·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this so please go easy and advise:

Car: 2022 Touring 1.5T
Mods: Muffler deleted, Still have CAT
Driving style: I usually have my car in ECO mode and don't let my revs get past 3000 when daily driving. Occasionally I do a pull from 0 to around 60 and when I get on highways I usually push around 4000 to pick up speed faster.

Recently I got Hondata and reflashed my ECU to the 93 Octane basemap and haven't touched anything else in the Hondata calibrations.

I have a few questions:

Is it safe to run this on my car long term and Has anyone else ran an older Honda long term without trouble?

The Reflash Stock Torque limit for the Hondata in Calibration for the non eco mode has the torque limited to 300 by default but the warning says to not increase above 250 to prevent trans damage. Is this safe?

If you need anymore information please ask and I'll provide it, cause I'm not sure past what I've already included.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. I’d love to get a hondata, but I drive my car 60k plus a year and I can’t afford to be 150 miles from home and have a head gasket blow because I was putting too much boost to the engine.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this so please go easy and advise:

Car: 2022 Touring 1.5T
Mods: Muffler deleted, Still have CAT
Driving style: I usually have my car in ECO mode and don't let my revs get past 3000 when daily driving. Occasionally I do a pull from 0 to around 60 and when I get on highways I usually push around 4000 to pick up speed faster.

Recently I got Hondata and reflashed my ECU to the 93 Octane basemap and haven't touched anything else in the Hondata calibrations.

I have a few questions:

Is it safe to run this on my car long term and Has anyone else ran an older Honda long term without trouble?

The Reflash Stock Torque limit for the Hondata in Calibration for the non eco mode has the torque limited to 300 by default but the warning says to not increase above 250 to prevent trans damage. Is this safe?

If you need anymore information please ask and I'll provide it, cause I'm not sure past what I've already included.
Welcome to the forum @px27nubie! I know plenty of people that have run Hondata basemaps and haven't had any issues. As long as you don't beat the heck out of the car or race it, which you say you don't, you'll be fine.

Are you planning more mods or are you stopping with the tune?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
@Palmer8 Thank you for your response. I'm planning on adding a BOV, Performance Exhaust, Intercoolers and maybe a transmission cooler(not sure if it is the same thing as the intercooler). Not sure yet, cause I want to still be able to drive it for a few years before trading it in for a MT car.

Also for anyone else that can read flashpro datalogs, please let me know if mine looks irregular or could cause problems.(Couldn't attach them due to "unaccepted file extension" so if you know how to read it and understand it, please message me and I'll send it to you. Here are some pictures from the Hondata Flashpro 93 Oct Calibration ECO (my daily driving), though I don't think they would do much.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking the same thing. I’d love to get a hondata, but I drive my car 60k plus a year and I can’t afford to be 150 miles from home and have a head gasket blow because I was putting too much boost to the engine.
Yeah I've been wondering too. I don't know what the boost basemap is for the Hondata FP 93 Calibration, I've just been assuming it was a +3basemap cause all I see are 3s when looking at the boost table lol

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
@px27nubie running Hondata long term shouldn't be a problem. Having a good tuner or a lot of knowledge and know-how yourself can really help. What is your experience with tuning like?

I know 8th and 9th gen owners that ran these tunes and mods to go with them all without issues.

What are your goals for performance?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@px27nubie running Hondata long term shouldn't be a problem. Having a good tuner or a lot of knowledge and know-how yourself can really help. What is your experience with tuning like?

I know 8th and 9th gen owners that ran these tunes and mods to go with them all without issues.

What are your goals for performance?
This is my very first time tuning at all, Still very new to this whole thing. I'm glad to hear that it shouldn't be a problem from a few of you all so far.

I don't really have any performance goals but I just want to have a more fun drive but eventually I may want to try to maximize my car's potential without breaking the CVT or blowing my engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just did some research and datalogging with Hondata:
Nothing looks too out of the ordinary when comparing the Stock ECU datalog on ECO and the Hondata FP ECU on ECO.

I'm a noob at this so correct me if I'm wrong but I was comparing the

93 Octane Hondata Flashpro basemap vs Stock Honda ECU

and these are the results i got from them (below) Comparing them, nothing looks too out of the ordinary, except a little higher numbers (that i actually checked) in boost. From like 7.80mm in stock to like 7.95mm in the flashpro.

Keep in mind, the left one is 93 octane and right is stock ecu, and that I was just driving around doing errands and figured it would be a good way to datalog, so these two datalogs are not from the same drive and have varying speeds.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts