11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell how the ACC on Honda Civic LX 2022 handle curves on highways? I had a really scary experience with Kia when I was driving at around 50s and the highway curved, on my way back to Bay Area from Monterey, at night that too. I'd like to know how Honda LX handles this. Can it sense curved roads and adjust automatically? Or will it be a hazard to not pay enough attention? Asking this after coming to know Toyota has this feature, from watching a video. I'm currently waiting to get my Civic LX.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback Boost Blue
59 Posts
Its really good handling highway curves. I drive 80mph usually and it handles curves but not like extreme curves like 90 degree curves. Just keep your hands on the wheel its not a tesla.

·
Registered
22' Civic Hatchback White ST
17 Posts
In my experience with the 2022 hatch ST, the ACC handles highway curves much better than mid speed (~40 MPH) local streets.
But that could just be because I'm in Colorado and our highways can't curve too much due to winter conditions.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
If you keep your hands on the steering wheel all will be good, it's not like you are letting the car steer itself as I would be extra careful on curved roads. I assume you are talking about lane keep assist (LKAS), not so much as adaptive cruise. Adaptive cruise can work in most conditions, lane keep assist requires more attention from the driver.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can anyone tell how the ACC on Honda Civic LX 2022 handle curves on highways? I had a really scary experience with Kia when I was driving at around 50s and the highway curved, on my way back to Bay Area from Monterey, at night that too. I'd like to know how Honda LX handles this. Can it sense curved roads and adjust automatically? Or will it be a hazard to not pay enough attention? Asking this after coming to know Toyota has this feature, from watching a video. I'm currently waiting to get my Civic LX.

Thanks!
Are you referring to the ACC not sensing the car in front due to a curve road then suddenly increasing speed? Or the car not turning with a curve? Or both?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you referring to the ACC not sensing the car in front due to a curve road then suddenly increasing speed? Or the car not turning with a curve? Or both?
I'm asking more of the latter, although the former is a safety concern as well... But if we're going at 70-80MPH, is the Civic LX 2022 reliable to handle the curved highway? I presume that I would be aware of cars in front, but in case I make a poor judgement of turning with speed ratio, I'm wondering if the cars safety sys can handle that situation..

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm asking more of the latter, although the former is a safety concern as well... But if we're going at 70-80MPH, is the Civic LX 2022 reliable to handle the curved highway? I presume that I would be aware of cars in front, but in case I make a poor judgement of turning with speed ratio, I'm wondering if the cars safety sys can handle that situation..
My experience is that straightaways and curves aren’t an issue as long as the curve is slight. It will tell you keep your hands on the wheel if you take it off for any amount of time. Like what some of the other posters have said, it’s not a Tesla and I wouldn’t drive it with the expectation that it would be in anyway self driving.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Adaptive cruise has been mostly good. A couple of times it has hit the brakes and it seems to take too long to recover speed, and on a certain hilly road, it has sensed the next hill (coming out of a dip) as a car and has REALLY applied the brakes - with one guy thinking I was brake-checking him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts