11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Civic Si
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Just thought I’d start a little chat to talk about thoughts/anything type r.

I just contacted the salesman who sold me my Si and he told me there was no real info on it but he’d keep me posted. Also said they would probably get their first one in around November so same time frame as my Si.

You hearing the same kind of things?

·
Registered
2022 Civic Si
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Making sure you all saw this thread with the Type R spec leak

Key figures:
  • Horsepower - 330 PS / 325 hp (6500 RPM)
  • Torque - 420 NM / 310 lb ft (2600 - 4000 RPM)
  • Weight - 1430 KG / 3152 pounds
  • Final Drive Ratio - 3.842
  • Tires - 265/30ZR19
Stats looking pretty good

·
Registered
2022 Civic Si
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey everyone just wanted to give my experience so far. I am located here in Orlando, FL and so far I’ve reached out to every single dealer from Miami all the way up to Sanford and everything from East to West. I have already dropped a deposit as I am second in line at my particular dealership and they have a dealer mark up of 5K but I’m not giving them my money just for nothing so we have agreed so far on the following accessories, Red Mirror Caps, Floor Mats, Trunk Mat, Tinting, and extended warranty. Yes I do have it all in writing so it’s just a matter of time but with all the other dealerships there has been talks about deposits ranging anywhere from $500-$2500 depending on the dealership but for example one dealer said it will be a $2500 mark up on top of the deposit (being $2500) but they already have 3 people who have already put a deposit down. My only worry is getting the color I desire and at a justifiable price. Fortunately I am second in line at the dealership I placed a deposit under so fingers crossed !!
Dealers I’ve contacted have said anywhere from MSRP to $10k. As of right now I’m just waiting for the best opportunity for myself for deposit and markup. I hope to get one around spring time since I won’t really drive it much in the winter.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Si
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good luck! Hope you get your championship white. I think that’s the best color combo imo. I’m hoping to get one in crystal black. I have a black Si now and a black rsx, trying to keep the theme

·
Registered
2022 Civic Si
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you brother ! The crystal black looks very menacing I believe King Motorsports Unlimited got their hands on one at least in the shop if you haven't seen already but definitely looks very mean/aggressive. A trifecta coming soon drop some pics when you get all 3 together would love to see it !!
For sure I will! I actually just got a call from the dealer I bought my Si from a few minutes ago. They updated me saying they still have no information when they could get one but are now assuming it not to be until early next year. Originally they were hoping late November early December since that’s when they got my Si. We’ll see tho. I was told I have first dibs on the first one they get.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Si
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Good question I would personally say I am content with the increase. Of course we could always say we wish cars came with more horsepower I mean I wouldn't mind it but overall I am happy with the power figures I'm sure it was tuned in such a way that it all feels very balanced especially since the torque has changed I bet it also changes the way cornering feels since the power band seems to be a bit more linear than before and somehow Honda improved it's lsd....how I do not know because the fk8 was astonishing but im very curious as to what that black plate on the turbo inlet is and what purpose it serves.
I’ve never driven a fk8 sadly but I’m content with it coming from the 200hp in the Si I think it’ll be a great jump.
I’m sure the hp and tuning in handling will match up perfect. A little more squeezed out can always be done with a tune so again not too upset about stock power.
I too am really curious about the black plate. Assuming it’s to help with cooling which from what I heard the fk8 has trouble with on track. Can’t wait to see how the aftermarket attacks this thing.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Si
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Jeez louise 20k mark up. I live in the same area. Everyone was marking up the si 2-10k. I went to flow honda in burlington north carolina and got my si for msrp. I heard more south is the way to go.
20k markup is insane. At that price you’re in the territory of great driving and powerful cars.
Personally I’m willing to do 5k for an early car (depending on what MSRP is set at) but obviously I’m trying to get as close to MSRP.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Si
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hello everyone,

I am looking at picking up a Type R when they come out and went to my local Honda dealer to put my name on the list. I was all set to go but then found out about their $20,000 market adjustment. I understand that times have changed but I personally can't stomach what I would expect to be $55-65,000 for a Type R. Does any one know of a dealer in the D.C. Maryland area, give or take a hundred miles, taking reservations closer to MSRP, whatever that ends up being?

EDIT: If this does not belong here, please let me know and I will delete.
I wouldn’t be able to stomach that price either. I’ve been quoted anything from MSRP to $10k over. A few of the MSRP dealers I don’t 100% trust but we will see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts