11th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
How you guys feel about the power increase to 315? Think it should’ve been more or ok with that?
Good question I would personally say I am content with the increase. Of course we could always say we wish cars came with more horsepower I mean I wouldn't mind it but overall I am happy with the power figures I'm sure it was tuned in such a way that it all feels very balanced especially since the torque has changed I bet it also changes the way cornering feels since the power band seems to be a bit more linear than before and somehow Honda improved it's lsd....how I do not know because the fk8 was astonishing but im very curious as to what that black plate on the turbo inlet is and what purpose it serves.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Si
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Good question I would personally say I am content with the increase. Of course we could always say we wish cars came with more horsepower I mean I wouldn't mind it but overall I am happy with the power figures I'm sure it was tuned in such a way that it all feels very balanced especially since the torque has changed I bet it also changes the way cornering feels since the power band seems to be a bit more linear than before and somehow Honda improved it's lsd....how I do not know because the fk8 was astonishing but im very curious as to what that black plate on the turbo inlet is and what purpose it serves.
I’ve never driven a fk8 sadly but I’m content with it coming from the 200hp in the Si I think it’ll be a great jump.
I’m sure the hp and tuning in handling will match up perfect. A little more squeezed out can always be done with a tune so again not too upset about stock power.
I too am really curious about the black plate. Assuming it’s to help with cooling which from what I heard the fk8 has trouble with on track. Can’t wait to see how the aftermarket attacks this thing.

·
Registered
73 Posts
FK8's dyno around 290 hp at the wheel.
Applying 10% driveline lost for front wheel drive equals to around 319 hp.
So Honda is actually under reporting their horsepower figures for the FK8.
Honda will likely do the same for the FL5.
They claim 315 hp, but likely 330 hp out of the box.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am looking at picking up a Type R when they come out and went to my local Honda dealer to put my name on the list. I was all set to go but then found out about their $20,000 market adjustment. I understand that times have changed but I personally can't stomach what I would expect to be $55-65,000 for a Type R. Does any one know of a dealer in the D.C. Maryland area, give or take a hundred miles, taking reservations closer to MSRP, whatever that ends up being?

EDIT: If this does not belong here, please let me know and I will delete.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am looking at picking up a Type R when they come out and went to my local Honda dealer to put my name on the list. I was all set to go but then found out about their $20,000 market adjustment. I understand that times have changed but I personally can't stomach what I would expect to be $55-65,000 for a Type R. Does any one know of a dealer in the D.C. Maryland area, give or take a hundred miles, taking reservations closer to MSRP, whatever that ends up being?

Jeez louise 20k mark up. I live in the same area. Everyone was marking up the si 2-10k. I went to flow honda in burlington north carolina and got my si for msrp. I heard more south is the way to go.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Si
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Jeez louise 20k mark up. I live in the same area. Everyone was marking up the si 2-10k. I went to flow honda in burlington north carolina and got my si for msrp. I heard more south is the way to go.
20k markup is insane. At that price you’re in the territory of great driving and powerful cars.
Personally I’m willing to do 5k for an early car (depending on what MSRP is set at) but obviously I’m trying to get as close to MSRP.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Si
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hello everyone,

I wouldn’t be able to stomach that price either. I’ve been quoted anything from MSRP to $10k over. A few of the MSRP dealers I don’t 100% trust but we will see.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wouldn’t be able to stomach that price either. I’ve been quoted anything from MSRP to $10k over. A few of the MSRP dealers I don’t 100% trust but we will see.
Thanks all for the replies.

Yeah I am not paying that much for a Type R. My actual car I want is a 991.1 911 which can be had for $60-70k. I am trying to appease the wife by going with something cheaper but still fun.

Does anybody have a specific dealer that they've gotten to agree to $5k or less over MSRP? I'm willing to travel for this but I am originally from the west coast and have no familiarity with any regional dealers. Even if I have to fly to pick it up I'm okay with that.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I think that box is an air chamber or something along those lines.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Thanks all for the replies.

Yeah I am not paying that much for a Type R. My actual car I want is a 991.1 911 which can be had for $60-70k. I am trying to appease the wife by going with something cheaper but still fun.

Does anybody have a specific dealer that they've gotten to agree to $5k or less over MSRP? I'm willing to travel for this but I am originally from the west coast and have no familiarity with any regional dealers. Even if I have to fly to pick it up I'm okay with that.
I suggest starting with big dealers that sell a lot of cars. There's a good chance they will negotiate with you due to the higher allocation number. But the opposite could be true as well.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts