11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With other automakers already showing new cars could the new si be delayed? Does anyone have any info on it?

·
Registered
688 Posts
With other automakers already showing new cars could the new si be delayed? Does anyone have any info on it?
As far as I know the Si is on track

Here's some info on when they expect it to be out

On sale in October.

And with the hatch being seen a lot lately, it seems on track for Sept on sale, so we're in good shape!

·
Registered
2019 Honda Civic Coupe EX - Aegean Blue
183 Posts
If I was to take a guess, the Hatches will probably go on sale early September... then Honda will reveal the Si a week or two after for a late October on-sale release.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recieved a call from my dealer today saying that the 2022 Si production has been paused due to the chip shortage? They were saying they don't think the Si's will hit dealerships in October anymore. Has anyone heard anything about this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wouldnt be surprised if they paused production as we found out that the hatch was also getting delayed and that the hatch would see a 40% reduced production. My guess is that the si will probably come out november december time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wouldnt be surprised if they paused production as we found out that the hatch was also getting delayed and that the hatch would see a 40% reduced production. My guess is that the si will probably come out november december time.
Yup I heard that as well. Sounds like a reasonable timeline. I just wish they would at least reveal it with pricing and all at least.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup I heard that as well. Sounds like a reasonable timeline. I just wish they would at least reveal it with pricing and all at least.
Thats what doesnt make sense you have brands that are showing off new models that are going to reach dealers in late fall/ winter while honda hasnt showed anything when originally they were supposed to reach dealers in october. Idk i guess they might think that they dont have to make a big reveal or something and just post some pictures with no hype for an event a week or two before it goes on sale

1 - 7 of 7 Posts