11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in no hurry to buy, and was hoping for supply at dealers to increase with time. I visit the Honda automobiles site which gives the inventory numbers for the 7 closest dealers to me. What I see is the number of Civics available decreasing, for the past 2 weeks. I haven't seen even one day where the inventory increased. Then, going to the individual dealers websites, I pretty much see the same thing. Inventory declining, and no ramp up in availability. Now that we are close to a month since official availability, you'd think we'd see more here, but that isn't happening.

The highest volume dealer near me had 111 2021 Civics in mid May. That is now down to 34 on hand, and now 12 2022's.

Anyone else tracking this kind of thing? What are you seeing?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I checked the exact color combo I have - on the opening day there were 2 of them, now there are three, one of the original ones, which still have not been sold (not surprised - they want 40k) and two more have been delivered to the dealers. I don't know how many were sold, but I don't think that many.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport HPD
70 Posts
I'm in no hurry to buy, and was hoping for supply at dealers to increase with time. I visit the Honda automobiles site which gives the inventory numbers for the 7 closest dealers to me. What I see is the number of Civics available decreasing, for the past 2 weeks. I haven't seen even one day where the inventory increased. Then, going to the individual dealers websites, I pretty much see the same thing. Inventory declining, and no ramp up in availability. Now that we are close to a month since official availability, you'd think we'd see more here, but that isn't happening.

The highest volume dealer near me had 111 2021 Civics in mid May. That is now down to 34 on hand, and now 12 2022's.

Anyone else tracking this kind of thing? What are you seeing?
My dealer had four in Enid, Oklahoma. I got mine on the 21st after waiting on the HPD package. Now they are all sold and no more have been delivered. I have been wondering the same thing and am glad I jumped on it early. :cool:

·
Registered
2019 Honda Civic Coupe EX - Aegean Blue
188 Posts
The high volume dealer near me who typically averages 1500 cars on the lot is down to 366 cars total. 34 of them are civics, 9 of them are the new 2022 (2 touring, 1 EX, 2 Sport, 4 LX), the rest are 2021 models. But obviously this shows that it's not just the civics trickling in... inventory as a whole is far below what it normally is for any model. Thus the high prices on used models. Most used models that are only 1-2 years old are going for as much as brand new.

I've only seen one new 2022 civic out in the wild since its release, in a parking lot, a gray sport model.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
My dealer had four in Enid, Oklahoma. I got mine on the 21st after waiting on the HPD package. Now they are all sold and no more have been delivered. I have been wondering the same thing and am glad I jumped on it early. :cool:
Welcome to the forum @22CIVICHPD :)

Congrats! Any pictures of your Civic?
It would be great if you could add them to whichever of these color threads it belongs in:

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
46 Posts
I was curious so looked at the dealerships website where I bought mine, there were three 2022's. An LX, EX and one Touring. I forget the colors. I only got one keyfob too, but did get the 2nd key. I wonder how long it'll take them to get us the 2nd fob? Oh well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
There were only 3 at my dealer when I came to pick up my mats on the 4th. Forgot to check on my fob, but I guess I'll check on it next week when we check out this dash rattle (another thread).

·
Registered
85 Posts
There were only 3 at my dealer when I came to pick up my mats on the 4th. Forgot to check on my fob, but I guess I'll check on it next week when we check out this dash rattle (another thread).
From what I was told dealers also have no idea about the fobs and don't know any more than we do - Honda is supposed to contact customers directly first (before the dealer even knows) to arrange for the second fob to either be mailed or sent to the dealer for pickup.

·
Registered
70 Posts
From what I was told dealers also have no idea about the fobs and don't know any more than we do - Honda is supposed to contact customers directly first (before the dealer even knows) to arrange for the second fob to either be mailed or sent to the dealer for pickup.
I can confirm this is what my dealer stated upon delivery.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Palmer8

Well I got a 2020 Subaru WRX in December after trading in my 2017 Civic Si. I have been waiting on the 11th Gen and after seeing them in person the Subaru got kicked to the curb.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts