11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upon driving the car from a slow speed or dead stop, as I accelerate, there is a “rattle” that sounds like it is coming from underneath the car. It sounds like a loose exhaust pipe. My husband says it is the turbo, but I don’t think so. Haven’t had a chance to take the car into the dealership. Anyone else notice something like this?

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring
43 Posts
Upon driving the car from a slow speed or dead stop, as I accelerate, there is a “rattle” that sounds like it is coming from underneath the car. It sounds like a loose exhaust pipe. My husband says it is the turbo, but I don’t think so. Haven’t had a chance to take the car into the dealership. Anyone else notice something like this?
I have a 2022 touring and there is ZERO rattle and is smooth as butter. No way it’s the “turbo” lol take it to the dealer and let them ride with you so u can show them the noise

·
Registered
55 Posts
…there is a “rattle” that sounds like it is coming from underneath the car. It sounds like a loose exhaust pipe. My husband says it is the turbo, but I don’t think so…
Because it’s a brand new car, I‘d first rule out the license plate and/or license plate cover. If not tightened flush against the back, plates (especially with metal covers) can rattle loud when driving. Hopefully it’s nothing more than that. Easy fix.

Failing that as the cause, look underneath the side/back of the car and feel if anything has too much give or seems loose. As stated above, take back to dealer if it persists. Tell us what happened either way, someone else may have the same issue in the future and find this forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts