11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a full front Xpel PPF day one which included the front bumper, full hood, “A pillars” and side mirrors. I really liked the fact that the gloss xpel ultimate film matches up so nice with the rest of the non PPF paint. I just took it to the next level and had all 4 doors done and rocker panels. Interestingly there were no computer patterns for the sides of the car, so they did a customer bulk invisible instal. Removing the inside door cards to make the film have no visible lines, as well as be perfect with no cuts under the door handles. The car is now non PPF from the back doors to the rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice! I plan on dropping mine off the day I pick it up for the same. Just the front clip tho. Then ceramic coating. I’m having my wife’s 2022 Pilot Elite done this Monday. How much did just the front end cost you in your area?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! I plan on dropping mine off the day I pick it up for the same. Just the front clip tho. Then ceramic coating. I’m having my wife’s 2022 Pilot Elite done this Monday. How much did just the front end cost you in your area?
Thanks. A FULL front end alone was $1400. A Partial front at the same shop was $750. It will defintley bullet proof you from day one, and be a wise investment against the thin paint.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes $1400-$1500 is in line for a standard PPF front end. By that I mean a standard computer cut pattern job. These are the easiest and quickest. There will be visible edges, and lines to the discerning eye. When you get into a bulk install the same work can be pricier. Pieces are custom manipulated and made larger to wrap around body pieces for a more invisible or seemless install. There can also be dissasembly involved to remove car parts, install film, and reassembly. This is so you cant see that things have not been worked around in the end. So a full front like this may run say $2000-2500. This is why there really isnt any set pricing in PPF, it depends on the amount of labor and techniques involved. For a Civic a standard job is good, but for a new Porshe 911 higher end PPF work would be desired.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts