11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
There are professional ways to repair leather, but if it was myself I would micro-dab some dark colour into the small area. Use a sharp pointy toothpick like object, dab it into some coloured product and then dab it into the damaged area carefully, smooth off the excess. Maybe some shoe-polish, or Permatex makes a vinly repair kit with some coloured product in it. I'd suggest a sharpie marker but you need to be careful with it going over the lines too much, hence why I like micro-dabbing for small repairs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are professional ways to repair leather, but if it was myself I would micro-dab some dark colour into the small area. Use a sharp pointy toothpick like object, dab it into some coloured product and then dab it into the damaged area carefully, smooth off the excess. Maybe some shoe-polish, or Permatex makes a vinly repair kit with some coloured product in it. I'd suggest a sharpie marker but you need to be careful with it going over the lines too much, hence why I like micro-dabbing for small repairs.
thanks. any thoughts on how to deal with the high spots from the tear?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
thanks. any thoughts on how to deal with the high spots from the tear?
a very light sanding or wet sanding using very fine grit sanding material - 2000 , 3000, 4000 grit over a very small area, it will remove more colour but if it flattens out a tad then touch it up along with the other areas.

·
Registered
2 Posts
for diy you can try the colourlock leather system, google or search it on amazon, you can also youtube it to see how it works. don't use a sharpie. you can replace the steering wheel at a later date if it still bothers you, or find a leather repair person to touch it up for you, so many options available.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts