11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a turbo car I wanted the sound to be more than a whisper so I deleted the rear mufflers, installed a magnaflow muffler behind the stock resonator (cherry bomb style) and had tail pipes fabbed that would allow tips to exit similar to the new Si pics I've seen. Just a little trimming and cutting to the bumper and I think the tips look at home. The sound is probably the best I've heard from a Civic. Nice low growl, not too loud, no droning and really sounds sporty. I have a video clip but nowhere to post it. I may get a youtube account if you want to hear it.

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood
Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car Hood
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Hey @CivicNate. Nice setup!
How much did it all cost with parts and labor? Can you upload a video of what it sounds like to YouTube?

I hope we eventually get a direct fit option from MagnaFlow like this:
Aircraft Aviation Automotive exterior Air travel Monoplane

MagnaFlow Honda Civic Street Series Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System
The Street Series Stainless Performance Exhaust system delivers dyno proven power with a comfortable interior sound and performance exterior sound.
Part Number: 19312
Price: $1,006

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Parts and labor was under $200. I welded in the muffler and my friend bent me some pipes. The magnaflow muffler was about $50, the tips were also about $50, and I paid about $100 to have the tailpipes fabbed. If you go to a muffler shop that has any version of a glasspack in stock, you'd probably pay about $120 or so plus buying the tips of your choice. The bumper cutting isn't too hard, and using the tip with sandpaper wrapped around it makes it easy to clean up the cuts.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Parts and labor was under $200. I welded in the muffler and my friend bent me some pipes. The magnaflow muffler was about $50, the tips were also about $50, and I paid about $100 to have the tailpipes fabbed. If you go to a muffler shop that has any version of a glasspack in stock, you'd probably pay about $120 or so plus buying the tips of your choice. The bumper cutting isn't too hard, and using the tip with sandpaper wrapped around it makes it easy to clean up the cuts. I don't know if linking to another site is allowed but here is a sound clip a mod from another site posted for me.

Sound clip
You did a really good job @CivicNate! I think you got the right sound here. It's sporty but not over the top like so many other modded Civics on the road.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I'm honestly surprised how deep of a note it hits. I'm admittedly guilty of having some pretty awful exhausts in the past.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts