11th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There will be 4 different versions to choose from in the Civic’s lineup. It includes the new Civic sedan, hatchback, Si, and Type R.

The Civic sedan will be the first model to launch in late Spring 2021. Honda hasn’t announced when the rest of the lineup will reach dealers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There will be 4 different versions to choose from in the Civic’s lineup. It includes the new Civic sedan, hatchback, Si, and Type R.

The Civic sedan will be the first model to launch in late Spring 2021. Honda hasn’t announced when the rest of the lineup will reach dealers.
Anxiously awaiting the 11th Gen. Civic Si...I am hoping the build quality in Ohio will be as good as Canada has been for me for the past 14 years. (I think I read somewhere that the 11 Gen. including the Si models will be made in OH now?)
I currently have a 8th Gen. 2007 Civic Sdn Si with 233K miles on it, just replaced original clutch at 229K. Other than that, no engine or transmission issues...just regular maintenance.

-Aaron

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anxiously awaiting the 11th Gen. Civic Si...I am hoping the build quality in Ohio will be as good as Canada has been for me for the past 14 years. (I think I read somewhere that the 11 Gen. including the Si models will be made in OH now?)
I currently have a 8th Gen. 2007 Civic Sdn Si with 233K miles on it, just replaced original clutch at 229K. Other than that, no engine or transmission issues...just regular maintenance.

-Aaron
Welcome to the forum @aaron5150! So far it looks like the Civic hatch will be assembled in Indiana. It isn't clear yet about where the Si or Type R will be built. But Honda has also spent a bunch of money on their Ohio engine plant.

What you looking for in the new Si?

·
Registered
386 Posts

-Aaron
Sounds like a Honda to me!

Welcome to the forum btw. Can't wait for this car to arrive as well. I feel like Honda has been keeping it low key.

·
Registered
393 Posts

-Aaron
Welcome @aaron5150!

The Hatchback is also headed to Ohio for production from what I heard. With all that Honda has depending on it, I doubt there will be much concern about build quality.
Any specific things you hope to see in the 11th Gen Civic Si?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome @aaron5150!

The Hatchback is also headed to Ohio for production from what I heard. With all that Honda has depending on it, I doubt there will be much concern about build quality.
Any specific things you hope to see in the 11th Gen Civic Si?
A cable e-brake please! Haha just excited to finally get a car, let alone one that’s such an upgrade from my ‘06 LX. Are interior shots available.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What I MOST look forward to is ease of oil change with an access panel door for drain plug and filter location...same as my other Honda 2014 CRV-EX, VERY simple...
My 2007 Si Sdn is a real pain as I have to take off the passenger side tire to get more space to get to the filter in a just horrible location in the engine.
There is a "special tool" from Honda I purchased, it helps with the small pan to lay the filter on with a tube that comes off of it to drain the oil.
But I still end up making a small spill that the cardboard box underneath helps.

What do you guys make of this "oil dillution" problem with Honda turbo engines?
Now I am starting to second guess now...Is this a real problem that the Youtuber Scotty Kilmer talks about?
Anyone smelled fuel in their oil when doing changes?
What is the highest mileage people have with an Si 1.5 ltr. turbo engine?

Thanks in advance,

-Aaron

·
Registered
61 Posts
What I MOST look forward to is ease of oil change with an access panel door for drain plug and filter location...
I used to change the oil myself. But even if I wait for Costco sale, synthetic comes out at something like $3/qt, + drain gasket, filter, having to recycle. Dealer charges me $27 after the coupon.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts

This may be a bit of a stretch but since they got rid of the coupé I’m hoping they might shift their focus onto a Si Hatchback. It would be so great to have a quick and peppy Si hatchback. fingers toes arms and legs crossed 🤞🏼

·
Registered
5 Posts
I used to change the oil myself. But even if I wait for Costco sale, synthetic comes out at something like $3/qt, + drain gasket, filter, having to recycle. Dealer charges me $27 after the coupon.
For Full Synthetic or Synthetic Blend? Yep, $27 is cheap. I stopped the local Honda dealer doing my oil around 100K when I saw the oil bolt plug being rounded. I suspect some of the techs are rushed
(low pay) or inexperienced (combination). I started doing myself not so much to save money but to know it's getting done right... There is a reason I have 234K on a 2007 Honda Civic Si.

-Aaron

·
Registered
61 Posts
For Full Synthetic or Synthetic Blend? Yep, $27 is cheap. I stopped the local Honda dealer doing my oil around 100K when I saw the oil bolt plug being rounded. I suspect some of the techs are rushed
(low pay) or inexperienced (combination). I started doing myself not so much to save money but to know it's getting done right... There is a reason I have 234K on a 2007 Honda Civic Si.

-Aaron
Probably a loss leader - they do try to sell other services.

·
Registered
386 Posts
This may be a bit of a stretch but since they got rid of the coupé I’m hoping they might shift their focus onto a Si Hatchback. It would be so great to have a quick and peppy Si hatchback. fingers toes arms and legs crossed 🤞🏼
It makes sense to me. They've had Si hatches in the past.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yes just hope it wouldn't (probably not...) be the 05' model type with the shifter in the center console, what a weird design / location...
View attachment 716
Looks super strange, but if you get the seating position right, it feels fine to drive.

I had a Mazda5 with a manual shifter on the dash and it was actually quite good. Never driven the old EP3 though.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome to the forum @SWIMS! I hope so too and they don't limit the Si to the sedan.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Welcome to the forum @SWIMS! I hope so too and they don't limit the Si to the sedan.
Thank you I’m glad to be here! I’m planning on making an in depth post about the Hatchback Si topic sometime within three days. Hopefully sometime soon some positive information comes up about it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you I’m glad to be here! I’m planning on making an in depth post about the Hatchback Si topic sometime within three days. Hopefully sometime soon some positive information comes up about it.
I look forward to reading it. Which Civics have you owned before?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts