11th Gen Civic Forum banner
101 - 113 of 113 Posts

· Registered
343 Posts
I’m going to upset someone but years from now we’ll look back at these days of mandates and say the same.
I don't know man, I'm more fuel efficient after being vaccinated

· Registered
7 Posts
After two tanks of gas I'm only getting 30 mpg. 80% hwy. I drive it easy but on the freeway, I'm usually doing 80 or 90mph. Even at those speeds I should get better than 30mpg

The third tank of gas I spent the day yesterday doing all city driving, but driving it pretty easy. After 30 miles its showing 20mpg

Something is definitely wrong...

EDIT: I only use normal mode
Hey did ur mpg get better over the months? I’ve had mines for about two months (1,200 miles) and averaging about 20mpg rn 40% highway 60% city.

· Registered
14 Posts
I am in the same situation. I average around 10L/100Km or 23 MPG in the city. Trim I have is EX. (With AC on + Eco mode + Idle Stop ON)
Just don’t know what’s wrong with my car. The car is still new, less than 600km so I am hoping to take it on long trip and let you know of economy there.

My friends say I drive gently. For comparison, I get around 5L/100Km (46-47MPG) in Totoya Prius Hybrid in City.
Coming from manual drive from my previous car, this kind of economy disappoints me.

· Registered
75 Posts
Sport touring hatch getting 42mpg at 70% highway and 30% city driving in econ mode with idle stop on. Very seldom have the AC on as it isn't needed right now. 87 octane. Just over 600 miles now. I drive conservatively because I want to get good gas mileage. After the break in period is over, I'll probably have some fun, but not every single time I sit in the car to drive. Don't see a point in driving so aggressively all the time.

· Registered
2 Posts
I got the new Civic on Oct. 22, so about 2 weeks ago. My driving is about 75% city and 25% highway, I have 1800 kms right now and my fuel economy is at a horrible 9.4L/100kms. That's 1120 miles and 25 mpg. I've had it on econ mode the entire time, and I don't know if I should take it to the dealer to have it checked or if there's a break in process that is done. I turn off auto engine off and put on brake hold every time I start the engine, not sure if they matter. I generally have AC on the entire time for heating since it is getting pretty cold in Canada. Is this an issue with you guys as well, the 11th gen model or the Touring trim?
I have the same car. Every few thousands of miles it will go up. We have 20k on it now and we just hit 36.1

· Registered
2023 Civic Lx Sedan
30 Posts
The same discussion has been repeated many times at the 10th gen forum. The fact is, you should expect in the low 20s mpg (8 to 10 liters per 100 km) with the late model civics if most of your driving is short haul city driving or extremely congested urban driving.

If you want to make sure that your car is running ok, after gassing up and resetting the mileage indicator, take it for a long drive on the highway at about 70 mph (110 km/hr). Make sure that you are not in “sport” mode. You should get more than 35 mpg (lower than 7 liters/100 km).

These cars get close to 40 mpg (6 liters/100km) on the highway at reasonable speeds. In town, it varies greatly on how long the trip is and how much stop and go you experience. From 20 mpg up to 35 mpg.

If you want better city mileage, trade your car in for the new Civic hybrid when it comes out. It gets 60 mpg in town.

· Registered
2 Posts
I am in the same situation. I average around 10L/100Km or 23 MPG in the city. Trim I have is EX. (With AC on + Eco mode + Idle Stop ON)
Just don’t know what’s wrong with my car. The car is still new, less than 600km so I am hoping to take it on long trip and let you know of economy there.

My friends say I drive gently. For comparison, I get around 5L/100Km (46-47MPG) in Totoya Prius Hybrid in City.
Coming from manual drive from my previous car, this kind of economy disappoints me.
We never use eco. I like the start and stop but the wife does not. She gets less MPG because of the way she drives. FAST!!! There is a setting for the dash gauges that has a white bar going across that shows Gas mileage as you are driving. This will show you and tell you if you have a heavy foot. Our gas mileage went up about every five thousand miles it seems. Now at 36.1. My buddy has a Prius and he gets well over 60MPG. Most of his driving for that car is the freeway.

· Registered
14 Posts
I got the new Civic on Oct. 22, so about 2 weeks ago. My driving is about 75% city and 25% highway, I have 1800 kms right now and my fuel economy is at a horrible 9.4L/100kms. That's 1120 miles and 25 mpg. I've had it on econ mode the entire time, and I don't know if I should take it to the dealer to have it checked or if there's a break in process that is done. I turn off auto engine off and put on brake hold every time I start the engine, not sure if they matter. I generally have AC on the entire time for heating since it is getting pretty cold in Canada. Is this an issue with you guys as well, the 11th gen model or the Touring trim?
Any progress after that brother?

My fuel economy is almost same as yours, though I am more on city driving. I keep AC on intermittently just to defog the windshield. I am also an economical driver having gotten around 6L/100km on highway but in city environment my economy lingers around 9-10L/100Km. I have driven about 2400Km. My auto-start stop also stopped working some time ago. :confused: I'm just hoping it will work when weather warms up and get some good economy.

· Registered
75 Posts
I have the 2022 sport touring hatchback. Summer mileage for me was excellent. Upwards of 41 to 42mpg driving about 80% highway and 20% city on summer fuel. Now on winter fuel, I'm sitting at 36 to 37mpg.
I took a 950 mile trip down south at Christmas time and averaged 38mpg doing 70 to 80 mph. Through the mountains, I averaged 34 mpg. Temperatures at that time were cold (30 to 35 degrees) all the way down to my final destination. Fuel consumption on the way back was slightly better maybe because temperatures were much warmer.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts