11th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
The road noise level from the tires in my Touring are quite loud.
Yes, I noticed it on the test drive but decided to buy the car anyway. My 2020 EXL was by no means a quiet car either. It had 17" wheels and noisy Firestone tires with awful reviews which I also considered replacing. Going to the Michelin tire helped reduce road noise considerably but at the expense of some handling. Those Goodyear Eagle Sport's do handle nice they're just noisy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Been driving on my new Michelin Primacy Tour A/S Grand Touring all season tires for a week now. Much quieter and smoother than the factory Goodyear Eagle Sports. The Goodyear's did corner a little flatter and faster into a turn but the new Michelin's improved the overall driving experience, mostly less noise with a softer ride. Hit a heavy rain yesterday and it was sure footed on all road surfaces (concrete & asphalt pavement). I know its hard to justify new tires on a new car but worth the upgrade to me.
I have driven about 600 miles on the new Michelin's so I can give you a pretty good assessment now. While they seem smooth & quiet on newer paved roads the level of noise is still pretty high on older roads or concrete roads. If things become uneven the ride can get uncomfortable. They squirm and wander more than the Goodyear's did. My first impression was pretty good but now that I'm settling in I wished I'd stayed with the Goodyear's. I read the Michelin owners manual which say's they will allow you to exchange them for a new set of tires (within 60 days). I'll see if I can go to the Bridgestone Quiettracks. I can say this without hesitation, the OEM Goodyear's handle better, if only they could get the noise level down. I guess you can't expect much from a 40 series tall tire.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I have driven about 600 miles on the new Michelin's so I can give you a pretty good assessment now. While they seem smooth & quiet on newer paved roads the level of noise is still pretty high on older roads or concrete roads. If things become uneven the ride can get uncomfortable. They squirm and wander more than the Goodyear's did. My first impression was pretty good but now that I'm settling in I wished I'd stayed with the Goodyear's. I read the Michelin owners manual which say's they will allow you to exchange them for a new set of tires (within 60 days). I'll see if I can go to the Bridgestone Quiettracks. I can say this without hesitation, the OEM Goodyear's handle better, if only they could get the noise level down. I guess you can't expect much from a 40 series tall tire.
Purchased the Bridgestone Quiettracks last week
Much quieter then the goodyears. But the ride is still on the harsh side as u said due to the 40 series.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Purchased the Bridgestone Quiettracks last week
Much quieter then the goodyears. But the ride is still on the harsh side as u said due to the 40 series.
I stopped by and had a long chat with my tire guy. He told me they give me a 30-day satisfaction guarantee no matter what Michelin says (kudos to Discount Tire Co) so I'm thinking about trying the Quiettracks. The manager says he's had some complaints with the Primacy series tires from Michelin. He told me the Quiettrack is a Premium tire and I should be happy with it. Several of his Tesla customers swear by them and he also mentioned a Continental tire too (I forget which model). Told me if I didn't like the Quiettracks they'll put me in that Continental. Talk about service.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I stopped by and had a long chat with my tire guy. He told me they give me a 30-day satisfaction guarantee no matter what Michelin says (kudos to Discount Tire Co) so I'm thinking about trying the Quiettracks. The manager says he's had some complaints with the Primacy series tires from Michelin. He told me the Quiettrack is a Premium tire and I should be happy with it. Several of his Tesla customers swear by them and he also mentioned a Continental tire too (I forget which model). Told me if I didn't like the Quiettracks they'll put me in that Continental. Talk about service.
Hi Pat - great dealer ! Good luck sir....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All
My 2022 Touring came with Goodyears
I found them choppy and noisy relative to my previous 2020 Honda Insight
Your Tires ?
Happy with them ?
I hate my tires…My car has so much road noise it’s unbelievable. Thinking of changing to Bridgestone Quiet Tracks.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts