11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked up my brand new 2022 civic sport yesterday and I'm having an issue playing music wirelessly via bluetooth. The wired carplay works fine with no issues but the wireless bluetooth connection seems pretty glitchy. The music would stop every 5 minutes or so. I sent the dealership an email with a request for service and hopefully they might figure something out to settle the issue

·
Registered
34 Posts
what phone are you using? did you try to delete the device from the bluetooth memory and re pair it?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I haven’t tried to play any music via Bluetooth but my SiriusXM with CarPlay is pretty awful. It is glitchy and sometimes slow and the channels won’t show up sometimes. Not sure if this is from opening the app on my phone first or what. Maybe I should just open the app through CarPlay and see if it’s better. Car is 2022 EX and phone is iPhone 12 Pro Max.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what phone are you using? did you try to delete the device from the bluetooth memory and re pair it?
I have an iphone 11 pro. I've tried everything from deleting the device recognition from both the infotainment and my phone, I did reset the infotainment to factory settings, I did hard reset my phone, anything that could be done regarding the connectivity I did. After all that it still hangs when I play music on bluetooth. It never happens when I'm on carplay mode although at some point when playing music via carplay the music would pop/hang for a milisecond but it's really rare

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven’t tried to play any music via Bluetooth but my SiriusXM with CarPlay is pretty awful. It is glitchy and sometimes slow and the channels won’t show up sometimes. Not sure if this is from opening the app on my phone first or what. Maybe I should just open the app through CarPlay and see if it’s better. Car is 2022 EX and phone is iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Would you mind trying music via bluetooth on your free time and let me know if you experience something similar. I know for a fact that I'm not the only one that's experiencing this issue as I did my own research and found people on several threads that are having the same issue. It's just sad considering I just got the vehicle a day a go and I'm having issues already :(

·
Registered
34 Posts
Would you mind trying music via bluetooth on your free time and let me know if you experience something similar. I know for a fact that I'm not the only one that's experiencing this issue as I did my own research and found people on several threads that are having the same issue. It's just sad considering I just got the vehicle a day a go and I'm having issues already :(
I’m in here now using Bluetooth with phone unplugged. I haven’t had any complete stopping problems yet but there is a split second pause about every 30 seconds. Yeah that’s annoying.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m in here now using Bluetooth with phone unplugged. I haven’t had any complete stopping problems yet but there is a split second pause about every 30 seconds. Yeah that’s annoying.
That's what I was talking about. The music would skip every now and then. It's just a matter of when. I knew it's not just me having this issue. Do you think a software or firmware update would fix this problem?

·
Registered
34 Posts
That's what I was talking about. The music would skip every now and then. It's just a matter of when. I knew it's not just me having this issue. Do you think a software or firmware update would fix this problem?
Honestly I have no clue how Honda does updates to their computer systems but I will research it. Last car was an 03 civic so it didn’t have any of this stuff!

I figured it would be somewhere in here
Subscriptions, Downloads and Updates | Honda Owners Site
but our car isn’t listed on that as an update yet. I suggest using CarPlay for now even though you need a cord for it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Honestly I have no clue how Honda does updates to their computer systems but I will research it. Last car was an 03 civic so it didn’t have any of this stuff!

I figured it would be somewhere in here
Subscriptions, Downloads and Updates | Honda Owners Site
but our car isn’t listed on that as an update yet. I suggest using CarPlay for now even though you need a cord for it.
I guess we're gonna have to stick with cabled carplay for now. Hey please do let me know if by any chance you stumble upon a fix. I've also booked an appointment this coming Thursday at the dealership so they can have a look at it. I'll leave you an update regarding on that too

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an iphone 11 pro. I've tried everything from deleting the device recognition from both the infotainment and my phone, I did reset the infotainment to factory settings, I did hard reset my phone, anything that could be done regarding the connectivity I did. After all that it still hangs when I play music on bluetooth. It never happens when I'm on carplay mode although at some point when playing music via carplay the music would pop/hang for a milisecond but it's really rare
I did the same thing tonight on factory settings! May I know what is the code to punch in after the hard reset? It ask me a Pin Code ;(

·
Registered
34 Posts
I did the same thing tonight on factory settings! May I know what is the code to punch in after the hard reset? It ask me a Pin Code ;(
No one can tell you the pin except your dealership as it is unique. You can obtain from Honda owners website too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts