11th Gen Civic Forum banner
81 - 100 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yesterday leaving work it was SUPER foggy and my ACC shut off for "lack of visibility", but I was able to turn it right back on without issue but turned it off, and later was testing the lane assist (self steering?) feature and it worked fine until I hit heavy fog with no visibility, same thing it shut off for safety but came back on after. I think my sport touring hatchback is working as intended currently with 980 miles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys, just got my Civic a couple of months ago. It is an LX, so just base model. At any rate, I have been having some issues with the cruise control recently that I wanted to see if anyone else has come across yet. It happened to me today for the second time since I got the car. In both occurrences, I was just cruising at 75 on the freeway with nobody in front of me,. I was driving and for no reason the car cancelled cruise control on its own. No messages popped up except the symbol and "OFF" next to it, and I started slowing down. No different than turning it off manually or just pressing the brake pedal. I was not able to turn it back on again. When I would try to resume or set the speed again, I would get an error sound and the same message "OFF" next to the cruise symbol. Nothing else. It was dark out, and the humidity was high so I thought something might have just gotten on the front camera. I pulled over and found that it was clean, so got back in the car and it worked again, no other issues. That was about a month ago. Today, was again at 75 with no cars in front of me, good and clearly marked road, in broad daylight. Car canceled cruise for no reason again in the same way it did before. Could not re-engage, got same error sound and "OFF" message. This time I knew for sure there was nothing on the camera. I pulled over, put the car in park, then put it back in drive and started driving again. I could set the cruise control again and it worked for the rest of the drive. Another important thing to add is that I had the lane keep assist active on both occasions, and it never stopped working at all, still kept the lane without issue. I took a very short video when it happened again today, see the link:

20211004_130327.mp4

I spoke to someone on the phone from the Honda Customer Care hotline just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. We went through the owner's manual together and agreed that it said nothing about this type of situation, and that it should never just cancel and refuse to re-engage until the vehicle is bought to a complete stop and put in park. He said that I should make an appointment to have it looked at. One thing that I have NOT tried is switching over to normal cruise control mode via holding the interval button when this whole thing is happening.

Called local dealer, they want $145 just to look at it. It has 3k miles and it is a leased vehicle, so I'm not really sure why I have to pay. I actually don't know if this is the norm or not as this is the first brand new vehicle that I have leased from any dealership, so on a side note I would like to hear your opinions on that too.

Just looking to see if anyone has had a similar issue and could provide some guidance.
I have a 2022 Civic Sport 2.0, having the same issue with the cruise control randomly shutting off while driving. Only way to get it to work again is pull off the interstate, shut the car off, restart it. This has happened at least 25 times now to me. Dealer can’t get it to act up when they reat drive it. I’ve called American Honda. They have opened a case on my car and provided me with a case number and a case manager. I encourage anyone having the same cruise control issue to call American Honda and have them open a case for your car. As of November 17th, 2021, American Honda Customer Care coild not provide me with a solution. They told me they are looking into the issue, but they need more owners to let them know they are having the same issue as well so they can escalate the investigation into finding a solution. Come on Honda, you can do better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not trying to defend Honda here or their actions but moving to Toyota won't provide you much relief as they have their own issues. Has the dealership hooked the car up to HDS so see if any codes were stored? The dealership would have to drive the car until the issue acted up for them and then start a diagnostic and most likely have to get Honda Tech Line involved to see what all is going on with the vehicle. We are slowly getting new Civic's on our lot currently and so far there are no TSB's or recalls listed for this vehicle as it pertains to that issue. I haven't noticed this issue on my hatchback but I also haven't driven it enough to get it to act up. Honda is pro-active on these types of issues so I think once more complaints are logged they will really start looking into the issue. I know it sucks not being able to use the features you paid for but I know Honda will make it right. We just have to get more cars logged with the issue before they really start looking into it. You can also take it to another dealership if you aren't satisfied with what they are saying.
Yes the dealership did scan the car, no codes found. Yes the dealership contacted American Honda’s advanced troubleshooting team. Honda DOES NOT, currently have a solution. I currently have an open case file that is being investigated by Honda’s customer care team. I have spoken directly with two Honda corporate customer care managers and explained in great detail when, how, and under what conditions the cruise control randomly shuts off and can not be reengaged. My dealership even sent Honda corporate technicians the videos I have taken showing the dash gauges, me trying to set the cruise control again after it randomly shuts off, my speed, and road conditions. There is no commonality in any of the instances. Honda corporate tech’s are just as confused as the dealership tech’s. HONDA DOES NOT HAVE A SOLUTION YET.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try it without ACC, let it happened again then inform the service manager and wait for his new answer. I'm afraid this is going to be a long grind with Honda to resolve this.
My 2022 Civic Sport 2.0 randomly shuts the cruise control off with and without the ACC ON or OFF. I have taken the car to the dealership, no codes found, no solution, continues to still randomly shut off. I have an open case file and case number, directly from American Honda Customer Care team. They currently DO NOT have a solution. The issue IS NOT customer related. This issue is too well documented by other 2022 Civic owners to be customer wrong doing or not doing some process correctly. From a direct conversation I have had with my case manager from Honda’s corporate customer care team, he stated “We need more owners and dealerships to report this problem so we can escalate the issue and expedite a solution”. So, i hope anyone who is experiencing the cruise control shutting off issue will contact American Honda Customer Care at 800-999-1009, and have them open a case on your behalf and make sure they provide you with a case number. Then expect a call from the assigned case manager to go over the issue so they can document what is happening to your Honda Civic. If we all report this to American Honda, they might be encouraged to solve the issue quickly and with a viable solution. If they don’t know there is a problem out there, they won’t know to find a solution.

·
Registered
6 Posts
im

It has to be an issue with the camera system. I wanted to share that it happens to me in the exact same spot on the same highway every time I go by this one particular sign in my 2022 Sport model. The camera is seeing something that screws it up. There should be a recall for this.
I agree!!! Honda needs to get this Cruise Control issue fixed ASAP!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Many service departments are now charging to look at cars under warranty. They do this to prevent paranoid/ocd owners from wasting the service advisor/technicians time. For example, someone may make a complaint bc they have a few screws loose in their head and there’s nothing wrong with the vehicle in the first place. After you paid your $145 and the dealer was able to confirm your issue, the money is refunded to you and warranty will cover your work. They do not keep the $145 unless the owner has a few screws loose and makes a complaint that isn’t ordinary. A rather odd cruise control issue where there is no TSB atm is once of those complaints, not saying you do not have a issue.
There are too many of us describing this exact issue for it to NOT be a Honda issue. Honda corporate needs to send out a bulletin to ALL Honda dealership service departments to NOT charge any 2022 owner that brings their car in that “customer states cruise control randomly shuts off and can not be reset or reengaged”. Come on Honda…. You can do better

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have a 2022 civic touring and have been having this same issue for the last month or two. One thing I noticed was i can get the cruise control to reset if I come to a stop and the engine turns off with the auto stop start. I don’t have to hit the button and turn off all of the electronics, the engine can just stop for a second (like at a stop sign) and turn right back on and the cruise is available. Have an appointment with Honda this, doubting it will be fruitful but at least it’s a start.

Also another annoyance with cruise is the obscenely far follow distance. Setting the car to lowest distance and 3-4 car lengths are left between you and the car in front of you so seems like you’re always getting cut off which in turn makes the car brake to get that same long distance from the new car.
This was my observation exactly! "cruise control resets if I come to a stop and the engine turns off with auto stop start"

I was driving home in my '22 Civic Touring Sedan from work under a clear night sky at around 7:30PM PST. No fog, rain, or any other elements that would hinder the functionality of the camera; just a clear night sky when suddenly my cruise control disengages after just 20 minutes of driving. Trying to re-engage (set at 80mph), I kept hearing the error chime - "beep beep beep" and nothing on the dash suggested a system shutdown / failure. I scrolled through the dashboard menu using the steering wheel controls trying to find an error message on why the cruise control just disengaged on its own. Could not find anything of course :D but my commute is an hour one-way so I had plenty of tries to re-engage the cruise control throughout. Hearing that same error chime at least a dozen times, I ended up leaving it alone until I stopped at a stop sign. Auto Stop Start did its job and I attempted to re-engage cruise control under 25mph. Cruise control was working again like the problem never existed and it even set itself to 25mph. I was able to increment and decrement the cruise control speed with no issue!

Anyways, I'm taking my car to my local dealership later today, so that it starts a paper trail. I should have recorded my discovery, but I will be calling American Honda Customer Care to open a case and sharing my concern. This car isn't even 6 months old yet >:/

·
Registered
1 Posts
2022 Civic ST Hatch Manual

Unfortunately this problem is also occurring with my hatch with 700 miles.

I always adaptive cruise on my daily commute and this started occurring a few days ago driving home from work. It’s happened 3 days in a row now during my commute home at night but it has never happened during the day. I am able to reset it ~15 minutes later and it functions normally.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback
25 Posts
This hasn't happened on my hatch yet but I also haven't taken it a long distance to use the cruise long enough. I have gotten multiple warnings on my dashboard for clearing the windshield even when conditions outside aren't bad and the camera is clean. Yesterday morning it popped on as I started the car and it went off about 30 seconds going down the road and then it came back on and stayed on for a few minutes and then cleared itself up. Not sure what's going on here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got back from my local dealership and as expected there weren’t any codes or messages that they could see from their scan. They did a road test and “Cruise control is functioning and works as expected.” Service Rep’s diagnosis was that because the camera is constantly rendering / scanning the road, it may have picked up something it did not like and as a precaution ACC turned off and couldn’t be turned on again until the engine restarted and a system reset was done.

