11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 2022 Civic Sport. When I connect my s21 ultra via cable to my car and use android auto, every 60 seconds or so it will stop and state my media has switched to Bluetooth. Then it will go back to android auto after a few seconds and it's just an endless cycle unless I unpair my phones Bluetooth connection manually. Any advice?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the 2022 sport also but have no issues with android auto so far. Seems to run like it should. I have a Samsung Note 9. I would check and make sure the app on your phone is up to date, also try a different cable. I've had a few cheap cables in the past that either didn't work or did similar to what you described. Shorter cable is better for this, 3 foot or so.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Is it possibly a cable issue? Like maybe the radio stops receiving a good enough signal through the USB cable for a moment (drops data packets), so it switches to BT?

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring (Rallye Red)
84 Posts
I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra wired to the driver's side USB-A port and have not had any music issues with Android Auto on my Touring.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I just bought my 2022 Civic Sport. When I connect my s21 ultra via cable to my car and use android auto, every 60 seconds or so it will stop and state my media has switched to Bluetooth. Then it will go back to android auto after a few seconds and it's just an endless cycle unless I unpair my phones Bluetooth connection manually. Any advice?
It's so weird how some people have had problems with their phone connections and others haven't at all. Have you tried it out with any other phones by chance?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I was having similar problems. Was at a Honda dealer and was told to switch to whatever cable came with your phone. This cleared up almost every problem I was having.
Welcome to the forum @HadAFit. Great to know a simple solution like that did it.
Which Civic model and spec did you get?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I actually just starting having Android auto issues as well. Touring Trim and I've tried connecting my phone a Note 20 ultra and my brothers phone a S20 and both are connected wirelessly. I can get apps to run like.maps but any audio like in Spotify I'll hit play on the screen and it'll play and instantly pause. But it works fine if connected as Bluetooth only.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts