11th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
My friend owns a local Honda dealership that just sells everything at MSRP, even the type r but on popular ones they load in some accessories. I already hit him up telling him i want one of the first type r's he gets inbound (color that i want) and i'll even get accessories just to help out the sales guys/manager even though he said i dont have to.

Cant wait.

Meanwhile a friend whos a master tech at another local dealer said one guy is on the list and is willing to do 20k OVER msrp but i'll believe it when they actually show up
Yeah, my dealer mentioned that they usually tie in accessories and packages as part of their markup rather than just straight up cash but we'll see what happens when the get here.

In the meantime, I gotta make my 9th gen street legal again so I can sell it when the time comes :LOL:

·
Registered
896 Posts
My friend owns a local Honda dealership that just sells everything at MSRP, even the type r but on popular ones they load in some accessories. I already hit him up telling him i want one of the first type r's he gets inbound (color that i want) and i'll even get accessories just to help out the sales guys/manager even though he said i dont have to.

Cant wait.

Meanwhile a friend whos a master tech at another local dealer said one guy is on the list and is willing to do 20k OVER msrp but i'll believe it when they actually show up
There's definitely going to be dealers offering that kind of a markup on the Type R. Though it's good that the dealer your friend owns doesn't do that.

Have you owned a Type R before or would this be the first?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Maybe I'm less informed but can you avoid dealer markups if you just "build" one and wait ? Sorry this isn't my realm of expertise. Ive had cash cars all my life (35 yrs) and this will be my first NEW car purchase at a dealership.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Maybe I'm less informed but can you avoid dealer markups if you just "build" one and wait ? Sorry this isn't my realm of expertise. Ive had cash cars all my life (35 yrs) and this will be my first NEW car purchase at a dealership.
he dealer that you order through could still charge a markup on your car even if you do that. That's why it's important to find a dealer that won't try and pull the rug under you by the time the car arrives. There's a lot of that going on with new cars coming out right now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There's definitely going to be dealers offering that kind of a markup on the Type R. Though it's good that the dealer your friend owns doesn't do that.

Have you owned a Type R before or would this be the first?
would be my first but my 15th honda /acura
Ive had supercharged si’s moderated on tons of forums had an ep3 converted to jdm spec 20
Yrs ago
Im 42 and been retired 8 yrs currently have an aspec rdx so im due before i hit 50 lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm locked in at msrp. And am also a person that will have to finance most of it. How do people pay above msrp? Do banks finance 10-20k over retail?
It depends on the bank and its rules and policies. So for example we use banks that will finance 140% of MSRP. So if a car is 40k. They will finance 56k. Your credit history and other factors can impact that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry, it will be my first time buying from a dealer and financing. I guess what I'm asking is if I finance through Honda Financial, would there be any advantages / pros ? Never gone through this process of buy a new car before.

BTW I spoke with a sale person at my local Honda Dealer and told me a mark up of 7k-10k is a definite. Is there anyway for m to avoid this ? What are my options ? Much thanks for everyones input.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Check your banks rate or whatever you can get. That is the worst case scenario. If a dealer gets you a better then good.

7-10k hurts my soul. You can avoid it by finding another place that sells it for less.

·
Registered
FL5
6 Posts
Hey folks! Newly registered to the forums, I have put down a deposit with my salesguy and I cannot wait for this beauty to arrive in the near future.

Currently driving a Accord 2.0T ‘21 which will be sold prior to purchasing the FL5, and I do love the Accord

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry, it will be my first time buying from a dealer and financing. I guess what I'm asking is if I finance through Honda Financial, would there be any advantages / pros ? Never gone through this process of buy a new car before.

BTW I spoke with a sale person at my local Honda Dealer and told me a mark up of 7k-10k is a definite. Is there anyway for m to avoid this ? What are my options ? Much thanks for everyones input.
Like DadBod said, the only way to avoid it is try to find another dealer who might not do a markup, but that's rare imo given that these cars are popular and were gonna be marked up even outside of the supply chain issues. Now with supply chain issues, everyday regular cars are getting marked up so it'd be difficult, but not impossible (apparently).

·
Registered
4 Posts
yea all the dealers around me are planning to mark it up 😫

I read down in Australia, the dealer there have to sell at MSRP or set pricing. Must be nice !
theres a few off beaten path dealers ( like ohio) that have the 2023 type r no markup no accessories BUT have to be a ohio resident

Smart gm’s don even want to do the over msrp game better to get it in the showroom and have buyers outbid each other PLUS at launch who knows if you could get a nice low badge number and ebay some thirstbucket for it lol

patience saves pockets!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where have you guys been finding these dealers? I've emailed about 30 dealers and the "best deal" I've been given so far is if I put down 10% to reserve the car, I will only pay $15k over MSRP. I've had 2 dealerships tell me the mark ups are estimated to be $30-40k

21 - 40 of 43 Posts