11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda Canada shared some information about how the pricing will breakdown in Canada.

Markham, ON. June 16, 2021 – Honda’s best Civic Sedan ever arrives at Honda dealerships nationwide today. The all-new 2022 Civic Sedan features a sporty exterior, a simple, clean interior, fun-to-drive dynamics, advanced technologies, enhanced safety performance and overall tremendous value. Civic LX has a starting Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP)1 of $24,465.

"The Civic has been Canada’s best-selling passenger car for 23 years for many reasons, it’s among the safest, most reliable, and fun to drive cars on the road and is built in Alliston, Ontario,” says Steve Hui, assistant vice president sales and marketing for Honda Canada. “The new Civic raises the bar in design, performance, safety and technology, continuing to set the standard in its class.”

Civic Sedan is the first in a series of new 11th-generation Civic variants that will include Hatchback, and high-performance Si and Type-R models.

2022 Honda Civic Sedan Pricing

Trim
Engine
MSRP
MSRP Plus $1,700 Freight and PDI
LX
2.0L​
$24,465​
$26,165​
EX
2.0L​
$26,765​
$28,465​
Sport
2.0L​
$27,865​
$29,565​
Touring
1.5 Turbo​
$30,265​
$31,965​

Improvements Everywhere

Every 2022 Civic Sedan benefits from extensive improvements to the body, chassis and powertrain, safety technology, interior and exterior design quality, and overall driving refinement.

In addition, all 2022 Civics come standard with an expanded Honda Sensing® suite of driver-assistive and safety technology that adds Blind spot information system, Traffic Jam Assist and a smoother, more natural feeling to functions, such as Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and the Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS). A rear seat reminder and rear seatbelt reminder are also new and standard across the line-up.

Civic LX ($24,465) comes with a naturally aspirated 2.0-litre 4-cylinder engine and a continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT). The combination is smooth and responsive, and with 158-horsepower (@ 6,500 rpm, SAE net), it offers the highest standard power output in its class while also netting a 3% improvement in combined fuel economy. Also standard is an easy-to-use 7-inch colour touchscreen with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration, push-button start, remote engine start, partial digital instrumentation, and LED headlights.

Civic EX ($26,765) enhances the LX improvements with the addition of style and comfort features like 16” alloy wheels, a one-touch power sliding moonroof, heated steering wheel and dual zone climate control.

Civic Sport ($27,865) takes it up a notch with its own styling flair featuring bespoke 18-inch wheels with low-profile tires, black exterior accents, and a chrome exhaust finisher. Inside, Sport-specific seating surfaces, paddle shifters, sport pedals, and a new Sport driving mode are standard.

At $30,265, Touring receives a host of new or revised features, including a new, larger 9-inch colour touchscreen display with wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration, a Civic-first Bose premium sound system, a new 10.2-inch all-digital and customizable instrument display, front and rear parking sensors, Sport driving mode, wireless smartphone charging and LED fog lights. Touring also adds Civic’s first implementation of low-speed braking control.

Complete details on the all-new 2022 Honda Civic Sedan, including a full list of specs and features, The all-new 2022 Civic Sedan | Honda Canada

·
Registered
86 Posts
Will be interesting to see if Canadian dealers will budge on going below MSRP. Ontario is only just starting to emerge from a 6+ month period of hard pandemic restrictions and as I understand it sales overall have not been great. They may be willing to negotiate just to get cars out the door again.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Will be interesting to see if Canadian dealers will budge on going below MSRP. Ontario is only just starting to emerge from a 6+ month period of hard pandemic restrictions and as I understand it sales overall have not been great. They may be willing to negotiate just to get cars out the door again.
Did you see the Canadian dealer short video posted a couple of days ago here, where the dealer was talking about their cars stuck at the port, and with demand he was taking a list of interested buyers for when they come in? Doesn't sound like a environment good for lower prices, at least to start.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Did you see the Canadian dealer short video posted a couple of days ago here, where the dealer was talking about their cars stuck at the port, and with demand he was taking a list of interested buyers for when they come in? Doesn't sound like a environment good for lower prices, at least to start.
I think I was the one who posted that ;) I'm taking it with a grain of salt, though. Who's to say this "list" isn't just trying to drum up some artificial demand so he can sell at a higher price and earn more commission? I know someone who works at a (non-Honda) dealer locally to me that normally is a high-volume dealership and the pandemic has not been kind to them, with management placing immense pressure on sales staff to bring customers in and get them signing deals.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Touring out the door for about CAD$ 36K. Getting close to $40K for small car. Ouch! Elantra Ultimate is $30K... Does $6K buys you a better car????

I would not pay attention on those slimy dealers. Go in, offer how much you can pay, they refuse, go out. Wave with all 5 fingers, let them pick one they like the most.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Touring out the door for about CAD$ 36K. Getting close to $40K for small car. Ouch! Elantra Ultimate is $30K... Does $6K buys you a better car????

I would not pay attention on those slimy dealers. Go in, offer how much you can pay, they refuse, go out. Wave with all 5 fingers, let them pick one they like the most.
I wouldn't dare touch a Hyundai product right now with their engine problems. I know three different Hyundai/Kia owners who have had issues with their engine, one of which managed to trade theirs in back to the dealer before it catastrophically failed (a Kia tech's words), another who had theirs replaced and the last with an appointment to have theirs looked at under a relatively new recall.

It's also shameful IMO to advertise wireless CarPlay/Android Auto when you actually lose it beyond the base trim level. Only Hyundai will charge you more for a car while removing features in the process. This has been a problem for two model years now. Hyundai's infotaiment system is overall not a great product, it's slow, unresponsive and often times frustrating to use.

I would be fine paying more for a better product that I know will last and not leave me stranded on the side of the road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts