar name (as per manual). Might be worth reporting which version your car has when reporting a fault.

AFAIK only one guy in here has indicated he was in standard cruise at time of failure, everyone else appears to be in ACC. Not saying he is wrong, but odds would seem pretty good that he was actually in ACC at the time, since he's literally the only person reporting the exact same fault in a different mode.

Kinda related: ACC is worthless on a multi lane freeway IMO, as it gets you bogged down behind slowpokes. You gotta pass and merge with some level of aggressiveness and ACC prevents you from doing that. Standard CC is the way to go on a freeway. ACC is useable on two lane roads without good passing spots because then you can just tuck in behind Grandma and go exactly her speed until such time as you can pass her.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I didn't realize there was a "standard cruise control". How do you enable that?
Press and hold the Interval button for one second. Cruise mode selected appears on the driver information interface for two seconds, and then the mode switches to Cruise. The indicator comes on. • Green: The system is on. • White: The system is standby. To switch back to ACC, press and hold the Interval button again for one second.

-from page 560 of the owners manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife recently tested regular cruise control and this seems to be operating normaly which is a huge relief. As long as there is some form of cruise control we can live with waiting for the eventual software update for ACC. To be frank we will likely permanently use regular cruise anyway. Living with out ACC for someone who’s never had a vehicle with it is easier than living with no form of cruise control at all on long road trips.

For those are still running into issues on regular cruise control i would try to turn off all the “smart features”. This way you would at least have parity with your older vehicle until the fix is out.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback ST
220 Posts
With all these people reporting issue with ACC, I am wondering do you use it AT ALL and for how long?
I expect every car's component to work flawlessly particularly ACC which controls speed and other parameters while driving.
Imagine it breaks on highway when you do 100km because of some fly farted on windshield... Or slams into car ahead...
Use it everyday, to and from work. 36 miles or so. ACC.

·
Registered
1 Posts

20211004_130327.mp4

We are having the same issue! We just got the Honda Civic sport 2022 last week! We took it from Texas to Colorado to visit family and we have had to pull over twice to restart the car to get the cruise control to work again! It just turns off by itself and refuses to turn back on!

101 - 120 of 147 Posts