11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My guess is that it's going to be the same 205 horsepower and 192 lb-ft of torque as the 2020 Si. If there is a power increase I can't see it being much higher than this.

Is anyone expecting to see a power increase for the new Si when Honda reveals it?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Although the 2022 Civic Si power and torque might not increase by much over the 2020 model, Honda could improve the powerband. There are also other areas they can improve on that builds on changes we'll notice even with the LX. I actually think these will make the biggest difference:

"Honda claims an 8 percent increase in torsional rigidity and a 13 percent increase in bending rigidity, complementing new low-friction ball joints on the front MacPherson struts and front damper bearings. A new front subframe is both lighter and stiffer, and the rear track is widened by 0.5 inch for additional stability. Along with revised suspension damping in the front and rear, the electric steering is recalibrated for more responsiveness, according to Honda. So, expect the new car to drive even better, even if you stick with the base car."

·
Registered
2019 Honda Civic Coupe EX - Aegean Blue
183 Posts
I think we could see a slight power bump in line with the regular 1.5T... 5-10hp at most... 210-215... possibly a small torque bump to 198. But they might just keep that the same.

I would've hoped that they'd benchmark the Veloster Turbo's performance which falls a few tenths quicker than the 10th gen Si (even more so with the DCT). But shaving off a couple of tenths wouldn't be too horribly difficult with some mild tweaks... I remember reading that in the current Si, you had to shift from 2nd to 3rd right before you hit 60, which ultimately slowed the car down in that performance metric. If they could have the car hit 60 without having to shift to 3rd, (higher rpm limit?) that would probably be enough to shave off that extra time.

Even without any extra oomph in acceleration it will probably handle even better tho, which honestly, matters more than straight line speed to most enthusiasts in the sport compact segment I think.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm hoping for a bump closer to 220 hp but I doubt that will happen. I was really surprised that they kept it the same when they went from NA to turbo in the 10th gen.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think we could see a slight power bump in line with the regular 1.5T... 5-10hp at most... 210-215... possibly a small torque bump to 198. But they might just keep that the same.

I would've hoped that they'd benchmark the Veloster Turbo's performance which falls a few tenths quicker than the 10th gen Si (even more so with the DCT). But shaving off a couple of tenths wouldn't be too horribly difficult with some mild tweaks... I remember reading that in the current Si, you had to shift from 2nd to 3rd right before you hit 60, which ultimately slowed the car down in that performance metric. If they could have the car hit 60 without having to shift to 3rd, (higher rpm limit?) that would probably be enough to shave off that extra time.

Even without any extra oomph in acceleration it will probably handle even better tho, which honestly, matters more than straight line speed to most enthusiasts in the sport compact segment I think.
I'm hoping for a bump closer to 220 hp but I doubt that will happen. I was really surprised that they kept it the same when they went from NA to turbo in the 10th gen.
I'm hoping that Honda proves me wrong and they do open up the Si some more. With everything turning to hybrid and electric now's the time for them to have some fun with the Si.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wish they would do that too but I have a feeling they want to keep a pretty large HP gap between the Si & Type R. That's just me thinking out loud though... I'm probably totally wrong..that's what my wife would say anyways.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wish they would do that too but I have a feeling they want to keep a pretty large HP gap between the Si & Type R. That's just me thinking out loud though... I'm probably totally wrong..that's what my wife would say anyways.
Well there's a simple solution to this. They raise the HP of the Si AND Type R and keep the gap similar. That way everyone is a winner. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts