11th Gen Civic Forum banner
41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
When I picked up my Civic 2 weeks ago, my Dealer told me I was lucky, as I was getting 2 Fobs. They said most cars they have don't have 2. Guess mine is an older "new" one, Lol.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Has anyone that initially only received one key actually received a second key yet?

I understand there’s a chip shortage. And Honda wants to sell as many cars as possible. Even if it means only giving one key at first. But it would be nice to give some priority to actual buyers that just plopped down a bunch of money and get them their second keys.

Just ranting I guess.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone that initially only received one key actually received a second key yet?

I understand there’s a chip shortage. And Honda wants to sell as many cars as possible. Even if it means only giving one key at first. But it would be nice to give some priority to actual buyers that just plopped down a bunch of money and get them their second keys.

Just ranting I guess.
i combed through the pages and it seems like no on has lol im moving cross country soon so i guess im screwed if honda sends me one to my current address 6 months from now

·
Registered
31 Posts
i combed through the pages and it seems like no on has lol im moving cross country soon so i guess im screwed if honda sends me one to my current address 6 months from now
I would think you can update your address with Honda once you move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
My dealer told me the same thing. I thought the salesman was trying to rip me off but they insist it's true. I've had my car for 5 weeks and nothing from Honda. I just text them and asked what the deal is.

Question: the dealer told me that due to the shortage or microchips, Honda couldn't make a second smart key and will "mail" the second smart key to me at a later date. Did anyone receive this type of message?

Basically, i only received one smart key and an extra manual key with a note pictured...

View attachment 2739

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just purchased a new 2022 civic touring for wifey....

Question: the dealer told me that due to the shortage or microchips, Honda couldn't make a second smart key and will "mail" the second smart key to me at a later date. Did anyone receive this type of message?

Basically, i only received one smart key and an extra manual key with a note pictured...

View attachment 2739
Purchased my Civic on June 14, one fob, no word on the second.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Caddict the more i think of it the more i am concerned. At least give us a date or some kind of timetable when the second fob is coming. We all put out $25,000., for the car. Honda must find a way to get us a second fob.
It’s now September 6, still no word. Almost 3 months.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring (Rallye Red)
84 Posts
I received this Recall Message late last night. Anyone else in Canada receive this message? Not sure what it means.

Rectangle Font Pattern Parallel Number

Product Rectangle Font Triangle Screenshot

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic EX meteorite grey metallic/grey interior
13 Posts
My EX came with two, but the dealer said I was one of a lucky few that got two. He said most were coming with one and an IOU.

·
Super Moderator
180 Posts
Might be getting my second fob when I pick my car up from the dealer. At least the SA said there was an update about my key

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just want to give my feedback here. I as well was in same boat with 1 key car purchased July 10th. I contacted customer service Monday regarding only 1 fob. They verified only received 1 fob. On Tuesday I received a call back from Honda cust service, they told me the process was the dealer has to order the extra fob when vehicle is sold once it comes in they are to schedule in to program. I found out the dealer had my fob for couple weeks now sitting in parts dept. since we live 4 hours from dealer they sent the fob by fedex to us and received today. Will have to go to local dealer to program. You may want to try and contact selling dealer parts dept to see if they have your fob or try Honda customer service to see if they can step in. I will say this Honda did contact us several times to advise process and when when to expect to receive. I thought this was going to be a long drawn out process but I will say Honda helped. I hope everyone else can have same luck!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just want to give my feedback here. I as well was in same boat with 1 key car purchased July 10th. I contacted customer service Monday regarding only 1 fob. They verified only received 1 fob. On Tuesday I received a call back from Honda cust service, they told me the process was the dealer has to order the extra fob when vehicle is sold once it comes in they are to schedule in to program. I found out the dealer had my fob for couple weeks now sitting in parts dept. since we live 4 hours from dealer they sent the fob by fedex to us and received today. Will have to go to local dealer to program. You may want to try and contact selling dealer parts dept to see if they have your fob or try Honda customer service to see if they can step in. I will say this Honda did contact us several times to advise process and when when to expect to receive. I thought this was going to be a long drawn out process but I will say Honda helped. I hope everyone else can have same luck!

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring
40 Posts
Just purchased a new 2022 civic touring for wifey....

View attachment 2739
Negative, I bought a Touring in June and got smart fobs aka keys

41 - 60 of 100 Posts