11th Gen Civic Forum banner
241 - 260 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Bought my Civic sport in late December. Cruise turned off on highway multiple times. Dropping it off to the dealer now and informed them of this forum and showed a recording I made. We’ll see what happens.
Shot in the dark here but see if they can check and make sure your camera and windshield are properly aligned.. a slightly incorrectly installed windshield can wreak havoc with a camera based system. If you reviewed the other posts in the forum nothing else has worked and Honda really doesn't have a fix so it's worth a try

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, just got my Civic a couple of months ago. It is an LX, so just base model. At any rate, I have been having some issues with the cruise control recently that I wanted to see if anyone else has come across yet. It happened to me today for the second time since I got the car. In both occurrences, I was just cruising at 75 on the freeway with nobody in front of me,. I was driving and for no reason the car cancelled cruise control on its own. No messages popped up except the symbol and "OFF" next to it, and I started slowing down. No different than turning it off manually or just pressing the brake pedal. I was not able to turn it back on again. When I would try to resume or set the speed again, I would get an error sound and the same message "OFF" next to the cruise symbol. Nothing else. It was dark out, and the humidity was high so I thought something might have just gotten on the front camera. I pulled over and found that it was clean, so got back in the car and it worked again, no other issues. That was about a month ago. Today, was again at 75 with no cars in front of me, good and clearly marked road, in broad daylight. Car canceled cruise for no reason again in the same way it did before. Could not re-engage, got same error sound and "OFF" message. This time I knew for sure there was nothing on the camera. I pulled over, put the car in park, then put it back in drive and started driving again. I could set the cruise control again and it worked for the rest of the drive. Another important thing to add is that I had the lane keep assist active on both occasions, and it never stopped working at all, still kept the lane without issue. I took a very short video when it happened again today, see the link:

20211004_130327.mp4

I spoke to someone on the phone from the Honda Customer Care hotline just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. We went through the owner's manual together and agreed that it said nothing about this type of situation, and that it should never just cancel and refuse to re-engage until the vehicle is bought to a complete stop and put in park. He said that I should make an appointment to have it looked at. One thing that I have NOT tried is switching over to normal cruise control mode via holding the interval button when this whole thing is happening.

Called local dealer, they want $145 just to look at it. It has 3k miles and it is a leased vehicle, so I'm not really sure why I have to pay. I actually don't know if this is the norm or not as this is the first brand new vehicle that I have leased from any dealership, so on a side note I would like to hear your opinions on that too.

Just looking to see if anyone has had a similar issue and could provide some guidance.
I’m having the same problem with my 2022 Honda Civic ex. About to make an appointment to find out what’s wrong. I won’t leave the place until it’s fixed. I bought the car in November brand new off the lot with 100 miles, due to test driving. But this issue has been ongoing since I bought it. They better fix it because I bought the extended warranty. They better not come back and tell me nothings wrong. Because it’s been wrong.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I’m having the same problem with my 2022 Honda Civic ex. About to make an appointment to find out what’s wrong. I won’t leave the place until it’s fixed. I bought the car in November brand new off the lot with 100 miles, due to test driving. But this issue has been ongoing since I bought it. They better fix it because I bought the extended warranty. They better not come back and tell me nothings wrong. Because it’s been wrong.
[/QUOTE
Check out post #229. There is no fix yet. If your hell bent on having the dealer do something, have them try my suggestion in post #241. No one has tried that yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
One more here guys, my Hatchback Sport had this issue since my first commute to work, meaning with 0 miles on it. System will turn off in about 20-25 minutes down the road. Only a complete stop will allow me to reactivate it. Worth noticing that the camera system stops posting the speed signs in the dashboard too. I am also very much annoyed by the overwhelmingly large distance of the ACC from the car in front of me on the lowest setting. I have a 2018 Accord that sometimes gives up on the ACC when I keep pushing the gas pedal for a while, shortening the distance between me and the car in front of me. But the Accord tells me (gives me a warning) that the ACC has an issue and I must see the dealership, although rebooting the car resets the problem as if nothing happened.
I wonder if this new civic ACC issue is on purpose and has to do with the speed limits… given that Honda is already trying to discipline the drivers by substantially increasing the distance from the car in front of it…

·
Registered
119 Posts
About to make an appointment to find out what’s wrong. I won’t leave the place until it’s fixed.
Bring your phone charger, clean underwear, and some snacks cause you ain't gonna be home for a while

Reactions: OsidePunker

·
Registered
10 Posts
One more here guys, my Hatchback Sport had this issue since my first commute to work, meaning with 0 miles on it. System will turn off in about 20-25 minutes down the road. Only a complete stop will allow me to reactivate it. Worth noticing that the camera system stops posting the speed signs in the dashboard too. I am also very much annoyed by the overwhelmingly large distance of the ACC from the car in front of me on the lowest setting. I have a 2018 Accord that sometimes gives up on the ACC when I keep pushing the gas pedal for a while, shortening the distance between me and the car in front of me. But the Accord tells me (gives me a warning) that the ACC has an issue and I must see the dealership, although rebooting the car resets the problem as if nothing happened.
I wonder if this new civic ACC issue is on purpose and has to do with the speed limits… given that Honda is already trying to discipline the drivers by substantially increasing the distance from the car in front of it…
Dude. that is a very interesting thought. If they are doing that (not to say they are) it would mean collecting data for whatever/whoever . UGH !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Shot in the dark here but see if they can check and make sure your camera and windshield are properly aligned.. a slightly incorrectly installed windshield can wreak havoc with a camera based system. If you reviewed the other posts in the forum nothing else has worked and Honda really doesn't have a fix so it's worth a try
You make a good point. If that is the case then that windshield/camera alignment spec would be really tight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, just got my Civic a couple of months ago. It is an LX, so just base model. At any rate, I have been having some issues with the cruise control recently that I wanted to see if anyone else has come across yet. It happened to me today for the second time since I got the car. In both occurrences, I was just cruising at 75 on the freeway with nobody in front of me,. I was driving and for no reason the car cancelled cruise control on its own. No messages popped up except the symbol and "OFF" next to it, and I started slowing down. No different than turning it off manually or just pressing the brake pedal. I was not able to turn it back on again. When I would try to resume or set the speed again, I would get an error sound and the same message "OFF" next to the cruise symbol. Nothing else. It was dark out, and the humidity was high so I thought something might have just gotten on the front camera. I pulled over and found that it was clean, so got back in the car and it worked again, no other issues. That was about a month ago. Today, was again at 75 with no cars in front of me, good and clearly marked road, in broad daylight. Car canceled cruise for no reason again in the same way it did before. Could not re-engage, got same error sound and "OFF" message. This time I knew for sure there was nothing on the camera. I pulled over, put the car in park, then put it back in drive and started driving again. I could set the cruise control again and it worked for the rest of the drive. Another important thing to add is that I had the lane keep assist active on both occasions, and it never stopped working at all, still kept the lane without issue. I took a very short video when it happened again today, see the link:

20211004_130327.mp4

I spoke to someone on the phone from the Honda Customer Care hotline just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. We went through the owner's manual together and agreed that it said nothing about this type of situation, and that it should never just cancel and refuse to re-engage until the vehicle is bought to a complete stop and put in park. He said that I should make an appointment to have it looked at. One thing that I have NOT tried is switching over to normal cruise control mode via holding the interval button when this whole thing is happening.

Called local dealer, they want $145 just to look at it. It has 3k miles and it is a leased vehicle, so I'm not really sure why I have to pay. I actually don't know if this is the norm or not as this is the first brand new vehicle that I have leased from any dealership, so on a side note I would like to hear your opinions on that too.

Just looking to see if anyone has had a similar issue and could provide some guidance.
Hey i just bought the 22 Civic hatchback and i have the same issue

20211004_130327.mp4

I'm having the same issue i it disengage for not reason then i can't set it back again until I come to i full stop then it works again. Everytime ihas done it to me have been in the mornings at around 5am when I go to work. When it disengage there's no massages of any kind i tried to use the normal Cruse control but it doesn't work either it only Beebs 3 times and does not engage

·
Registered
3 Posts
You make a good point. If that is the case then that windshield/camera alignment spec would be really tight.
Since you have a repeatable event (unlike others who have posted) you should record the event and present the findings to your dealer and Honda. They can't issue a recall if they don't know a problem exists. Oh yeah, post the video here too.
Just guessing, but I suspect some sort of software/code issue between the camera and the Honda Sensing is causing the shutdown.
My does the exact same thing, and it starts working again after I come to a full stop.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dudes and dudettes! I've been creeping this forum for a while. I have a 22 Hatch EX-L that has been doing this also with ACC randomly shutting off out of nowhere during my drive. Decided to create an account and share my new experience yesterday. I was driving on the highway and went to SET ACC. Wouldn't even turn on and I received the 3 beeps of death in response instead. In both scenarios, I don't have to pull over and shut off the car or place the transmission into park. I only had to let the engine start/stop do its' cycle once I came to a stop off the highway and then once back on the highway ACC worked again. This is indeed very odd folks.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have my speed warning set at 15+ over the limit, but I never detect any such warning no matter how much over I go ?. I have not had any cruise control issues yet, but my longest drive has been 15 minutes or less with cruise control on. I don't have any issue with vehicle distance on ACC and I keep mine set at the midway point. It seems fine to me.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport - meteorite gray
4 Posts
I been looking for you guys for a long time, I thought I was the only one having this issue I have 2022 Honda Civic sports doing the same thing and I am so annoyed about my cruise control it always cancels even if I drive slow or fast. I dont know what do.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I dont know what do.
Notify dealer so it can be documented

Call Honda NA so it can be documented

Report it to the NHTSA at the link I posted pages back

Wait

Reactions: HadAFit

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport - meteorite gray
4 Posts
I drive 48 miles to work and another 48 miles to get home, can't even use my cruse control in a proper way. So annoying, I think my 2006 honda civic LX is better than my 2022 civic sport. joke 😂 haha never had a problem just change oil and tire rotate. but no to be honest I like my new civic I just don't like all these sensing too and always canceling my cruse control while in the freeway. If there is a way to permanently disabled this sensing I will do it too. I want my normal driving habit back. Hopefully Honda will fix this issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I drive 48 miles to work and another 48 miles to get home, can't even use my cruse control in a proper way. So annoying, I think my 2006 honda civic LX is better than my 2022 civic sport. joke 😂 haha never had a problem just change oil and tire rotate. but no to be honest I like my new civic I just don't like all these sensing too and always canceling my cruse control while in the freeway. If there is a way to permanently disabled this sensing I will do it too. I want my normal driving habit back. Hopefully Honda will fix this issue.
In order to disable ACC, just push the distance button and hold it for two seconds. Now you'll have standar CC. BUT I think it will glitch too, not sure...

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic ST Sonic Gray Pearl
138 Posts
In order to disable ACC, just push the distance button and hold it for two seconds. Now you'll have standar CC. BUT I think it will glitch too, not sure...
It'll glitch. I've had it stop working in both modes

·
Registered
3 Posts
Made some progress with Honda to day and got an admission that they are aware of the issue. I had to use the "S-" word to get them to understand, you know...... Safety. I told them it was unsafe to drive in this condition. So here's what they said.

Thank you for your patience as I just came back to work today from quarantine. I spoke to the Honda rep and engineering is aware of the condition and is looking into it for a potential software update, but do not have a timeframe or release as of yet. He also mentioned that the update may be "over the air" to save you a trip to the dealership, but is not 100% sure. As soon as I hear something from Honda engineers or the rep, I will let you know. I would suggest for now if you are still feeling unsafe, to discontinue use of the systems in question until we can find a resolution. Thank you again for your patience.

Regards,
Neal Young
Parts & Service Director
Priority Honda
Roanoke, VA

·
Registered
2022 Rallye Red Civic LX
27 Posts
Haven’t had any issues when using my Cruise control. Until today, suddenly when driving, cruise control not active, a message came about saying “Adaptive Cruise Control problem. See your dealer.” Made an appointment for Tuesday to have this looked at. Also getting the same message for the Collision Mitigation Braking System. 🤷🏻‍♂️😩🤦🏻‍♂️ Oh yeah i took delivery November 17 btw. SMFH

241 - 260 of 297 Posts