Hi All
My 2022 Touring came with Goodyears
I found them choppy and noisy relative to my previous 2020 Honda Insight
Your Tires ?
Happy with them ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
My tires are super noisy. First thing I noticed when got it home and settled in with the car. Mine are Goodyears as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Goodyears also, but I'm so used to my 09 Element (which I tend to wait to rotate after they go square), that I just crank up the Bose! Actually they are a tad noisy. Hopefully the reason is a harder compound and they'll last a little longer than most of the original equipped tires supplied in the past.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Goodyear's too. Very noisy. I guess that's the predominant tire of the Touring. I'm already contemplating what replacement tire to go with. Unfortunately a 40 series is limited when it comes to a Grand Touring tire. I might have to go to a 45 series tire to get more choices but I'm not sure they'll fit. The Goodyear's do handle well though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Goodyear's too. Very noisy. I guess that's the predominant tire of the Touring. I'm already contemplating what replacement tire to go with. Unfortunately a 40 series is limited when it comes to a Grand Touring tire. I might have to go to a 45 series tire to get more choices but I'm not sure they'll fit. The Goodyear's do handle well though.
I have been looking at the Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack - great reviews on tire rack, etc. Also thinking about the 45 series - only adds 1" to the overall diameter - Tire rack tecs say most likely will not be a problem - also the 45 series is less expensive then the 40 series ??

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have been looking at the Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack - great reviews on tire rack, etc. Also thinking about the 45 series - only adds 1" to the overall diameter - Tire rack tecs say most likely will not be a problem - also the 45 series is less expensive then the 40 series ??
Check with your dealership before you make a change in your tires O.D ...just a heads up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes the Bridgestone Quiettrack tire seems like a good choice if you're not in a snowy area which I'm not but boy are they pricy. It does come in the 40 series though. The one I was eyeing is the Pirelli P7 Centurato A/S Plus 2 but it only comes in the 45 series. There is a tire from Vredstein that Tire Rack sells that comes in a 40 series and has good reviews across the board (including snow). I'm not sure why we'd have to check with our dealership before going to a 45 series tire. I usually use Discount tire and would get their advice and probably trial fit one first but I'm not ready to swap them out yet. The Goodyear's seem to be a good tire and from what I've read they wear pretty good. On smooth roads they're not bad.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yes the Bridgestone Quiettrack tire seems like a good choice if you're not in a snowy area which I'm not but boy are they pricy. It does come in the 40 series though. The one I was eyeing is the Pirelli P7 Centurato A/S Plus 2 but it only comes in the 45 series. There is a tire from Vredstein that Tire Rack sells that comes in a 40 series and has good reviews across the board (including snow). I'm not sure why we'd have to check with our dealership before going to a 45 series tire. I usually use Discount tire and would get their advice and probably trial fit one first but I'm not ready to swap them out yet. The Goodyear's seem to be a good tire and from what I've read they wear pretty good. On smooth roads they're not bad.
Only ... if you change the O.D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Only ... if you change the O.D
I guess I need to be educated. Going from a 40 to a 45 series will increase the OD about .93 inch. This puts the speedometer off about 2mph but not sure why I would need to check with my dealership first. Please enlighten me.....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi All
My 2022 Touring came with Goodyears
I found them choppy and noisy relative to my previous 2020 Honda Insight
Your Tires ?
Happy with them ?
my civic is Ex has Firestone FT140 tires the noise is minimal. this ex is made in japan
20210622_074321.jpg
20210621_094834.jpg

·
Registered
45 Posts
my civic is Ex has Firestone FT140 tires the noise is minimal. this ex is made in japan View attachment 2537 View attachment 2536
I had those Firestones on my 2020 EX-L. They were pretty noisy on the roads around here. I only had 12,000 miles on them when I traded and they were wearing well. The reviews on Tire Rack for that tire are pretty dismal. Not sure where you live but if it snows be careful. We get a dusting maybe 3 or 4 times but last few years not even that. Consider the Pirelli P7 Centurato A/S Plus 2 when you're ready for a new tire. Great reviews and quiet. Price good too.

So they make the EX in Japan huh? Mine was built in Canada.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had Pirellis, nice quiet ride, and good mileage, but when their second winter arrived, with may be 15k into their life, they turned out to be atrocious, horrible braking, and poor traction. Of course that was an old car, no ABS, no stability/traction control, but still.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I guess I need to be educated. Going from a 40 to a 45 series will increase the OD about .93 inch. This puts the speedometer off about 2mph but not sure why I would need to check with my dealership first. Please enlighten me.....
If you have the computer recalibrated by the dealership then there will not be any issue and they can’t come up with any reason why to void any warranty issues. It is just CYA.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had Pirellis, nice quiet ride, and good mileage, but when their second winter arrived, with may be 15k into their life, they turned out to be atrocious, horrible braking, and poor traction. Of course that was an old car, no ABS, no stability/traction control, but still.
I don't think all Pirelli's are considered equal. Some of their models have poor reviews but the P7 Centurato A/S Plus 2 is a good one. They just don't make a 235-40-18 for the Touring.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you have the computer recalibrated by the dealership then there will not be any issue and they can’t come up with any reason why to void any warranty issues. It is just CYA.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Wouldn't think something so minor would affect the warranty. I plan to ride on the Goodyear's for awhile.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Been driving on my new Michelin Primacy Tour A/S Grand Touring all season tires for a week now. Much quieter and smoother than the factory Goodyear Eagle Sports. The Goodyear's did corner a little flatter and faster into a turn but the new Michelin's improved the overall driving experience, mostly less noise with a softer ride. Hit a heavy rain yesterday and it was sure footed on all road surfaces (concrete & asphalt pavement). I know its hard to justify new tires on a new car but worth the upgrade to me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Been driving on my new Michelin Primacy Tour A/S Grand Touring all season tires for a week now. Much quieter and smoother than the factory Goodyear Eagle Sports. The Goodyear's did corner a little flatter and faster into a turn but the new Michelin's improved the overall driving experience, mostly less noise with a softer ride. Hit a heavy rain yesterday and it was sure footed on all road surfaces (concrete & asphalt pavement). I know its hard to justify new tires on a new car but worth the upgrade to me.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring (Rally Red)
37 Posts
The road noise level from the tires in my Touring are quite loud.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts