11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Pics are useful online, people just respond better.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sounds like a flip to me
A flip that’s gonna fail if that’s what it is. If it’s the guy from Reddit and he’s not fibbing he paid close to that for it new. These prices are gonna end next year, 2024 at worst. I felt like I got raped at $34k otd with accessories on one with 6 miles on it. I couldn’t imagine paying $38k for one.

·
Registered
80 Posts
OP, if you owe $38k and that’s all you can take on it, you’re not gonna get any love here. If you owe less, Carmax or Carvana would probably write you a check for it on the spot…at $30k, which is still absolutely bonkers. You’re in the wrong place trying to sell a $28k used car for a $10k mark up. Sorry, it’s just reality. I’m not trying to be a dick.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just purchased a brand new vehicle for my son who was graduating college this year it was going to be a surprise not knowing he's pursuing his doctrine so no need for the car that's why it's for sale.

Vin 2HGFE1E50NH475951

Under 100 miles

Sale price is 38,000.00

I'm located in central Jersey NJ

Please post the address of where the car is at....we will take care of it for you.

·
Registered
89 Posts
When I checked the car buying sites this week for my current trade, they were paying significantly less than they were 2 months ago. The used market seems to be on the decline.

This smells like a quick flip for profit coupled with a hundred miles of hard driving to have some fun with it first.

If you did pay that much, then you are probably better off keeping it and getting every mile you can out of it for that money. It is very fuel efficient. Even if someone "takes care of it", insurance will only pay out on market value. You may still be under water.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If I was going to pay $10k over msrp I would prefer to pay that to a dealership and get a brand new one. Nobody in their right mind will pay $10k over msrp for a used car.
This is probably why dealers have the crazy markups that they do. People buying MSRP just to flip them, so the dealer wants in on the profit. I don't blame dealers for the way the market is right now, considering people are actually paying these prices. It's just how a free market works. And I agree, buying from a dealer is much more reliable and trustworthy than some random stranger who creates a new account just to post a flip.

·
Registered
553 Posts
This is probably why dealers have the crazy markups that they do. People buying MSRP just to flip them, so the dealer wants in on the profit. I don't blame dealers for the way the market is right now, considering people are actually paying these prices. It's just how a free market works. And I agree, buying from a dealer is much more reliable and trustworthy than some random stranger who creates a new account just to post a flip.
No the crazy prices are primarily driven because there's no inventory,factories shutting down and parts scarcity is making things difficult.
Ford and Chevy still have thousands of unfinished trucks sitting around lots because of parts shortages. Honda instead of building cars and parking then unfinished,turned down production to keep up with their supply rather than run out. That's why we have sgp everything right now. It's a surplus color and easy to make whereas a lot of the toners required for the reds and silvers and blues aren't as available. Sgp is a rather simple color so that's why you can basically get the entire Honda lineup right now in sgp. Something never ever before in the Honda lineup. The price gouging is a bit much but it ain't the first time it's happened. The type r's were doing it pre pandemic. Very few dealers sold at MSRP. That's due to rarity rather than demand or flipping.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No the crazy prices are primarily driven because there's no inventory,factories shutting down and parts scarcity is making things difficult.
Ford and Chevy still have thousands of unfinished trucks sitting around lots because of parts shortages. Honda instead of building cars and parking then unfinished,turned down production to keep up with their supply rather than run out. That's why we have sgp everything right now. It's a surplus color and easy to make whereas a lot of the toners required for the reds and silvers and blues aren't as available. Sgp is a rather simple color so that's why you can basically get the entire Honda lineup right now in sgp. Something never ever before in the Honda lineup. The price gouging is a bit much but it ain't the first time it's happened. The type r's were doing it pre pandemic. Very few dealers sold at MSRP. That's due to rarity rather than demand or flipping.
I understand the economics of this market. What I was implying was that people are going around buying for MSRP, taking additional inventory out of the market, and marking it up for a quick flip which in turn increases prices further by decreasing MSRP stock. So then dealers can self-justify even higher prices.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts