11th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For 2022, the Honda Civic is expected to take less than 8 second to reach 60 MPH and achieve a quarter-mile time around 16 seconds. Overall, an incremental gain over the outgoing 10th-generation Civic line up that it will share powertrains with. One exception to this will be the new Type R with 0-60 and 1/4 mile times expected to improve even more, if rumors of a higher output hybrid engine and AWD are true.

·
Registered
502 Posts
With all the new data out now, is there more info on this?

What sort of 0-60 time did the 10th Gen Civic have?

And what about the Type R? What's it's 0-60 and /1/4 miles?

·
Registered
2019 Honda Civic Coupe EX - Aegean Blue
62 Posts
With all the new data out now, is there more info on this?

What sort of 0-60 time did the 10th Gen Civic have?

And what about the Type R? What's it's 0-60 and /1/4 miles?
These may not be 100% accurate, and various auto tests end up with generally different results often times so these are averages...

• 2.0L Base civics did 0-60 in about 7.8 seconds at best with CVT
  • 1.5T sedan (with CVT) could manage about 6.7 to 60
  • 1.5T hatch (with CVT) could manage 7.0 flat to 60 due to it's weight disadvantage compared to the sedan or coupe
  • Civic Si models varied more widely from 6.3-6.7 seconds
  • The Type R managed 4.9 seconds to 60

• I figure the base civics given their direct carry over (and in some cases slightly weight gain) will retain that 7.8 time.
  • 1.5T civics again, with some weight gain, but also a power increase might manage 6.6
  • Civic Si is unknown for it's new power ratings, but Honda should at least try and benchmark the Veloster Turbo that manages in 5.9-6.2 depending on transmission choice.
  • Type R has fallen behind the Veloster N model as well by a couple of tenths so should aim for 4.7 or better if they want it to remain king in a straight line (it still holds all the cards in grip/handling however).

·
Registered
357 Posts
Since the sedan is 70 lbs lighter than the previous gen I think it could be slightly faster than the 10th gen Civic. I think the same thing will likely happen with the hatchback as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts