11th Gen Civic Forum banner
261 - 280 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic ST Sonic Gray Pearl
138 Posts
Haven’t had any issues when using my Cruise control. Until today, suddenly when driving, cruise control not active, a message came about saying “Adaptive Cruise Control problem. See your dealer.” Made an appointment for Tuesday to have this looked at. Also getting the same message for the Collision Mitigation Braking System. 🤷🏻‍♂️😩🤦🏻‍♂️ Oh yeah i took delivery November 17 btw. SMFH
That's not the same problem that everyone else is having. When it stops working there is no message displayed. Just some beeps when you try to engage it.

·
Registered
2022 Rallye Red Civic LX
27 Posts
That's not the same problem that everyone else is having. When it stops working there is no message displayed. Just some beeps when you try to engage it.
Correct, was just explaining the issue the i personally am having with my cruise control. Considering the title has to do with cruise control issues it’s sort of related 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
138 Posts
Correct, was just explaining the issue the i personally am having with my cruise control. Considering the title has to do with cruise control issues it’s sort of related 🤷🏻‍♂️
Its all good I was just pointing it out so other guys don't get confused (y)

·
Registered
415 Posts
I drive 48 miles to work and another 48 miles to get home, can't even use my cruse control in a proper way. So annoying, I think my 2006 honda civic LX is better than my 2022 civic sport. joke 😂 haha never had a problem just change oil and tire rotate. but no to be honest I like my new civic I just don't like all these sensing too and always canceling my cruse control while in the freeway. If there is a way to permanently disabled this sensing I will do it too. I want my normal driving habit back. Hopefully Honda will fix this issue.
You can disable many features, but they may reset next time the car starts.

Despite this one issue I like the Honda sensing performance better than Subaru's eyesight which I have on other vehicles . At the end of the day I would rather have them than not , hopefully Honda gets this one issue figured out asap.

There is one lady in my region with a Hyundai, and her car rapidly braked from 120 km/hr down to 0 km/hr on one of the busiest highways in North America for no apparent reason. She was in the middle of a 12 lane highway. She claimed it happened at least three times for no apparent reason, and her dealer could not solve the issue. She wanted to give the car back to Hyundai as it was a safety risk and she felt like she was going to be killed each time it happened. She refused to drive the car after that. Technology can be great but it is far from perfect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve been monitoring this thread since the 10th day I bought my car. I have a 2022 Civic Sport (5K miles) and this issue happens, without fail, every time I have ACC active longer than 30 minutes. Honda told me they’re “unaware of this issue” back in November. But it seems like we’re gaining some traction on this issue.

Just learned how to deactivate ACC (thanks forums!) so I’ll try it on my road trip tomorrow with regular CC and see if the issue persists. I’m also reporting this to NHTSA.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport - meteorite gray
4 Posts
I’ve been monitoring this thread since the 10th day I bought my car. I have a 2022 Civic Sport (5K miles) and this issue happens, without fail, every time I have ACC active longer than 30 minutes. Honda told me they’re “unaware of this issue” back in November. But it seems like we’re gaining some traction on this issue.

Just learned how to deactivate ACC (thanks forums!) so I’ll try it on my road trip tomorrow with regular CC and see if the issue persists. I’m also reporting this to NHTSA.

I just reported mine today to NHTSA, and good luck on normal cruise control on your road trip tomorrow because mine is still acting the same ACC and the regular CC and if ever still doing the same, try to slow down below 40mph then you will able to use CC again. you just need to keep doing that way everytime it stops working.

·
Registered
67 Posts

Since you seem to be able to recreate the problem on a regular basis I have an experiment for you to try if you're interested. After about 20 minutes turn off the cruise control then turn it right back on again and see if it lasts another 20 minutes before it fails or fails in what would be the usual 30 minute time. If it works it could be a Band-Aid for the problem until Honda figures it out.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Has anyone taken a long trip with ACC and CC activated, say 4+ hours without it messing up ?
Yes.

I did almost 3000 miles road trip in November. There were a couple days when it went the entire day of driving without glitching. And there were other days when it turned off constantly all day.

I'm convinced its completely random and there is no pattern.

·
Registered
778 Posts

Welcome @IvanTheGr8est! Let us know if that changes anything.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yes.

I did almost 3000 miles road trip in November. There were a couple days when it went the entire day of driving without glitching. And there were other days when it turned off constantly all day.

I'm convinced its completely random and there is no pattern.
oh wow, that can certainly be confusing then. Thanks for the reply. Could it be radio waves, 5G networks, or reflections on the road ? Things not so obvious. I seen a news report about airlines being nervous about 5 G cel phone networks affecting their electronics.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's a camera based system so radio waves or 5G wouldn't be an issue. The FAA was worried about 5G because it's close to the spectrum that they already use and were worried about bleed through. Reflectors or a reflection that the camera picks up is a possible trigger though not every place in the country has reflectors in the road and this problem is Nationwide so it's not the reflectors per se but perhaps a reflection that they give off. There are several posts about a particular place in the road where they pick up a reflection off of a sign and that seems to trigger it. What nobody knows including Honda is the camera at fault, the software processing the signal at fault or the electronics (CAN-bus) getting overloaded and failing. That's why I suggested trying turning off the cruise every 20 minutes. If it stops failing it would lean toward the electronics problem because when you turn off the cruise control any stored signal information is dumped. Just like how you reset the system now by putting it in park.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I dont have to put it in park- I just need the engine start/ stop to cycle when I pull over and then cruise starts working after that every time 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
138 Posts
I don't have to put it in park or stop the car. Just keep driving. After 15 minutes or so it'll turn back on. Whenever it glitches, I just keep driving and try to set it every now and then until it works

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know exactly what you mean, almost like resetting the time it takes to fail. Sadly this didn’t work, I think it’s the overall amount of time the car is being driven (and it seems to be anywhere from 20-30 minutes consistently above 40-50 mph). However, I have an update on my initial post: I switched from ACC to CC and went a whole 300 miles no problems (only caught one light at the 190th mile which I came to a complete stop). I’m leaving it on regular CC for the time being and will continue to provide updates.

Unfortunately I’m a believer it occurs at random though. I filed my NHTSA report.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I know exactly what you mean, almost like resetting the time it takes to fail. Sadly this didn’t work, I think it’s the overall amount of time the car is being driven (and it seems to be anywhere from 20-30 minutes consistently above 40-50 mph). However, I have an update on my initial post: I switched from ACC to CC and went a whole 300 miles no problems (only caught one light at the 190th mile which I came to a complete stop). I’m leaving it on regular CC for the time being and will continue to provide updates.

Unfortunately I’m a believer it occurs at random though. I filed my NHTSA report.
Thank you for trying the experiment. I had some hope this would work given the problem. Although it's a N1, I think we can deduce that the car needs to be either placed in park or have the engine shut off via AutoStart to reset the error.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2022 Civic Si owner here. First time cruise canceled was at 580 miles on the 9th of this month. Then it happened again tonight at 966 miles. Won't turn back on until you restart the car.
Gauge Measuring instrument Auto part Circle Science

261 - 280 of 297 Posts