11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I probably missed this from all the Civic info that's come out recently but is there an exact number for how many airbags inside the Civic?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
As for the number of airbags in the 2022 Civic, Honda says it features an "advanced airbag design" that they explain as "Covered from almost every angle, the 2022 Civic configuration includes added protection for rear, side and knee impact, and an all-new airbag design for enhanced driver and passenger safety."

Sounds like a lot and likely more than the 10th Gen Civic.
Full interior of a 2022 Honda Civic, shot with both doors removed for a complete view from the driver’s side.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Civic Coupe EX - Aegean Blue
183 Posts
I believe the new front airbag design is the same as the one that debuted in the new TLX that features the "catchers mitt" design that helps to cradle the head and prevent it from sliding off the side of the airbag when deployed. No doubt the 11th will continue to raise the bar for safety as previous generations have done. I'm sure honda is hoping for the Top Safety Pick + designation (now possible thanks to the standard LED headlights)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts