11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

New 2022 Civic owner and new member of this forum.

I am hoping one of you guys can help me with a little issue. I am trying to add a shock sensor to the factory alarm.

I was able to locate good sources for continuous and ignition power. I also found a good place to ground. But I am having trouble locating the correct wire for the car’s door sensor.

My previous cars had a door pin in the sill whose wire I would be able to trace back to the kick panel and tap into. But the Civic doesn‘t use such a pin to tell the car the door is open.

I tried closing the physical latch on the door itself. And use a multimeter to try and find the correct wire. But I was unsuccessful. I also removed the trunk insulation and tried tracing the trunk wires back to the dash but couldn’t find the corresponding wire under the dash.

I thought about having a professional install it. But since the car is so new, I’m not sure anyone has actually worked on one before. Not sure if I want them using my car to learn on.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Are you still looking for a solution?
It's going to be a bit tricky, but taping into any door latch with a standard shock sensor will trigger the factory alarm.
As you can see there is no actual switch anymore on the door pillars they have moved them all inside each door latch.

I have a list of wires for this year but in another PC.
I will try to post a link soon, if needed.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

1 - 2 of 2 Posts