11th Gen Civic Forum banner
221 - 240 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
12k miles in and no issues.
Glad to hear some people have not had any issues, my highway trips start next week and I would like to avoid this issue if possible as I will be driving about 4 hours per day on the highway when I am travelling.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Unfortunately, I have to join in here... My 22 Si has 800 miles on it and it has happened 3 times so far. :( I reported it on the nhtsa site.
Bad news everyone!!!! Honda’s “fix” by replacing the SRS module and brake switch DID NOT WORK!!! Cruise control continues to randomly shut off while driving on the interstate. Doesn’t matter speed, time driving, weather conditions, with or without ACC activated. Nothing has changed, car at this point is a giant LEMON to me. Honda has tried 4 attempts to fix the cruise control issue, with zero success. Guess they will be buying the car back and will have to pay my attorney fees. That’s what Lemon Laws were created for! Bye bye Honda!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Finally someone who (like me) agrees this is not a big issue in an otherwise stellar car! It'll get fixed.
I disagree with owners who feel it is not a big deal when their cruise control abruptly shuts off. I drive 150 round trip every day to work on Interstate 8 in Southern California. When you have an 80,000 pound semi ride up on your bumper because your cruise control shut down, tell me how that’s not a big deal! Maybe you enjoy having your butthole pucker up every time this happens!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great news everyone! After back and forth with the dealership and American Honda Customer support team, they had the dealership replace the SRS module and the brake switch. 400 miles later and my cruise control has NOT randomly shut off. Looks like Honda has found the solution!!!!! We’ll see if it stays this way. CALL YOUR DEALERSHIP AND DEMAND A NEW SRS MODULE AND BRAKE SWITCH UNDER WARRANTY

They replaced the SRS module and the brake switch on mine. 400 miles since repair and the cruise has NOT randomly shut off. DEMAND THAT YOUR DEALERSHIP REPLACE THE SRS MODULE AND BRAKE SWITCH.
SRS “fix” did not cure the problem!!!!! Cruise control is randomly shutting off again after Honda replaced SRS and brake switch. Car has been sitting at the dealership now for four days as Honda of America sends a “tech” out to try for the 4th time to fix this giant lemon. I’ve contacted a lemon law attorney, provided them with all documentation.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same issues over first 500 miles. Driving me nuts. Yesterday cruise set at 76 on WI freeway and cruise disabled self. Was able re engage once off freeway and on a 45 mph stretch. Have previously been able to re engage without pulling over although it has taken quite awhile and a great deal of swearing. Not sure if miles or time were consistent before being able to re engage. At least 15 minutes although probably closer to 30. Previous poster mentioned SRS and brake switch resolved it. Is there a consensus that is the solution? That permanently fix for anyone else? Thanks.
SRS and brake switch DID NOT fix my cruise control. It worked on two commutes, then started shutting off again. SRS AND BRAKE SWITCH DID NOT FIX THE ISSUE.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I disagree with owners who feel it is not a big deal when their cruise control abruptly shuts off. I drive 150 round trip every day to work on Interstate 8 in Southern California. When you have an 80,000 pound semi ride up on your bumper because your cruise control shut down, tell me how that’s not a big deal! Maybe you enjoy having your butthole pucker up every time this happens!
Why are you driving so slowly that semis are up your ass?

If you recognize this as a problem why are you relying on CC to maintain your speed in critical scenarios?

Did you report the problem to the NHTSA at the link I provided (and that another poster provided a few pages later) so that it's documented by the government agency charged with investigating it?

You want to park a car for an indefinite time at the dealer, lemon law it, and get angry over a defect that you can knowingly not induce simply by not turning the CC on? People managed to drive cars without CC for damn near a century and nobody got torn ACLs or sandy vaginas over it. I've driven cross country numerous times without cruise control and incredibly my right ankle didn't snap, I don't walk in a circle, and the experience wasn't so cataclysmic that I didn't get right back in the truck and do it again.

Should it work flawlessly? Fuck yeah it should.

Will Honda fix it? Fuck yeah they will, once they get a fix.

I guess how you handle it is up to you. Me, I'd rather save my sanity and not lose my mind over a minor defect in an otherwise great car.

First world problems, as they say.

Reactions: Baldilocks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys, just got my Civic a couple of months ago. It is an LX, so just base model. At any rate, I have been having some issues with the cruise control recently that I wanted to see if anyone else has come across yet. It happened to me today for the second time since I got the car. In both occurrences, I was just cruising at 75 on the freeway with nobody in front of me,. I was driving and for no reason the car cancelled cruise control on its own. No messages popped up except the symbol and "OFF" next to it, and I started slowing down. No different than turning it off manually or just pressing the brake pedal. I was not able to turn it back on again. When I would try to resume or set the speed again, I would get an error sound and the same message "OFF" next to the cruise symbol. Nothing else. It was dark out, and the humidity was high so I thought something might have just gotten on the front camera. I pulled over and found that it was clean, so got back in the car and it worked again, no other issues. That was about a month ago. Today, was again at 75 with no cars in front of me, good and clearly marked road, in broad daylight. Car canceled cruise for no reason again in the same way it did before. Could not re-engage, got same error sound and "OFF" message. This time I knew for sure there was nothing on the camera. I pulled over, put the car in park, then put it back in drive and started driving again. I could set the cruise control again and it worked for the rest of the drive. Another important thing to add is that I had the lane keep assist active on both occasions, and it never stopped working at all, still kept the lane without issue. I took a very short video when it happened again today, see the link:

20211004_130327.mp4

I spoke to someone on the phone from the Honda Customer Care hotline just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. We went through the owner's manual together and agreed that it said nothing about this type of situation, and that it should never just cancel and refuse to re-engage until the vehicle is bought to a complete stop and put in park. He said that I should make an appointment to have it looked at. One thing that I have NOT tried is switching over to normal cruise control mode via holding the interval button when this whole thing is happening.

Called local dealer, they want $145 just to look at it. It has 3k miles and it is a leased vehicle, so I'm not really sure why I have to pay. I actually don't know if this is the norm or not as this is the first brand new vehicle that I have leased from any dealership, so on a side note I would like to hear your opinions on that too.

Just looking to see if anyone has had a similar issue and could provide some guidance.
I just got my car checked out for a 3rd time at a different Honda dealership. This time the mechanic told me that he checked on the Honda forum and found that a lot of people are having the same issue with the cruise control shutting off due to a safety mechanism associated with the ACC feature--when there is bad weather or debris/dust on the cameras and sensors, the car will disable the cruise control feature if it senses obstructions for safety reasons and will only reevaluate/reset the feature when the car comes to a complete stop (which is true for me). He said this will happen even if you don't have ACC activated, which I never do.

He also said that although he didn’t see a definitive answer on the forum, the mechanics on it believe Honda is working on a computer/software update to fix that issue to make it less sensitive so it won’t do that. He thinks this because a lot of people are experiencing this issue more and more. Apparently, when it does get fixed, we should receive a letter from Honda.

Do I believe him? Not sure. But thats the best answer I've gotten so far after bringing my car in to get that issue looked at (before, all they would say is "idk what it could be... we are stumped"). Hopefully someone figures it out.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I just got my car checked out for a 3rd time at a different Honda dealership. This time the mechanic told me that he checked on the Honda forum and found that a lot of people are having the same issue with the cruise control shutting off due to a safety mechanism associated with the ACC feature--when there is bad weather or debris/dust on the cameras and sensors, the car will disable the cruise control feature if it senses obstructions for safety reasons and will only reevaluate/reset the feature when the car comes to a complete stop (which is true for me). He said this will happen even if you don't have ACC activated, which I never do.

He also said that although he didn’t see a definitive answer on the forum, the mechanics on it believe Honda is working on a computer/software update to fix that issue to make it less sensitive so it won’t do that. He thinks this because a lot of people are experiencing this issue more and more. Apparently, when it does get fixed, we should receive a letter from Honda.

Do I believe him? Not sure. But thats the best answer I've gotten so far after bringing my car in to get that issue looked at (before, all they would say is "idk what it could be... we are stumped"). Hopefully someone figures it out.
That makes sense to me, and I know it happens with other makes of vehicles I own including Subarus. The sucky part is that you have to stop the car and/or restart it. All they need to do is program out that need to stop the car/motor., as anyone can reactivate the cruise if it turns off. I will be driving on some messy highways very soon so I expect to experience it first hand. My other cars will do that with heavy rain, heavy snow, and condensation or ice on the windshield surfaces. I don't find it all that dangerous as I am able to hit the accelerator pedal as soon as it happens and I have had to do that on my other cars. Looking forward to a fix on this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Why are you driving so slowly that semis are up your ass?

If you recognize this as a problem why are you relying on CC to maintain your speed in critical scenarios?

Did you report the problem to the NHTSA at the link I provided (and that another poster provided a few pages later) so that it's documented by the government agency charged with investigating it?

You want to park a car for an indefinite time at the dealer, lemon law it, and get angry over a defect that you can knowingly not induce simply by not turning the CC on? People managed to drive cars without CC for damn near a century and nobody got torn ACLs or sandy vaginas over it. I've driven cross country numerous times without cruise control and incredibly my right ankle didn't snap, I don't walk in a circle, and the experience wasn't so cataclysmic that I didn't get right back in the truck and do it again.

Should it work flawlessly? Fuck yeah it should.

Will Honda fix it? Fuck yeah they will, once they get a fix.

I guess how you handle it is up to you. Me, I'd rather save my sanity and not lose my mind over a minor defect in an otherwise great car.

First world problems, as they say.
Meef, thank you for your concern and input. Your logic is yours to share, although I disagree with your viewpoint, I respect others opinions all the same. I like a car that functions the way it was intended. If it cannot function properly, then step up as a manufacturer and find the solution. Enjoy your drive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Are you still problem free?
The replacement of the SRS module and brake switch did not fix the issue. Made two trips with no issue, then out of nowhere the cruise control began randomly shutting off again. Car is sitting at the dealership now for five days with no solution. Honda is supposed to be sending out a tech or possibly an engineer to work on a solution.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Meef, thank you for your concern and input. Your logic is yours to share, although I disagree with your viewpoint, I respect others opinions all the same. I like a car that functions the way it was intended. If it cannot function properly, then step up as a manufacturer and find the solution. Enjoy your drive.
That's a fair response. Good luck with whatever is next (I assume if you lemon it you will replace it with something else non Honda).

Maybe the tech can sort out the issue using your car as the guinea pig and thus solve the issue for other Civic owners.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Are people having problems if they change adaptive cruise control to "traditional" cruise control? (This is done by pressing the proximity button for about 2 seconds)

·
Registered
2022 Civic Sport Sedan
50 Posts
I only use regular cruise control, don't like ACC as I feel I'm giving up some control of the car as it changes speed depending on what a camera sees. I changed over to regular cruise in the first 50 miles I drove the car, and have never had an issue with it shutting off. And I have literally used it for 3-4 hours at a time.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport
1 Posts
Bought my Civic sport in late December. Cruise turned off on highway multiple times. Dropping it off to the dealer now and informed them of this forum and showed a recording I made. We’ll see what happens.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Bought my Civic sport in late December. Cruise turned off on highway multiple times. Dropping it off to the dealer now and informed them of this forum and showed a recording I made. We’ll see what happens.
Eh... If ANY dealer has a solution for this screw-up we would hear here for sure. Not even Honda knows how to fix it. You just wasted your time leaving your new car in hands of a dealer. Watch for new scratches and who knows what else... :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your dealer's service department is inept and they are thieves. There is no way your ipass and dashcam will interfere with your cruse and no way the stealer should have even tried to charge you. You need to find another dealer. Please don't forget to let Honda Customer Service know about these weasels as well as posting on Google reviews etc.
Your dealer's service department is inept and they are thieves. There is no way your ipass and dashcam will interfere with your cruse and no way the stealer should have even tried to charge you. You need to find another dealer. Please don't forget to let Honda Customer Service know about these weasels as well as posting on Google reviews etc.
I'm glad this post has found others who have had similar experiences!

I would rather not remove my dashcam and IPASS before bringing to a different dealer, but if that's what it takes for them to say "we really don't know what it is" then perhaps it would be worth it.
I have a 2022 civic hatchback about 2 weeks ago I was experiencing the same issues. It seemed like 20 minutes of having the cruise on it would shut off and not let me re engage until I shut the car off and re started it. Well a couple of days ago I had the cruise on but I held the button that selects the distance to follow for about 2 seconds. The adaptive cruise control gets shut off. Then I held the same button again for 2 seconds and the adaptive cruise control gets turned back on. It's been a few days and I've driven in rain at night and it hasn't shut off on me again. Maybe this is a way to reset the system. I hope this helps you guys out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just started happening on my 2022 Civic Sedan
Started happening around 9k miles
taking to the dealer on Monday

I have a dash cam in terms of aftermarket stuff and that's it

Edit: Some more information and thought
Camera is completely clean, I took a trip that included 6 hours to destination and 6 hours back a few months ago and didn't have any issues. At first I thought it was the sun's glare causing issues but then I remembered on that trip during the drive back the sun was right in front of me for a good 2-3 hours.

It's a Sport model as well

Also I highly doubt it'd be a dirty camera anyways, most of the time when the camera is dirty it's a completely different pop-up on the dash indicating that the camera is dirty. On top of that lane keep works even when cruise control does not.

221 - 240 of 297 Posts