11th Gen Civic Forum banner
61 - 80 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback ST
220 Posts
I've read through this whole thread and it looks like its only affecting the Sedan at the moment right? I have not noticed this happen in my Hatch yet but I have yet to really get out a drive it a bunch.

I know first gen cars always tend to have more issues, so it'll be interesting if this is fixed/not present in the Hatch.
The hatchbacks are also built in a different facility, I believe?

·
Registered
49 Posts
The hatchbacks are also built in a different facility, I believe?
Correct-Greensburg, IN vs sedans (and CR-V's) in Alliston, ON Canada. You make a good point-we don't know yet if it's a build problem, part problem or software problem. If hatchbacks also have the issue, attention will turn to parts and software.
Since this problem is more of an annoyance than a safety issue, it's not going to be high on Honda's priority list. If the cruise turned ON randomly, it would be very different. It's important that anyone who experiences this report it to your dealer AND at this point might as well report it via Twitter https://twitter.com/HondaCustSvc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Found this thread on a Google search because I'm having the same issue. Got my 2022 civic sport yesterday and the cruise has shut off twice already, and was unable to turn it back on. The one thing I noticed was that it was at the same spot both times. Once on my way somewhere today and the same spot on the way back, after about 30 minutes driving. At the same spot, the car thought the speed limit dropped to 30, even though I was going 70mph on open highway (no construction zones or anything). Not sure if that helps anyone diagnose anything, but wanted to put it out there. It's extremely frustrating, but I'll probably call the dealer this week.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Found this thread on a Google search because I'm having the same issue. Got my 2022 civic sport yesterday and the cruise has shut off twice already, and was unable to turn it back on. The one thing I noticed was that it was at the same spot both times. Once on my way somewhere today and the same spot on the way back, after about 30 minutes driving. At the same spot, the car thought the speed limit dropped to 30, even though I was going 70mph on open highway (no construction zones or anything). Not sure if that helps anyone diagnose anything, but wanted to put it out there. It's extremely frustrating, but I'll probably call the dealer this week.
I've noticed this random wrong speed limit thing too. Can't say it has caused my CC to disengage yet, but it's a decent theory.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have 6k miles on my Civic LX and the cruise disables frequently. It will not go on without turning the vehicle off, which is not an option on a long highway commute. It happens day, night and randomly with no obstructions, electronics, ipass or other excuses. Of course dealer said cannot find anything wrong. It seems to happen after at least 30 minutes of driving. Twice it has flashed the brake light on the dash and slowed considerably. I bought a Honda for brand that will give me minimal problems for many miles. What a joke this is so far. I should have kept my chevy with 130k miles on with a working cruise.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have 6k miles on my Civic LX and the cruise disables frequently. It will not go on without turning the vehicle off, which is not an option on a long highway commute. What a joke this is so far. I should have kept my chevy with 130k miles on with a working cruise.
This is not an option on any kind of drive/commute! I use cruise everywhere.
I was dreaming of new Civic with ACC but now I love it less and less.
Did you try 'plain' cruise control which just keeps speed no matter what? It does not use camera and does not 'follow' car ahead. See in manual how to engage it. If that misbehaves too, then this car is pure CRAP.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback
25 Posts
Several mornings now I've started my hatchback and I've been greeted with "Some systems cannot operate; clean windshield" even though the glass is clean and nothing is obstructing the view of the camera. I keep checking for TSB or any updates and none so far. I'll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Several mornings now I've started my hatchback and I've been greeted with "Some systems cannot operate; clean windshield" even though the glass is clean and nothing is obstructing the view of the camera. I keep checking for TSB or any updates and none so far. I'll keep you all posted.
This is actually normal, as the camera for this system is in your windshield above your windshield wipers. I usually hit my wipers twice to clear most the water off, then turn on the defrost and this error goes away within a few minutes of my windshield fully defogging.

Thats why you are only seeing it on cold early wet/foggy mornings.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is actually normal, as the camera for this system is in your windshield above your windshield wipers. I usually hit my wipers twice to clear most the water off, then turn on the defrost and this error goes away within a few minutes of my windshield fully defogging.

Thats why you are only seeing it on cold early wet/foggy mornings.
The only reason I think it might be an issue is that none of my Accord's or the CR-V ever did that. I know this is Honda's newest Sensing system so maybe they made some slight changes but I've never seen these messages on any of my customers car here at the dealership. I'll keep an eye out and see if anybody else has this complaint. Once you drive it a block or so the light goes off and I can use my ACC functions again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you try 'plain' cruise control which just keeps speed no matter what? It does not use camera and does not 'follow' car ahead. See in manual how to engage it. If that misbehaves too, then this car is pure CRAP.
Bad news for you Dude. I tried both 'Plain' CC and Adaptive CC...same result. Pure Crap I guess,

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is important information. The linking of the cruise failure and the adaptive high beams is a clue on the pathway the signal is traveling and eliminating the variable of adaptive cruise being on/off is another clue.
I work for a company that is involved in integrating an intelligent traffic management system for a good sized city. I'm not working on that project (I'm not that smart) and not allowed to say where and what, but among other things we do is integrate the traffic assist equipment in their electric architecture. Unfortunately we don't install anything on Honda's (they do it themselves) but we do other Asian manufactures and they do tend to use similar signal systems. I'll start asking around and see if anyone at work has an idea of where to start looking. Since the 2022 is a new model and we don't work on them, I'm not hopeful but its worth a shot.
I also do not use adaptive cruise control and to your initial reply to my post, i 100% believe it is becuase they dont have loaners and dont want to pay a 3rd party and would rather put it off on the dealership that I leased my car from. However, when i called the dealership that I leased my car from and told them what was going on, who to speak to at the other honda dealership and what they told me about what they think is going to have to happen (i.e., taking my car for a week and completely tearing it apart to find the issue or give me a new car (which is unlikely) if they cant figure it out). I spoke with the Acting Service Manager there who told me that they dont do loaners or provide rentals. I was pushing back a lot and explaining that this is a huge issue considering it happens out of nowhere while i am driving and is a safety issue, and my car is brand new that I've leased from them. He continued to tell me the same thing and he told me i would have to call Honda Customer Service. I called Honda Customer Service, got a case # and was told I would be contacted by a case manager and that I should call Roadside Assistance who would set up a loaner or rental.

I did this the other day and Customer Service told me they don't do that. So now I am going in circles with Honda.

Immediately after I called Customer Service and told them all of this. The lady on the phone said they dont do loaners or rentals under the warranty. However, I told her I already brought it to a dealership twice who had it for three days total, that they cannot figure out how to fix it and that I would need to leave it at the other dealership for a week, that this happens frequently, and that it is a huge safety issue to have this happen on a brand new car. After I brought up that it is a safety issue, she immediately said she is going to contact someone higher, put it on my case managers notes and mark it as high priority.

It happened yesterday and today again so I am probably going to call Customer Service back again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, just got my Civic a couple of months ago. It is an LX, so just base model. At any rate, I have been having some issues with the cruise control recently that I wanted to see if anyone else has come across yet. It happened to me today for the second time since I got the car. In both occurrences, I was just cruising at 75 on the freeway with nobody in front of me,. I was driving and for no reason the car cancelled cruise control on its own. No messages popped up except the symbol and "OFF" next to it, and I started slowing down. No different than turning it off manually or just pressing the brake pedal. I was not able to turn it back on again. When I would try to resume or set the speed again, I would get an error sound and the same message "OFF" next to the cruise symbol. Nothing else. It was dark out, and the humidity was high so I thought something might have just gotten on the front camera. I pulled over and found that it was clean, so got back in the car and it worked again, no other issues. That was about a month ago. Today, was again at 75 with no cars in front of me, good and clearly marked road, in broad daylight. Car canceled cruise for no reason again in the same way it did before. Could not re-engage, got same error sound and "OFF" message. This time I knew for sure there was nothing on the camera. I pulled over, put the car in park, then put it back in drive and started driving again. I could set the cruise control again and it worked for the rest of the drive. Another important thing to add is that I had the lane keep assist active on both occasions, and it never stopped working at all, still kept the lane without issue. I took a very short video when it happened again today, see the link:

20211004_130327.mp4

I spoke to someone on the phone from the Honda Customer Care hotline just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. We went through the owner's manual together and agreed that it said nothing about this type of situation, and that it should never just cancel and refuse to re-engage until the vehicle is bought to a complete stop and put in park. He said that I should make an appointment to have it looked at. One thing that I have NOT tried is switching over to normal cruise control mode via holding the interval button when this whole thing is happening.

Called local dealer, they want $145 just to look at it. It has 3k miles and it is a leased vehicle, so I'm not really sure why I have to pay. I actually don't know if this is the norm or not as this is the first brand new vehicle that I have leased from any dealership, so on a side note I would like to hear your opinions on that too.

Just looking to see if anyone has had a similar issue and could provide some guidance.
I've had this same issue. Just happend again today. But I've noticed that I can renegage cruise after I come to a stop and the engine shuts off due to the idle stop then when I go again I can re-engage it. Taking it to the shop next Tuesday.see what they say.

·
Registered
25 Posts
As a service advisor at a Honda dealership I have to admit it's very tough on these brand new cars to be having issues with little to no documentation from Honda on it. So far I haven't seen any messages pertaining to cruise control issues on these cars and haven't had any customers tell me about issues with the cars. I am keeping an eye out on my Honda site to see if any updates do come this way.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I looked in the manual and could find no option to engage cruise control without ACC.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys, just got my Civic a couple of months ago. It is an LX, so just base model. At any rate, I have been having some issues with the cruise control recently that I wanted to see if anyone else has come across yet. It happened to me today for the second time since I got the car. In both occurrences, I was just cruising at 75 on the freeway with nobody in front of me,. I was driving and for no reason the car cancelled cruise control on its own. No messages popped up except the symbol and "OFF" next to it, and I started slowing down. No different than turning it off manually or just pressing the brake pedal. I was not able to turn it back on again. When I would try to resume or set the speed again, I would get an error sound and the same message "OFF" next to the cruise symbol. Nothing else. It was dark out, and the humidity was high so I thought something might have just gotten on the front camera. I pulled over and found that it was clean, so got back in the car and it worked again, no other issues. That was about a month ago. Today, was again at 75 with no cars in front of me, good and clearly marked road, in broad daylight. Car canceled cruise for no reason again in the same way it did before. Could not re-engage, got same error sound and "OFF" message. This time I knew for sure there was nothing on the camera. I pulled over, put the car in park, then put it back in drive and started driving again. I could set the cruise control again and it worked for the rest of the drive. Another important thing to add is that I had the lane keep assist active on both occasions, and it never stopped working at all, still kept the lane without issue. I took a very short video when it happened again today, see the link:

20211004_130327.mp4

I spoke to someone on the phone from the Honda Customer Care hotline just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. We went through the owner's manual together and agreed that it said nothing about this type of situation, and that it should never just cancel and refuse to re-engage until the vehicle is bought to a complete stop and put in park. He said that I should make an appointment to have it looked at. One thing that I have NOT tried is switching over to normal cruise control mode via holding the interval button when this whole thing is happening.

Called local dealer, they want $145 just to look at it. It has 3k miles and it is a leased vehicle, so I'm not really sure why I have to pay. I actually don't know if this is the norm or not as this is the first brand new vehicle that I have leased from any dealership, so on a side note I would like to hear your opinions on that too.

Just looking to see if anyone has had a similar issue and could provide some guidance.
I have the exact problem on my brand new 2022 Civic Sport. My cruise control shuts off almost daily since the car was purchased off the dealer lot in June of 2021. Dealer won't do anything because they say they can't get it to act up for them when they test drive it. I have called American Honda Corp. on several occasions. They are aware of the issue but have no solution. I am very disappointed in Honda at this point. This is my 8th new Honda in the last 20 years. Not what I would expect from a new car. Lemon law won't help until the dealership can replicate the issue. They say it is my word against theirs, even though I have provided them with multiple videos of me being unable to reset the cruise control unless I pull off the side of the road, shut the car off, restart it. Pure anger at this point. Sorry Honda, I have bought my last Honda. Switching to Toyota next time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the exact problem on my brand new 2022 Civic Sport. My cruise control shuts off almost daily since the car was purchased off the dealer lot in June of 2021. Dealer won't do anything because they say they can't get it to act up for them when they test drive it. I have called American Honda Corp. on several occasions. They are aware of the issue but have no solution. I am very disappointed in Honda at this point. This is my 8th new Honda in the last 20 years. Not what I would expect from a new car. Lemon law won't help until the dealership can replicate the issue. They say it is my word against theirs, even though I have provided them with multiple videos of me being unable to reset the cruise control unless I pull off the side of the road, shut the car off, restart it. Pure anger at this point. Sorry Honda, I have bought my last Honda. Switching to Toyota next time.
Not trying to defend Honda here or their actions but moving to Toyota won't provide you much relief as they have their own issues. Has the dealership hooked the car up to HDS so see if any codes were stored? The dealership would have to drive the car until the issue acted up for them and then start a diagnostic and most likely have to get Honda Tech Line involved to see what all is going on with the vehicle. We are slowly getting new Civic's on our lot currently and so far there are no TSB's or recalls listed for this vehicle as it pertains to that issue. I haven't noticed this issue on my hatchback but I also haven't driven it enough to get it to act up. Honda is pro-active on these types of issues so I think once more complaints are logged they will really start looking into the issue. I know it sucks not being able to use the features you paid for but I know Honda will make it right. We just have to get more cars logged with the issue before they really start looking into it. You can also take it to another dealership if you aren't satisfied with what they are saying.

61 - 80 of 147 Posts