Not the answer I was looking for, but next step is to call American Honda and open a case. This was only my first incident, but I will definitely keep a close eye on it. More updates to come!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my 2021 Civic EX since April and although I've never had my ACC shut off on me, it will randomly stab the brakes or wait until I'm much too close to the car in front then brake hard. It's actually been bad enough where people behind me have flipped me off because they think I'm giving them a brake check. Also, the auto high beams are useless and I've disabled them, they seem to operate almost randomly. I've mentioned this to the dealer at my first oil change and they said that they "reset" the system and it will be fine, except it did it on my way home. They want to have a technician go for a ride with me to see it happen firsthand... I think we know how that will go.
At this point, I feel like I've been robbed. I bought the car because it was great to drive AND it had these features like more expensive cars. My previous 2017 Forester had the Subaru EyeSight and it was superior in all ways to the Honda, and it's nearly 5 years old. My wife just bought a VW Taos and the iQ Drive on the VW is almost imperceptible when in ACC mode.
I can't express how disappointed I am in this car, I want to love it, but I can't. I'm actually going to a dealership to try and trade it in tomorrow.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I looked in the manual and could find no option to engage cruise control without ACC.
Look at page 513:

To Switch ACC with Low Speed Follow to Cruise Control

Press and hold the Interval button for one second. Cruise mode selected appears on the driver information interface for two
seconds, and then the mode switches to Cruise.
The indicator comes on.
• Green: The system is on.
• White: The system is standby.
To switch back to ACC with Low Speed Follow, press and hold the Interval button again for one second.

SO DISAPPOINTING!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, just bought a 2022 sport touring hatch, drove it off the lot yesterday. I'm a heavy user of ACC and bought the car with that being one of the key features. I'm sad to say today it happened to me twice on a 3 hour drive. The first time it happened the typical thing happened, it wouldn't turn back on and there were beeps. But then, without stopping or turning off the vehicle, I was able to turn it back on about 10 or 15 minutes later down the road. Then, an hour after that with the cruise working fine, it happened again. I went down an exit ramp and came to a stop, the auto-stop feature cut in, and when I lifted the brake and drove, I was able to turn the ACC back on again.

I'll note that I also own a 2017 CRV EX, and that vehicle had issues with all safety features, including ACC, turning off randomly with a big flair of warnings. I could reset it by turning off the car and then turning it back on again after a couple minutes. This year, I took the CRV in for an unrelated recall, and told them it happened once in a while, and asked if there was a software update. Voila, there was (and I never received a notification about it before), and the update fixed the issue.

Anyways, this is all to say that I suspect we'll have to suffer with this until enough complaints come in for Honda to either push a software update or do a recall for whatever is faulty. Given the number of complaints already, I suspect this could happen within a year. This is after all early days of a model redesign, and I bought the car knowing that. I love it otherwise!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 22 sport touring hatch with 2000 miles and this issue has happened to me once early on, had to turn off the car and start it up again. Pretty upsetting that this is my first new car and this is happening

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2022 Civic Sport 2.0, having the same issue with the cruise control randomly shutting off while driving. Only way to get it to work again is pull off the interstate, shut the car off, restart it. This has happened at least 25 times now to me. Dealer can’t get it to act up when they reat drive it. I’ve called American Honda. They have opened a case on my car and provided me with a case number and a case manager. I encourage anyone having the same cruise control issue to call American Honda and have them open a case for your car. As of November 17th, 2021, American Honda Customer Care coild not provide me with a solution. They told me they are looking into the issue, but they need more owners to let them know they are having the same issue as well so they can escalate the investigation into finding a solution. Come on Honda, you can do better.
------------------------------------ I am having the same issue. 2022 Honda Civic Grand Touring just picked up from new the dealership. Has happened twice now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, just bought a 2022 sport touring hatch, drove it off the lot yesterday. I'm a heavy user of ACC and bought the car with that being one of the key features. I'm sad to say today it happened to me twice on a 3 hour drive. The first time it happened the typical thing happened, it wouldn't turn back on and there were beeps. But then, without stopping or turning off the vehicle, I was able to turn it back on about 10 or 15 minutes later down the road. Then, an hour after that with the cruise working fine, it happened again. I went down an exit ramp and came to a stop, the auto-stop feature cut in, and when I lifted the brake and drove, I was able to turn the ACC back on again.

I'll note that I also own a 2017 CRV EX, and that vehicle had issues with all safety features, including ACC, turning off randomly with a big flair of warnings. I could reset it by turning off the car and then turning it back on again after a couple minutes. This year, I took the CRV in for an unrelated recall, and told them it happened once in a while, and asked if there was a software update. Voila, there was (and I never received a notification about it before), and the update fixed the issue.

Anyways, this is all to say that I suspect we'll have to suffer with this until enough complaints come in for Honda to either push a software update or do a recall for whatever is faulty. Given the number of complaints already, I suspect this could happen within a year. This is after all early days of a model redesign, and I bought the car knowing that. I love it otherwise!
I will be calling Honda myself tommarow. Seems like enough people are having the same issue so yes Honda will need to figure it out as I just bought this and spent 30K on a Civic lol

81 - 100 of 147 Posts