11th Gen Civic Forum banner
61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I contacted Honda and was informed that the second smart key fob are now ready to be delivered to the consumer. I have a appointment this Tuesday to receive the key and have it programmed. Good luck to all.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Called this weekend and they told me they started to receive them, and I would get a phonecall to set up an appointment to program mine at the dealership

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is what I received last week from dealer the 2nd fob and a spare key to cut. I have the 2nd key that I got when I purchased car.
Rectangle Font Electronics accessory Transparency Event

·
Registered
40 Posts
Picked up on July 10 sonic gray touring. I called dealer they knew nothing about it. I called Honda cust service and found out through them the parts manager had for several civics they sold. Honda had them over night mine to me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Picked up on July 10 sonic gray touring. I called dealer they knew nothing about it. I called Honda cust service and found out through them the parts manager had for several civics they sold. Honda had them over night mine to me.
Nice! Thanks for the info!

You wouldn’t happen to have the Customer Service number you called?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine was overnighted to me from Buffalo I am in Pittsburgh area. I called 1 dealer who does not want to program for me I am going to call another dealer.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring (Rallye Red)
84 Posts
Nice! Hopefully I get a call this month to go to my dealership.
Well, actually I received an alert on the Honda Link App from my smartphone to schedule a service about a Recall for the Remote Key FOB.

Rectangle Font Pattern Parallel Number
Product Rectangle Font Triangle Screenshot

The alert is still there on my phone.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well, I finally got my second key this weekend. Had to jump over a couple hurdles, but I was able to get mine.

I called the Honda Customer Service that Runco67 mentioned, but the guy I spoke to said that they don’t handle this on their end. And I would have to contact the dealership I purchased the car from.

Then I remember someone else say the Parts Department had their keys in stock. So I spoke to Parts. They looked up my car by the VIN. And said they had some smart key fobs in stock. So they transferred me over to the receptionist. Who scheduled me a service appointment.

But when I arrived at the dealership for my appointment, they told me I had to have a letter from Honda saying my key was available and to schedule an appointment.

I wasn’t too happy about that. So I went inside to talk to someone. Turns out they had received a handful of fobs a couple weeks ago. When I asked why no one contacted me or if they could provide me with a number to request this letter I needed. They didn’t really have an answer.

Luckily, the receptionist was willing to see what she could do for me. She said that since Honda technically lists the second key as a recall, they would be able to help me after all.

Long story short and 2 hours later, I was able to get my second key.

Should I have just waited for Honda to contact me? Maybe. If I was confident there was some sort of system in place to get customers their keys in a timely manner. Perhaps I would have waited. But from what I can tell, the system is messed up. Everyone I spoke to had a different response on how to proceed.

Anyways, if you really want your keys, you may have to take the initiative and contact the dealership yourself.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry to hear you had to go through that. I looked back on my call logs I had 11 calls from Honda customer service to help me, don’t understand why they would tell you something different unless they changed how they are correcting this issue. I had no issues with dealer programming at all.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry to hear you had to go through that. I looked back on my call logs I had 11 calls from Honda customer service to help me, don’t understand why they would tell you something different unless they changed how they are correcting this issue. I had no issues with dealer programming at all.
Yeah, the guy I spoke to said they don’t handle this stuff. When I told him someone on the Civic Forum got theirs through Customer Service, he seemed annoyed I would even question him.

Oh well, I’m just happy I got mine. Honda should really get everyone on the same page though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I agree , they handled this situation wrong to begin with. Hopefully everyone else that is waiting for fob calls dealer or Honda to get situation corrected and to get 2nd fob and programmed. I don’t know if my situation was different this 22 civic is my 16th Honda I have owned, cust service guy pointed this out all the way to my first Honda a 1984 Prelude.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I agree , they handled this situation wrong to begin with. Hopefully everyone else that is waiting for fob calls dealer or Honda to get situation corrected and to get 2nd fob and programmed. I don’t know if my situation was different this 22 civic is my 16th Honda I have owned, cust service guy pointed this out all the way to my first Honda a 1984 Prelude.
Damn! 16th Honda?! They should give you a free one at this point! 😂

61 - 80 of 100 Posts