11th Gen Civic Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Civic Si
67 Posts
I have contacted 13 dealers and so far have this...

Dealer 1: $1000 deposit (5 people on waiting list) selling at MSRP... not sure how their volume will look... first come first serve with the deposits and it refundable.

Dealer 2: $500 deposit (6 people on waiting list) not sure about markup... expecting at least a year till I would be able to get one

Dealer 3: Deposit ?? (Waiting list 5 people on it)... according to recent 10th gen volume they get 1 or 2 a year (small rural dealership).

Dealer 4: Deposit?? (Waiting list??)... sales manager won't give me an expected markup just saying "haven't talked much about the markup but there will be one heard other dealers doing 10k over"

Dealer 5: $1000 deposit (waiting list??)... sales manager said $5000 over MSRP (following their model of 2k over for regular civics, 3k over for Si 5k for CTR)

Dealer 6-13: No response or just giving me the run around. I will update as I send out more emails and get more responses.

Few TIPS on emailing dealers if anybody is curious.

dont ask dealers when or how many 11th gen CTR's they'll get in They don't know and they'll just give you the runaround. ASK "what did your Type-R volume look like per year or quarter for the previous generation Civic Type-R". This will give you a good idea on how many they will get and then you can guesstimate your position on a waiting list.

Create a template you can copy and paste to send out to many dealers. Make sure you specify you are NOT interested in other vehicles, specify you want to know...
1. If they are taking deposits
2. Is there a waiting list? If YES, ask how many people would be ahead of you.
3. Are they selling at MSRP and if not what will their markup be (ask is the 10th gen had a markup if they try telling you they don't know) if the 10th get had one so will the 11th.
4. How many do they expect to get and when do they expect to see their first CTR.

Lastly, FIND THE GENERAL SALES MANAGERS EMAIL AND PERSONALLY EMAIL THAT PERSON!!
Be polite address your call or email to that person and make it seem natural say please and thank you. yes, its a little @$$ kissing but it does help sometimes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just was added to my local dealer list for the new type R. I’m in Canada, salesman said there will be no markup but would be requiring buyers to add protective film to the car. He said the news stories are true and Canada will only be getting approximately 500 units over 3 years, and he seemed to know that they were allocated 8 units. Salesman also stated that additional info on the car is supposed to be revealed in the next couple weeks.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts