11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, allow me to introduce myself. i am Carlos in i live in Sarasota, FL. Just placed my order in for a 2022 civic sport in sonic gray yesterday. ETA on delivery is NOV 14. I just moved out of my house in December to live on my own and picked up ubering as a new hobby of mine. This hobby started out about a couple times a week and once i saw how good the money was i started doing it fulltime after my 9 to 5 job.

I was driving a tesla model 3 performance to do that and i put about 55k miles on it this year since january putting the total miles on it to 95k. The reason i sold it was because being a performance model the tires do not last very long. tire changes end up being $1900 every time and i had to change them 3 times. another reason why i chose to get rid of it is cause my car payment is $900.

I ran the numbers and even though the CIVIC LX would be the better overall honda to drive for uber due to the gas mileage i drove the sport and the overall feel was better to drive ..... and i fell in love with that sonic grey color. A couple things i wanted to ask y'all. after how many miles do you get an oil change and how much cost? tire rotation after how many miles and cost? how often do you change your tires? and last question is the honda care package worth it? the dealer sold me hard on it and since i drive 4k-5k miles per month seemed like a good bargain to only pay $50 extra a month and have the "bumper to bumper" extended warranty with the routine maintenance on oil charge included too.

id appreciate the input and any help. i am so excited to receive my car and glad to be part of this forum.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congratulations on your order! I guess at $50/month for the Honda Care Package; assuming I'm reading the correct information online, you get oil changes, tire rotations, brake fluid and transmission fluid included into it so it equates to $600/year

It covers up to 100K miles so if you drive 55k-ish miles every year for Uber alone, you're done in roughly about 2 years.

I personally do oil changes every 3-5k miles so 55000/5000 miles for example = 11 oil changes x about $50 per oil change = $550/year in oil changes alone. So I guess I would say it's worth it for the first two years until you are out of warranty.

Depending on the manufacturer, tires are changed out roughly around 50k miles or until you have around 2/32 inches left so just keep a cheap tire measure tool in your car or if you're lazy, use a penny and if you can see the top of the head when you put it into the tread, it's time to swap out tires.

I say just take advantage of what you pay for because it will seem like you'll pretty much need it for your work and you can expense it anyways for taxes so why not.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys, allow me to introduce myself. i am Carlos in i live in Sarasota, FL. Just placed my order in for a 2022 civic sport in sonic gray yesterday. ETA on delivery is NOV 14. I just moved out of my house in December to live on my own and picked up ubering as a new hobby of mine. This hobby started out about a couple times a week and once i saw how good the money was i started doing it fulltime after my 9 to 5 job.

I was driving a tesla model 3 performance to do that and i put about 55k miles on it this year since january putting the total miles on it to 95k. The reason i sold it was because being a performance model the tires do not last very long. tire changes end up being $1900 every time and i had to change them 3 times. another reason why i chose to get rid of it is cause my car payment is $900.

I ran the numbers and even though the CIVIC LX would be the better overall honda to drive for uber due to the gas mileage i drove the sport and the overall feel was better to drive ..... and i fell in love with that sonic grey color. A couple things i wanted to ask y'all. after how many miles do you get an oil change and how much cost? tire rotation after how many miles and cost? how often do you change your tires? and last question is the honda care package worth it? the dealer sold me hard on it and since i drive 4k-5k miles per month seemed like a good bargain to only pay $50 extra a month and have the "bumper to bumper" extended warranty with the routine maintenance on oil charge included too.

id appreciate the input and any help. i am so excited to receive my car and glad to be part of this forum.
[/QU
Congratulations on your order! I guess at $50/month for the Honda Care Package; assuming I'm reading the correct information online, you get oil changes, tire rotations, brake fluid and transmission fluid included into it so it equates to $600/year

It covers up to 100K miles so if you drive 55k-ish miles every year for Uber alone, you're done in roughly about 2 years.

I personally do oil changes every 3-5k miles so 55000/5000 miles for example = 11 oil changes x about $50 per oil change = $550/year in oil changes alone. So I guess I would say it's worth it for the first two years until you are out of warranty.

Depending on the manufacturer, tires are changed out roughly around 50k miles or until you have around 2/32 inches left so just keep a cheap tire measure tool in your car or if you're lazy, use a penny and if you can see the top of the head when you put it into the tread, it's time to swap out tires.

I say just take advantage of what you pay for because it will seem like you'll pretty much need it for your work and you can expense it anyways for taxes so why not.
Love the Sport, but for Uber the LX is a wiser choice, tires on the sport are $200 per tire versus $ 80 on the LX ( same brand) this means nearly $500 per year a waste, plus in the LX you get additional 3 to 5 mpg thats another $ 400 to $500 savings a year, noting also that the LX is smoother on rough roads so a full day driving starts to makes a difference in comfort.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts