11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The base 2022 Civic Sedan LX is 70 lbs lighter (2895 lbs) than the outgoing 10th-generation model that weighs 2963 lbs. By Honda doing this, it should help to improve fuel economy and overall driving dynamics, especially with all the other changes made.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Civic Coupe EX - Aegean Blue
183 Posts
I thought I had read that the weight was increasing across the trim lineup, which seemed odd given that Honda had mentioned a lot of new weight saving measures (lighter front sub frame, aluminum hood, etc). But I know they're also adding quite a bit of spray foam to deaden sound transfer. It'd be great if all the trims lost a few pounds. With mechanical revisions should keep the 0-60 times class leading for this generation.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I had read that the weight was increasing across the trim lineup, which seemed odd given that Honda had mentioned a lot of new weight saving measures (lighter front sub frame, aluminum hood, etc). But I know they're also adding quite a bit of spray foam to deaden sound transfer. It'd be great if all the trims lost a few pounds. With mechanical revisions should keep the 0-60 times class leading for this generation.
It might be increasing in some areas but they did target some big key areas that likely contributed a lot to the base weight: This is what I read: "Some weight saving measures have been taken, including the use of a new aluminum subframe that shaves some weight off the front while adding rigidity. The new Civic’s structure is more rigid overall than the outgoing model, with more deployment of high-strength steels and aluminum to keep the weight gains in check"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts