11th Gen Civic Forum banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah I got the recall notification too through hondalink.
Thing that was weird was if I had selected that I was going to wait at the dealership option I was going to get an appointment only until in November whereas selecting that I had a rid gave me an appointment for next week lmao. Which I selected. Now let's see what is going to happen once I go there because I'll either wait at the dealership or I'll just go to the malls next door if they are really stingy on this. How long is the process for them to program the 2nd fob anyways?

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring (Rallye Red)
84 Posts
Now let's see what is going to happen once I go there because I'll either wait at the dealership or I'll just go to the malls next door if they are really stingy on this. How long is the process for them to program the 2nd fob anyways?
The Honda dealership washed my Civic Touring while I waited 30-45 minutes for the technicians & mechanics to program the 2nd FOB.

·
Registered
57 Posts
How long is the process for them to program the 2nd fob anyways?
Mine took a little over two hours. But I went on a Saturday. Which is one of their busiest days. So I’m guessing a big chunk of that was waiting for a spot to open up so a technician could program the key fob.

I left them my cell number and went and killed some time at a nearby shopping center. They even offered a shuttle service to anywhere within a five mile radius. But the shopping center was so close, I ended up walking.

The service department called me when the car was ready.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Caddict the more i think of it the more i am concerned. At least give us a date or some kind of timetable when the second fob is coming. We all put out $25,000., for the car. Honda must find a way to get us a second fob.
2 months later, still no fob!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just an FYI, I ran into another civic owner at Wallyworld today, she asked me if I have heard anything when 2nd fobs will be coming. I told her my story and how I got mine. I gave her number I listed on this site in previous post , she called while I was standing there, she did get through to a cust service person who took her info down and said she would get a call back. Gal was standing there waiting for me when I came out to leave and thanked me. Apparently the rep called he back and said dealer had her fob and set her up an appointment to program 2nd fob. Don’t understand why the dealers are not contacting there customers to get this done. It’s a shame we have to do all the work to fix an issue like this.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Update: October 15, 2021. I went to the dealership. Something about a recall, which I didn’t understand since my original fob was fine. The dealership had the fob, and they were supposed to call me, which they did not. @Ronco67 on this thread said the same thing happened to him. Took my car down to the dealership, took 2 hours to program the new one. I didn’t have to call the customer service number. I was about to, but thought I would ask the dealership first. Thanks @Ronco67 for the great tip!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got my 2nd key fob yesterday (car purchased in mid July). Same thing as others where I had to call the parts department, order the fob, then call a week later to find out it came in and finally set up the appointment.
It probably took a couple hours to program and if it weren't for a minor mishap with the tech hitting a parked car with my car I would have had my 2nd fob in hand on Friday. Instead they kept my car to repair it and I was able to inspect repair and pick up car and fob yesterday.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got my 2nd key fob yesterday (car purchased in mid July). Same thing as others where I had to call the parts department, order the fob, then call a week later to find out it came in and finally set up the appointment.
It probably took a couple hours to program and if it weren't for a minor mishap with the tech hitting a parked car with my car I would have had my 2nd fob in hand on Friday. Instead they kept my car to repair it and I was able to inspect repair and pick up car and fob yesterday.
Yup, seems like the parts people aren’t calling ppl to get them their 2nd fob. I had to call Honda and then they told me that the dealer had mine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Got it last friday. Stayed took like 30 mins and I was out.
The dealership called me to tell me they had my fob in but I had already made the appointment with hondalink they checked and saw it, and I was fine even with staying in the dealership.
Now if Honda could fix the wireless charger on the touring now

·
Registered
37 Posts
Called dealership today and was told that my fob key would be in tomorrow. This is after repeated calls of course to the Sales and Service department. Finally got someone in parts at my dealership, pulled up my record, saw the key was available and ordered it. Purchased the sport 4th of July weekend. Let’s see how Saturday goes. I intend to wait on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I took delivery 8/31 and still no key and no info so I took Ronco67's advise and called the parts department of the selling dealer (Great Lakes Honda West), explained I still only had one key and did they get it in or have any record of me needing a second. They had no order for a second key and did not have any "strays" (key sent without info-read the thread for more info) so I placed an order. Parts Babe (was a woman, being objectifying here for humor) said the DC has several in stock and she would order me one. Great! Then today I got this in the mail-
Font Material property Paper Document Circle

I find the letter worded a little strangely. Under the heading What Will Honda Do? the first word is "contact" so you have to do something, not Honda. In any event to looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel for all of the single key people.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I took delivery 8/31 and still no key and no info so I took Ronco67's advise and called the parts department of the selling dealer (Great Lakes Honda West), explained I still only had one key and did they get it in or have any record of me needing a second. They had no order for a second key and did not have any "strays" (key sent without info-read the thread for more info) so I placed an order. Parts Babe (was a woman, being objectifying here for humor) said the DC has several in stock and she would order me one. Great! Then today I got this in the mail-
View attachment 4412

I find the letter worded a little strangely. Under the heading What Will Honda Do? the first word is "contact" so you have to do something, not Honda. In any event to looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel for all of the single key people.
This was also in my mail today!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
View attachment 4412

Lol. I got the same letter today as well.

Not really useful for me though. I already got my second key a couple weeks ago. At least Honda seem to be getting customers notified now.

Hope everything goes smoothly for you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This just happened.!!Took about an hour at the dealership.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts