11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Hood

Ok how many of you are on a waiting list for the type R with your dealer?
Did you put down any deposit?
Did you get any pricing in writing?

When I bought my 2022 civic Touring from my dealership I told the G.M I would buy the 2022 …if he gave me first shot on his 1st type R that came to his dealership and price at MSRP.
The G.M made that deal and we talk about that each time we see each other.
Now we will see what happens next. How about you what have you done so far ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
@Bob I went by my local dealerships and got on their unofficial lists. I got one of the dealerships to commit to a buyers order at MSRP + $895 of accessories. The other dealership salesman laughed at msrp but said he would call me as they were allocated in order to get my "hat in the ring."

·
Registered
4 Posts
I talked to the General Sales Manager in my dealership last March, he said he'll put me in the list, I didn't have to pay a deposit but I'm 4th in the list of that dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For my fellow UK peoples contacted a number of dealers, 2 fairly local were happy to take a £1000 deposit to be top of the list others just had unofficial waiting lists and no talks on pricing from any.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same here, £1000 deposit to be first on my local dealership's list. Am I right in thinking that UK dealership's can't add a markup over MSRP? Lots of talk of it in the US but not sure if it happens here, hopefully not!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I sell Hondas at a dealer. I decided today that I'm actually going to go through with it and get one. Figured now was the time to get a jump on it since the event in the 20th will stir up the pot and get leads coming in for the car immediately after. We are not large dealer so I can't be too sure we will get more than one annually.

There is no pricing from Honda yet. Typical Honda fashion is telling a price about a few weeks before launch.

·
Registered
19 Posts
@TickleMyDadBod so you're not expecting pricing info tomorrow?
Great screen name, btw!
No, I'm not... I could absolutely be wrong though. My reasoning behind this is that...

1. It is a '23 Model. You can't get pricing on a '23 model Civic of any trim.

2. Our last order which was last Monday informed us that this is the last of the '22 Honda Civic allocation. So the next order will be '23 as far as the Civic and Civic Si though it didn't make mention of the Type R.

3. I can see '22 Civic 5 doors being built as far as late August. That isn't to say that they are not still making them after that but that would require more digging. So let's say that '23 Honda Civics starts production in mid-September (Pure speculation). You are looking at October by the time they start to arrive at dealerships. So I'm guessing you are looking at mid-September by the time we will know what the pricing will be. Honda could surprise us all but it would not be very Honda-like to do so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just had a dealer call me that I was on the list for updates and they informed me the type rs that are allocated for them (they don’t have a number yet) will be sold at 15k over msrp with a 5k deposit…

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just had a dealer call me that I was on the list for updates and they informed me the type rs that are allocated for them (they don’t have a number yet) will be sold at 15k over msrp with a 5k deposit…
Wow. So crazy...

We will see what the Type R is and isn't tomorrow I guess... I simply can't play over retail for anything. I feel for those that do. I know the value of a dollar is different for each of us but the feeling of being taken advantage of is crushing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Put down a 1k deposit yesterday at my local dealer and I'm first on the list. They didn't get into specifics about markup, but they said "7.5k probably, we wanna move them quick and we don't wanna be crazy like some other dealers".

Other dealers have already told me they're planning a 15-20k markup. This being San Diego, markups are unavoidable.

I'm on a bunch of other informal "first come, first serve" lists, but nothing locked in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Put down a 1k deposit yesterday at my local dealer and I'm first on the list. They didn't get into specifics about markup, but they said "7.5k probably, we wanna move them quick and we don't wanna be crazy like some other dealers".

Other dealers have already told me they're planning a 15-20k markup. This being San Diego, markups are unavoidable.

I'm on a bunch of other informal "first come, first serve" lists, but nothing locked in.
You know tbh I’m okay with 7.5k especially with chip shortage, inflation, to a point it’s understandable. But geez 15-20k is insane

·
Registered
16 Posts
You know tbh I’m okay with 7.5k especially with chip shortage, inflation, to a point it’s understandable. But geez 15-20k is insane
yeah, I feel the same. I know some people are gonna talk about how you can find them at MSRP if you look hard enough and what not but then you're competing with everyone who wants it at MSRP. The 10th gen never got rid of the markups and that was pre-Covid/good times. I'm not gonna give in to 15k markups, but I'm prepared to spend some markup.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My friend owns a local Honda dealership that just sells everything at MSRP, even the type r but on popular ones they load in some accessories. I already hit him up telling him i want one of the first type r's he gets inbound (color that i want) and i'll even get accessories just to help out the sales guys/manager even though he said i dont have to.

Cant wait.

Meanwhile a friend whos a master tech at another local dealer said one guy is on the list and is willing to do 20k OVER msrp but i'll believe it when they actually show up

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
My friend owns a local Honda dealership that just sells everything at MSRP, even the type r but on popular ones they load in some accessories. I already hit him up telling him i want one of the first type r's he gets inbound (color that i want) and i'll even get accessories just to help out the sales guys/manager even though he said i dont have to.

Cant wait.

Meanwhile a friend whos a master tech at another local dealer said one guy is on the list and is willing to do 20k OVER msrp but i'll believe it when they actually show up
Welcome to the forum. I won't be surprised if that guy paying $20k over is a collector.
What color are you after?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts