11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first I got the audio to a good setting I liked and it worked great on Bluetooth / Wired CarPlay but as of this morning the audio is horrible when using CarPlay vs Bluetooth. It sounds distorted when I connected to my wired connection and I use my maps frequently.
Has anyone else run into this issue? I’m sad cause this is my first Honda and was expecting something that wouldn’t poop out on me after a week

·
Registered
643 Posts
Thank you for welcome!
I’m truly not sure cause I’m not even able to select menu or skip tracks or anything while connected to CarPlay.
It's weird because you're not the only one that's had bluetooth issues with their Civic and phones. It's getting out of hand.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's weird because you're not the only one that's had bluetooth issues with their Civic and phones. It's getting out of hand.

That really sucks! Mine is the exact opposite though lol my Bluetooth works great but my CarPlay freezes my entire stereo. I hope Honda comes out with something for this

·
Registered
34 Posts
That really sucks! Mine is the exact opposite though lol my Bluetooth works great but my CarPlay freezes my entire stereo. I hope Honda comes out with something for this
Yup and when you try to use SiriusXM via CarPlay it’s so glitchy when trying to go through the channels and stuff.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would make sure you're using an actually Apple certified lightening cable. Yes, they are expensive, but there is a difference between them and the cheaper alternatives.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would make sure you're using an actually Apple certified lightening cable. Yes, they are expensive, but there is a difference between them and the cheaper alternatives.
Yeah it’s the white one that comes with the iphones. I found it at work at the hospital someone left. Who knows how old it is but I still have mine from my 12 pro max box and I’m gonna try that one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i use my XM app through my phone and have had no issues with it as of yet and i have an LX everything seems to be working fine

·
Registered
34 Posts
i use my XM app through my phone and have had no issues with it as of yet and i have an LX everything seems to be working fine
Yeah I initially turn the app on through my phone but while driving, my Geico app doesn’t allow me to use the phone (distracted driving) so I have to use the cars screen interface and it’s just not good. Honestly thinking about getting rid of that Geico program because it doesn’t even save me much money and it’s badly flawed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
At first I got the audio to a good setting I liked and it worked great on Bluetooth / Wired CarPlay but as of this morning the audio is horrible when using CarPlay vs Bluetooth. It sounds distorted when I connected to my wired connection and I use my maps frequently.
Has anyone else run into this issue? I’m sad cause this is my first Honda and was expecting something that wouldn’t poop out on me after a week
Only issue I’m having - not sure if it’s my phone or CarPlay, but I’ll be streaming music. Get out run and errand, restart car and it will display music is playing (yes, volume is turned up), but it’s not playing any music. Even unplugging the cord and reopening app in my phone sometimes won’t help. Again, not sure if it’s the car or what. But it’s not a pressing issue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts