11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys.

So I'm looking at getting this exhaust system but I would like black exhaust tips. Is there something I can buy to just put over them or bolt on (for instance would https://a.co/d/9vOexAh work?) I assume size matters? Or maybe it would be possible/better to just have them painted? Any recommendations? (specific links welcome)

Thanks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
No expert or knowledge with this first hand, but my thought/assumption is you want something heat resistant for the hot exhaust. I wouldn't replace the tips with your link even if the pipe sizing matches because the tips will alter the sound and the designer of the original link/exhaust system would have tuned it to sound a certain way. It may not make much of a difference but you don't know how it will change slapping new tips on.

I'd recommend a heat resistant coating/powder coating like this maybe?

Liquid Product Tire Automotive tire Fluid

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
No expert or knowledge with this first hand, but my thought/assumption is you want something heat resistant for the hot exhaust. I wouldn't replace the tips with your link even if the pipe sizing matches because the tips will alter the sound and the designer of the original link/exhaust system would have tuned it to sound a certain way. It may not make much of a difference but you don't know how it will change slapping new tips on.

I'd recommend a heat resistant coating/powder coating like this maybe?

View attachment 12535
Awesome, thanks for the advice! Seems to make sense logically and what I was thinking as well.

·
Vendor
11 Posts
Hey guys.

So I'm looking at getting this exhaust system but I would like black exhaust tips. Is there something I can buy to just put over them or bolt on (for instance would https://a.co/d/9vOexAh work?) I assume size matters? Or maybe it would be possible/better to just have them painted? Any recommendations? (specific links welcome)

Thanks.
Powder coating would be the best way to do it. Call around your local area and see if you can find a professional powder coating service.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Powder coating would be the best way to do it. Call around your local area and see if you can find a professional powder coating service.
I've actually heard powder coating has a tendency to peel and wear out over time on the exhaust tips, whereas paint not so much. Ceramic coating seems to be the generally agreed best method, but spray paint is arguably as good or better and way cheaper and less downtime, from what I've read.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts