11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2022 Honda Civic sport and after driving about a few hundred miles I noticed the steering wheel didn’t feel centered as I owned a 2020 model prior. The steering wheel feels like it’s more canted to the right slightly. I took it in for an alignment and the guy just drove it through the Hunter quick alignment and said it didn’t have any issues. Which would lead me to believe maybe the steering wheel isn’t centered. I checked the PDI and it shows the technican at delivery checked that the steering wheel was centered. Anybody have any suggestions? I would like to atleast get an idea and see if anybody else has had this problem?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had this issue on a 21 Corolla hatchback, I took it to a local alignment place that centered it perfectly in 10 minutes. I would avoid going to the dealer since they inept at everything

·
Registered
11 Posts
I recently bought a 2022 Honda Civic sport and after driving about a few hundred miles I noticed the steering wheel didn’t feel centered as I owned a 2020 model prior. The steering wheel feels like it’s more canted to the right slightly. I took it in for an alignment and the guy just drove it through the Hunter quick alignment and said it didn’t have any issues. Which would lead me to believe maybe the steering wheel isn’t centered. I checked the PDI and it shows the technican at delivery checked that the steering wheel was centered. Anybody have any suggestions? I would like to atleast get an idea and see if anybody else has had this problem?
no big deal, this is very common and is why Honda offers you 1 free alignment the first 12 months/12,000 miles. I’d wait until yours trusts and springs settle in before you use you’re free alignment.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Have the dealer check it. Is it off-center all the time on all roads ? Some roads have a natural crest to them for drainage, and it can cause the steering wheel to be slightly off at certain times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts