11th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Cool, but the front end looks too much like the 10th-gen Type R.

Going body-colored with the part of the front end the emblem is attached to can help.
Yeah that would fix a lot. With this rendering I really like the way they shaped the back end.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just do not see gen11 converted to muscle car (type R). gen11 is designed be your everyday driver and/or downsized Accord for those who do not need full size car.
Gen10 type R was immediately recognized with its very aggressive design. Adding that wing (spoiler) at the back makes it just kind of weird - like adding spoiler to Smart car. Type R should be immediately recognized so way more facelift and buttlift is needed to be such.
Nope, I would stay with Touring gen11 and if you need more power most likely some mod guys will come up with some chips or whatever.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Civic Coupe EX - Aegean Blue
124 Posts
I think this is probably the most accurate to what we will see (other than the hood scoop being too far up the hood compared to the spy shots and the larger fender flares seen in those shots as well). Its got an appropriate amount of added flare without regressing into the 10th gen style which bordered on too much (it was appropriate for the overall style of the 10th gen tho). This looks appropriate given the more mature look of the 11th gen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think the white will be it. They are going very simple this gen with the civic. So a red badge, black wing, rims and red brakes, will be it for the outside. Everything else will be interior and engine. I don't think the Type R will jump out from a distance as the 10th gen did. A 11th gen type R and a person that has done some after market will look a lot a like. It won't see the difference until the 2 cars are on the track or you are setting in the red interior.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts