·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really.... I hope that will become true

Well, that makes two of us, an e-HEV Civic setup I believe would fill a huge gap in the HEV car segment. Guessing we need to wait on sales numbers globally, I believe the Insight is scheduled to be discontinued end of year 22.

·
Registered
24 Posts
A move to NYC last year put my getting another Honda (preferably a Civic) on pause, but I'm so glad it did. I wasn't expecting a Civic Hybrid when the 11th gen released last year and have been actively awaiting more information on one, especially with high gas prices nationwide.

My hope is that the car gets like 48-52 MPG in the city and 44-48 on the highway. Also, if the 181-hp, 232 lb-ft of torque engine is what's in the U.S. version like what's being shipped to Europe, Australia, and other countries, I'll be happy.

Reactions: 1mrBlacky

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A move to NYC last year put my getting another Honda (preferably a Civic) on pause, but I'm so glad it did. I wasn't expecting a Civic Hybrid when the 11th gen released last year and have been actively awaiting more information on one, especially with high gas prices nationwide.

My hope is that the car gets like 48-52 MPG in the city and 44-48 on the highway. Also, if the 181-hp, 232 lb-ft of torque engine is what's in the U.S. version like what's being shipped to Europe, Australia, and other countries, I'll be happy.
I believe the US version will be appearing state side soon, think it was reported as you've describe

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm super interested in the hybrid since I'm still waiting on my civic. If it came down to a few weeks between the two, I'd wait for the hybrid
Interesting it sounds like you would be making a Proper Midlife Correction, much talk currently about the BEV making room for these various hybrids, (could be) the sweeping conversion to full electric may have to wait a-bit longer?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stateside, we are likely to get the same powertrain the Insight had. Europe gets all the cool stuff…
They do see much better smaller vehicles than in the states, but things appear to be changing here, shooting brakes an station wagons are entering the scene maybe those monster SUVs are not as cool any longer?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts