11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Presumably with the UK factory closing for definite (allegedly!) in July 2021, I can't imagine Honda would want much of a delay to the new Type R especially with new registrations in the UK being September. They wouldn't make the current Type R in Ohio as it wouldn't make sense from a tooling perspective, so I wonder if it may be sooner than anyone is expecting.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Presumably with the UK factory closing for definite (allegedly!) in July 2021, I can't imagine Honda would want much of a delay to the new Type R especially with new registrations in the UK being September. They wouldn't make the current Type R in Ohio as it wouldn't make sense from a tooling perspective, so I wonder if it may be sooner than anyone is expecting.
Welcome to the forum @mbridgett! When you say "allegedly" about the UK plant closing, is there news on your end about it remaining open?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Any new info/updates on the new 2022 Civic?
Release date?
Welcome to the forum @Ben757! The latest info that's come out on the Civic has been the new spy photos that show the Civic hatch's spoiler. As for the release date, it should still be going on sale this spring.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Any new info/updates on the new 2022 Civic?
Release date?
So far its been just spottings of the 11th gen Civic prototypes. Have you seen the photos of them?

No seems pretty cast in stone sadly!
I remember seeing a publication reporting this back in 2019.

"Honda announced it will close its Swindon, U.K., manufacturing plant in 2021 when production ends on the current-generation Civic. All Civic hatchbacks in the U.S., including the Civic Type R, are made at the Swindon factory. ... The decision comes as Honda evolves its EV strategy."

·
Registered
3 Posts
So far its been just spottings of the 11th gen Civic prototypes. Have you seen the photos of them?

I remember seeing a publication reporting this back in 2019.

"Honda announced it will close its Swindon, U.K., manufacturing plant in 2021 when production ends on the current-generation Civic. All Civic hatchbacks in the U.S., including the Civic Type R, are made at the Swindon factory. ... The decision comes as Honda evolves its EV strategy."
July by this account Swindon Honda closure date 'set in stone'

·
Registered
756 Posts
Just updating this thread with the June 16th on sale date info

1 - 10 of 10 Posts